Advice for a PDA (using linux) - Handheld

This is a discussion on Advice for a PDA (using linux) - Handheld ; Hello there, I'd like to change my old palm m505 with a new PDA. Now I'm using: 1-Address book 2-Datebook (datebook4) 3-Handbase (using for dvd collection,expenses...) 4-Ebook reader And *very important* good sync with linux desktop. I'd like to change ...

  1. Advice for a PDA (using linux)

    Hello there,
    I'd like to change my old palm m505 with a new PDA.

    Now I'm using:

    1-Address book
    2-Datebook (datebook4)
    3-Handbase (using for dvd collection,expenses...)
    4-Ebook reader

    And *very important* good sync with linux desktop.

    I'd like to change with a new model,and I was thinking about a Sharp
    Zaurus Model. ( I tried the zire 71,but I didn't like it!)

    What I need more than before is a good movie player (DivX)!

    What model I need to consider?
    Please,keep on mind,that I don't use any win machine,so I need that
    things like movie conversions,sync... can be done on my linux desktop.

    Any suggestion,please?

    Thanks a lot!
    Alessandro

  2. Re: Advice for a PDA (using linux)

    On 2006-01-31 13:46 CET, Alessandro Boggiano wrote:

    > 1-Address book

    Zaurus (Ka/Pi or just Portabase)

    > 2-Datebook (datebook4)

    Zaurus (Ko/Pi)

    > 3-Handbase (using for dvd collection,expenses...)

    Zaurus (Portabase)

    > 4-Ebook reader

    Zaurus (Opie-Reader)

    http://www.pi-sync.net/

    > I'd like to change with a new model,and I was thinking about a Sharp
    > Zaurus Model. ( I tried the zire 71,but I didn't like it!)

    Zaurus. Clamshell models (SL-C1000 or SL-C3100)

    > What I need more than before is a good movie player (DivX)!

    Zaurus (mplayer)

    > Please,keep on mind,that I don't use any win machine,so I need that
    > things like movie conversions,sync... can be done on my linux desktop.

    Backup: Zaurus, with rsync.

    --

  3. Re: Advice for a PDA (using linux)

    >3-Handbase (using for dvd collection,expenses...)
    I use tkcCard for my LP/CD collection database - very good.
    I'm using the desktop version on my Linux laptop.
    I don't sync - can't help with that
    I have the Zaurus C1000
    Klaus Ernst
    "Alessandro Boggiano" wrote in message
    > Hello there,
    > I'd like to change my old palm m505 with a new PDA.
    >
    > Now I'm using:
    >
    > 1-Address book
    > 2-Datebook (datebook4)
    > 3-Handbase (using for dvd collection,expenses...)
    > 4-Ebook reader
    >
    > And *very important* good sync with linux desktop.
    >
    > I'd like to change with a new model,and I was thinking about a Sharp
    > Zaurus Model. ( I tried the zire 71,but I didn't like it!)
    >
    > What I need more than before is a good movie player (DivX)!
    >
    > What model I need to consider?
    > Please,keep on mind,that I don't use any win machine,so I need that
    > things like movie conversions,sync... can be done on my linux desktop.
    >

    > Any suggestion,please?
    >
    > Thanks a lot!
    > Alessandro

+ Reply to Thread