BlackBerry: two basic questions - Handheld

This is a discussion on BlackBerry: two basic questions - Handheld ; Hello, I would like to ask the following basic questions pertaining to the BlackBerry 7290: 1. How do I delete an application so it no longer shows up in the application launcher? 2. What is browser push? Thanks, JG...

  1. BlackBerry: two basic questions

    Hello,

    I would like to ask the following basic questions pertaining to the
    BlackBerry 7290:

    1. How do I delete an application so it no longer
    shows up in the application launcher?

    2. What is browser push?

    Thanks,

    JG

  2. Re: BlackBerry: two basic questions

    wrote in message
    news:1138701126.816059.99380@g14g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to ask the following basic questions pertaining to the
    > BlackBerry 7290:
    >
    > 1. How do I delete an application so it no longer
    > shows up in the application launcher?
    >
    > 2. What is browser push?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > JG

    1. There are two possibilities - one is to completely uninstall the
    application, the other is just to hide it.

    To hide the application, click the left shift (half moon) followed by
    clicking the scroll-wheel. Then scroll to "Hide Application" and then the
    icon will have an X to denote it will be hidden. To hide or unhide all the
    apps with an X - tap the left shift, click the scroll wheel, and then check
    or uncheck "Show All"

    To Delete an application, go to Options, scroll to Applications, scroll to
    the application you wish to delete, click the scroll wheel, and Delete.

    This article may help explain Browser Push, and compare to other pushes:
    http://www.blackberry.com/developers.../push_me.shtml

    Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread