GBA emulator for GP2X? - Handheld

This is a discussion on GBA emulator for GP2X? - Handheld ; There are many freeware demos for GBA available on the Web. However, you have to have a special memory cart for running the GBA demos. I am interested in buying a GP2X portable console and I know there are many ...

  1. GBA emulator for GP2X?

    There are many freeware demos for GBA available on the Web. However,
    you have to have a special memory cart for running the GBA demos.

    I am interested in buying a GP2X portable console and I know there are
    many emulators available for it. Please could you tell me if there is
    any mature GBA emulator available for GP2X?

  2. Re: GBA emulator for GP2X?

    wrote in message
    news:1136464724.220410.285840@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > There are many freeware demos for GBA available on the Web. However,
    > you have to have a special memory cart for running the GBA demos.
    >
    > I am interested in buying a GP2X portable console and I know there are
    > many emulators available for it. Please could you tell me if there is
    > any mature GBA emulator available for GP2X?

    Apparently its harder to emulate than the snes and none of the handhelds do
    it properly.

    To top it off, the GP2x isnt ready for the non developer market. Too many
    hardware issues and firmware probs.

    It also seems like the dual cpu feature could be difficult to employ to
    full. I think this would be needed to get proper playable emulation.

    I'm sticking to my DS and Zodiac for the time being.

    The iRiver possible offering looks nice.

    HTH

    Neil

  3. Re: GBA emulator for GP2X?

    > > There are many freeware demos for GBA available on the Web. However,
    > > you have to have a special memory cart for running the GBA demos.
    > >
    > > I am interested in buying a GP2X portable console and I know there are
    > > many emulators available for it. Please could you tell me if there is
    > > any mature GBA emulator available for GP2X?

    > To top it off, the GP2x isnt ready for the non developer market. Too many
    > hardware issues and firmware probs.

    It seems there are two GBA emulators for GP2x now:
    http://gpadvance.sourceforge.net/

    http://gp2x-emulation.dcemu.co.uk/gp2xvba.shtml

    I found an interesting PSX emulator:
    http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GP2PSX

    Of course, emulating the old GBC and Lynx is easier.

    > The iRiver possible offering looks nice.

    What about iRiver? Do they offer some hardware which would be able to
    emulate GBA?

  4. Re: GBA emulator for GP2X?

    On 5 Jan 2006 04:38:44 -0800, totojepast@razdva.cz wrote:

    >There are many freeware demos for GBA available on the Web. However,
    >you have to have a special memory cart for running the GBA demos.
    >
    >I am interested in buying a GP2X portable console and I know there are
    >many emulators available for it. Please could you tell me if there is
    >any mature GBA emulator available for GP2X?

    As luck would have it, there is a top notch gba emulator for the gp2x
    that plays every game I've ever tried, not that I've tried every game,
    but every game I've tried worked at full or near full speed.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread