pda + cable + camera - Handheld

This is a discussion on pda + cable + camera - Handheld ; hello, I look for a kind of pda which could be linked to a camera through a USB cable, and could be used as a camcoder for example. Could you tell me if such a thing, do exist ? Thank ...

  1. pda + cable + camera

    hello,

    I look for a kind of pda which could be linked to a camera through a USB
    cable, and could be used as a camcoder for example.
    Could you tell me if such a thing, do exist ?

    Thank you in advance for any answer,

    nn

  2. Re: pda + cable + camera

    On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 02:58:40 +0100, NoName
    wrote:

    >hello,
    >
    >I look for a kind of pda which could be linked to a camera through a USB
    >cable, and could be used as a camcoder for example.
    >Could you tell me if such a thing, do exist ?

    Many cell phones include cameras, and I _think_ some can take videos.
    At least some Pocket PCs come with cameras, and I'm sure at least some
    of them can take videos. Several companies sell cameras in/on SF (and
    probably SD) cards.

    At least some newer Pocket PCs support USB hosting, which is required
    to work with peripherals such as an external camera. I know Microsoft
    provides some support for cameras in the most recent Pocket PCs (WM 5
    for Pocket PC). But I don't think it works with external cameras. I
    haven't noticed anyone else supporting a camera, but it would
    certainly be possible

    >Thank you in advance for any answer,
    >
    >nn

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP