Video format for handheld - Handheld

This is a discussion on Video format for handheld - Handheld ; I am not sure if this is the right group, If not please tell me which group to ask in. I have a handheld film/mp3-player (netac iMUZ C708) which should be able to play films encoded as MTV format in ...

  1. Video format for handheld

    I am not sure if this is the right group, If not please tell me which
    group to ask in.

    I have a handheld film/mp3-player (netac iMUZ C708) which should be
    able to play films encoded as MTV format in avi-XviD with MP3 sound
    (Donīt know if that makes any sense, but that is what it says in the
    manual)

    The manual describes how to encode a video using VirtualDub software.
    I have done so, and I can watch the film, if I disable the sound
    encoding in VirtualDub...

    I can't however make sound work at all. It says in the manual that you
    have to encode the sound as MP3 seperatly and multiplex the two... But
    it does not say anything about how to do that. And I am no
    video-format wiz... So I can't get it to work...

    And since the product is from china, calling the support is not really
    an option (My chinese is very limited )

  2. Re: Video format for handheld

    "Mazzachre" wrote
    > I have a handheld film/mp3-player (netac iMUZ C708) which should be
    > able to play films encoded as MTV format in avi-XviD with MP3 sound
    > (Donīt know if that makes any sense, but that is what it says in the
    > manual)

    There is a huge thread on that topic at...
    http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/7595p1.html

    > The manual describes how to encode a video using VirtualDub software.
    > I have done so, and I can watch the film, if I disable the sound
    > encoding in VirtualDub...

    Try 'DMVconvert' which is a free software that can convert to dmv- and
    mtv-format:
    http://www.burgers-transition-site.d...ols/index.html

    The tool can handle mpeg1 and mpeg2-source material, but is not compatible
    with avi or wmv.

    Regards,
    Stefan

+ Reply to Thread