GPS software Pocket PC ?? - Handheld

This is a discussion on GPS software Pocket PC ?? - Handheld ; Hello sailors! Does anybody know a good software (freeware, shareware preferred) for a Pocket PC with GPS for sailing-purposes? All I want to see on my PDA is the current speed in knots (most GPS-tools show the speed, but with ...

  1. GPS software Pocket PC ??

    Hello sailors!

    Does anybody know a good software (freeware, shareware preferred) for a
    Pocket PC with GPS for sailing-purposes?

    All I want to see on my PDA is the current speed in knots (most GPS-tools
    show the speed, but with a speedometer-scale up to 180 mph you can´t see if
    you are going 5 or 10 knots...) and the tracking.
    A MOB-function would also be great.
    And at the end of the day I would like to some statistics, like sailed
    distance, average speed and top-speed.

    I use a Pocket-PC with Windows Mobile 5 with integrated GPS.

    Please reply to c.schumann@aon.at

    Thanks a lot and happy sailing,
    Chris

  2. Re: GPS software Pocket PC ??

    I use Memory Map Navigator on my HP iPaq 5450. I also use a NavMan GPS
    sleeve. I get about 2 hours of battery life before re-charging.
    It uses just about any raster chart and has good features. Great for
    anchoring at the end of the day, occasional position checks while under way
    but not constant use unless you have a AC adapter and outlet.
    It's a great program.

    "Chris" wrote in message
    news:43b3f2be$0$16885$91cee783@newsreader01.highwa y.telekom.at...
    > Hello sailors!
    >
    > Does anybody know a good software (freeware, shareware preferred) for a
    > Pocket PC with GPS for sailing-purposes?
    >
    > All I want to see on my PDA is the current speed in knots (most GPS-tools
    > show the speed, but with a speedometer-scale up to 180 mph you can´t see
    > if
    > you are going 5 or 10 knots...) and the tracking.
    > A MOB-function would also be great.
    > And at the end of the day I would like to some statistics, like sailed
    > distance, average speed and top-speed.
    >
    > I use a Pocket-PC with Windows Mobile 5 with integrated GPS.
    >
    > Please reply to c.schumann@aon.at
    >
    > Thanks a lot and happy sailing,
    > Chris

  3. Re: GPS software Pocket PC ??

    "Chris" wrote in message
    news:43b3f2be$0$16885$91cee783@newsreader01.highwa y.telekom.at...
    > Hello sailors!
    >
    > Does anybody know a good software (freeware, shareware preferred) for a
    > Pocket PC with GPS for sailing-purposes?
    >
    > All I want to see on my PDA is the current speed in knots (most GPS-tools
    > show the speed, but with a speedometer-scale up to 180 mph you can´t see
    > if
    > you are going 5 or 10 knots...) and the tracking.
    > A MOB-function would also be great.
    > And at the end of the day I would like to some statistics, like sailed
    > distance, average speed and top-speed.
    >
    > I use a Pocket-PC with Windows Mobile 5 with integrated GPS.
    >
    > Please reply to c.schumann@aon.at
    >
    > Thanks a lot and happy sailing,
    > Chris

  4. Re: GPS software Pocket PC ??

    Go to: stentec.com nice software easy to use!

    Chris heeft geschreven in bericht
    <43b3f2be$0$16885$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.tel ekom.at>...
    >Hello sailors!
    >
    >Does anybody know a good software (freeware, shareware preferred) for a
    >Pocket PC with GPS for sailing-purposes?
    >
    >All I want to see on my PDA is the current speed in knots (most GPS-tools
    >show the speed, but with a speedometer-scale up to 180 mph you can´t see if
    >you are going 5 or 10 knots...) and the tracking.
    >A MOB-function would also be great.
    >And at the end of the day I would like to some statistics, like sailed
    >distance, average speed and top-speed.
    >
    >I use a Pocket-PC with Windows Mobile 5 with integrated GPS.
    >
    >Please reply to c.schumann@aon.at
    >
    >Thanks a lot and happy sailing,
    >Chris

  5. Re: GPS software Pocket PC ??

    Do you try seaclear? Search on Google for this software.
    You will only need the chart (KAP files in this case)

    Gilbert Parent
    Québec
    "Chris" a écrit dans le message de news:
    43b3f2be$0$16885$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.tel ekom.at...
    > Hello sailors!
    >
    > Does anybody know a good software (freeware, shareware preferred) for a
    > Pocket PC with GPS for sailing-purposes?
    >
    > All I want to see on my PDA is the current speed in knots (most GPS-tools
    > show the speed, but with a speedometer-scale up to 180 mph you can´t see
    > if
    > you are going 5 or 10 knots...) and the tracking.
    > A MOB-function would also be great.
    > And at the end of the day I would like to some statistics, like sailed
    > distance, average speed and top-speed.
    >
    > I use a Pocket-PC with Windows Mobile 5 with integrated GPS.
    >
    > Please reply to c.schumann@aon.at
    >
    > Thanks a lot and happy sailing,
    > Chris

+ Reply to Thread