Cost of screen replacement - Handheld

This is a discussion on Cost of screen replacement - Handheld ; I have a broken iPAQ screen. HP charges 230 for repair (ex VAT, but including courier). That's more than 1/2 the new price one year ago. This probably varies with geography, but are there cheaper ways to do it? For ...

  1. Cost of screen replacement

    I have a broken iPAQ screen. HP charges 230 for repair (ex VAT, but
    including courier).
    That's more than 1/2 the new price one year ago.

    This probably varies with geography, but are there cheaper ways to do
    it?

    For example getting a cheaper screen, and getting a local repair-wizard
    to fix it?

    Its an HP iPAQ rx3715

    Thanks
    Olav

  2. Re: Cost of screen replacement

    On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 02:58:52 -0800, olav_ne wrote:

    > I have a broken iPAQ screen. HP charges 230 for repair (ex VAT, but
    > including courier).
    > That's more than 1/2 the new price one year ago.
    >
    > This probably varies with geography, but are there cheaper ways to do it?
    >
    > For example getting a cheaper screen, and getting a local repair-wizard to
    > fix it?
    >
    > Its an HP iPAQ rx3715

    Buy another one on eBay.

    --