new PSP-Killing Handheld: iRiver G10 - 800x400 Resolution - Handheld

This is a discussion on new PSP-Killing Handheld: iRiver G10 - 800x400 Resolution - Handheld ; new PSP-Killing Handheld: iRiver G10 - 800x400 Resolution iRiver's G10 http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploaded_im...er2-794004.jpg http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploaded_im...er1-747372.jpg iRiver to Rain on PSP's Parade? There are many gadgets being unveiled at this year's International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, but the one that we ...

  1. new PSP-Killing Handheld: iRiver G10 - 800x400 Resolution

    new PSP-Killing Handheld: iRiver G10 - 800x400 Resolution

    iRiver's G10

    http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploaded_im...er2-794004.jpg

    http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploaded_im...er1-747372.jpg

    iRiver to Rain on PSP's Parade?

    There are many gadgets being unveiled at this year's International
    Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, but the one that we (and
    Sony) should all be keeping a close eye on is the iRiver G10. New
    pictures and specifications about this device were released today,
    sporting many features that might make the PSP start shakin' in its
    boots... or PlayGear Pocket... or whatever your PSP uses for footware.
    Here's a look:

    Windows Mobile 5 Operating System
    4 and 8 Gigabytes of storage space
    3D Graphics Rendering
    WVGA Screen w/800x400 Resolution
    WiBro Support (Wireless Broadband, faster than standard WiFi)

  2. Re: new PSP-Killing Handheld: iRiver G10 - 800x400 Resolution

    It might be a 'psp killer' in terms of spec, but who is publihing games
    for it?
    Who is iRivier? (I mean, does the general public know who they are?).
    This is another Gamepark/Wonderswan/Gamegear/Lynx.

    Besides, isnt the DS the real console to compete with? It's sold nearly
    double the number the PSP has, is cheaper, less powerful, but has
    better games.

    Being a PSP killer means nothing.

  3. Re: new PSP-Killing Handheld: iRiver G10 - 800x400 Resolution

    "The Truth" wrote in message
    news:1136399339.468962.18080@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
    > It might be a 'psp killer' in terms of spec, but who is publihing games
    > for it?
    > Who is iRivier? (I mean, does the general public know who they are?).
    > This is another Gamepark/Wonderswan/Gamegear/Lynx.
    >
    > Besides, isnt the DS the real console to compete with? It's sold nearly
    > double the number the PSP has, is cheaper, less powerful, but has
    > better games.

    In what world did DS double the PSP sales? Give me a break. You DS fanboys
    (I own a DS) are ridiculous with your "pulled out of ass" sales figures.

    > Being a PSP killer means nothing.

    Because it hasn't happened and won't.

  4. Re: new PSP-Killing Handheld: iRiver G10 - 800x400 Resolution

    New hardware is always fun but without a killer app well it's just a
    pretty piece of hardware.

    BTW, you won't be running any existing PC games on the thing with only
    8 GB of storage.

    Regards,
    SK

    Radeon350@yahoo.com wrote:
    > new PSP-Killing Handheld: iRiver G10 - 800x400 Resolution
    >
    > iRiver's G10
    >
    > http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploaded_im...er2-794004.jpg
    >
    > http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploaded_im...er1-747372.jpg
    >
    > iRiver to Rain on PSP's Parade?
    >
    > There are many gadgets being unveiled at this year's International
    > Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, but the one that we (and
    > Sony) should all be keeping a close eye on is the iRiver G10. New
    > pictures and specifications about this device were released today,
    > sporting many features that might make the PSP start shakin' in its
    > boots... or PlayGear Pocket... or whatever your PSP uses for footware.
    > Here's a look:
    >
    > Windows Mobile 5 Operating System
    > 4 and 8 Gigabytes of storage space
    > 3D Graphics Rendering
    > WVGA Screen w/800x400 Resolution
    > WiBro Support (Wireless Broadband, faster than standard WiFi)

    Matt Costanza
    Austin, Tx USA

  5. Re: new PSP-Killing Handheld: iRiver G10 - 800x400 Resolution

    http://ds.ign.com/articles/602/602448p1.html
    wrote in message
    news:1136342536.061567.287410@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > new PSP-Killing Handheld: iRiver G10 - 800x400 Resolution
    >
    > iRiver's G10
    >
    > http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploaded_im...er2-794004.jpg
    >
    > http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploaded_im...er1-747372.jpg
    >
    > iRiver to Rain on PSP's Parade?
    >
    > There are many gadgets being unveiled at this year's International
    > Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, but the one that we (and
    > Sony) should all be keeping a close eye on is the iRiver G10. New
    > pictures and specifications about this device were released today,
    > sporting many features that might make the PSP start shakin' in its
    > boots... or PlayGear Pocket... or whatever your PSP uses for footware.
    > Here's a look:
    >
    > Windows Mobile 5 Operating System
    > 4 and 8 Gigabytes of storage space
    > 3D Graphics Rendering
    > WVGA Screen w/800x400 Resolution
    > WiBro Support (Wireless Broadband, faster than standard WiFi)

+ Reply to Thread