font convet to GEOS font from ttf - GEOS

This is a discussion on font convet to GEOS font from ttf - GEOS ; I have font I need convent to use on geos Who have a convent program? If I can get this convent thern I have more to get convent to use on GEOS. This is from the VTCinfo.txt This typeface is ...

  1. font convet to GEOS font from ttf

    I have font I need convent to use on geos

    Who have a convent program?

    If I can get this convent thern I have more to get convent to use on
    GEOS.

    This is from the VTCinfo.txt

    This typeface is what I like to call Distro-Ware.
    Which means you can do whatever ya want with the type-
    face with the sole exception or re-selling it.
    Use however ya wish on as many computers as ya wish
    and give it to as many people as ya wish =)
    If you would like to include this font on your website
    as a give-away feel free, as long as this documentation
    reamains with the font! A Link back to my website listed
    below would be nice also =) thanks!

    regards,
    WolfBainX
    V.T.C.
    Vigilante Typeface Corporation
    http://members.xoom.com/wolfbainx
    email- Wolfbainx@aol.com
    All comments,suggestions,flames enthusiastically welcomed!

  2. Re: font convet to GEOS font from ttf

    Bent Nielsen schrieb:

    > I have font I need convent to use on geos
    >
    > Who have a convent program?

    This is a two-step process.

    1) you'll need a font converter which can read the font oyu have and
    write it in Nimbus-Q format. In your case, FontMonger should do it fine.
    2) you'll need the Nimbus-Q Font Converter from GEOS 1.2 (doesn't run
    under 2.x and above) to convert the file into GEOS format.

    I could do this for you.

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,

  3. Re: font convet to GEOS font from ttf

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:20:05 UTC, Jens-Michael Gross
    wrote:

    > Bent Nielsen schrieb:
    > >
    > > I have font I need convent to use on geos
    > >
    > > Who have a convent program?

    > This is a two-step process.
    >
    > 1) you'll need a font converter which can read the font oyu have and
    > write it in Nimbus-Q format. In your case, FontMonger should do it fine.
    > 2) you'll need the Nimbus-Q Font Converter from GEOS 1.2 (doesn't run
    > under 2.x and above) to convert the file into GEOS format.
    >
    > I could do this for you.
    >
    > Grossibaer

    How about going the other way? I have a font in Geos that I need to
    use in the Win world.
    --
    Regards,
    Doug

    **** remove leading g for email replies. ****

  4. Re: font convet to GEOS font from ttf

    << How about going the other way? I have a font in Geos that I need to use in
    the Win world. >>

    I believe that FontMonger will probably do it for you Doug...

    Ray

  5. Re: font convet to GEOS font from ttf

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 02:27:32 UTC, gwrepray@aol.com (Ray Kopczynski)
    wrote:

    > << How about going the other way? I have a font in Geos that I need to use in
    > the Win world. >>
    >
    > I believe that FontMonger will probably do it for you Doug...

    I think I have a copy of that somewhere. Now to try and find it!
    Thanks.

    --
    Regards,
    Doug

    **** remove leading g for email replies. ****

  6. Re: font convet to GEOS font from ttf

    > Who have a convent program?

    I got a copy of the classic Atech AllType conversion program. Two copies,
    actually, the DOS version, and then the Windows 3.1 version. I used the
    latter to convert the old Windows 3.1 TT fonts and tried them on Geos 1.x,
    then 2.x, and they work just fine.

    Ravin' Ray
    your friendly neighborhood paleontologist

  7. Re: font convet to GEOS font from ttf

    I have the FontMonger program too and can try a "conversion" for someone if
    need be. BUT(!) -- Don't forget Terri Ferrier's wonderful compilation of
    *thousands* of fonts that she has available:

    http://www.cox-internet.com/terri_ferrier/geofonts.html

    Ray

  8. Re: font convet to GEOS font from ttf

    Doug Fitzpatrick schrieb:

    > How about going the other way? I have a font in Geos that I need to
    > use in the Win world.

    It's a bit more difficult.

    Just because the GEOS font format isn't exactly Nimbus-Q and there is no
    converter from GEOS to Nimbus-Q (only for Nimbus-Q to GEOS)

    Maybe Font Monger can read the font anyway (at least if it has only one
    style: the main difference between Nimbus-Q and GEOS fonts is that a
    GEOS font can hold more than one Nimbus-Q style in a single font file
    with a single font ID).

    I'll check this, please wait .........

    Bad news, Font Monger doesn't recognize the GEOS fonts.

    I'm not sure about Alltype (another font converter, but I don't have it)

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,
    we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  9. Re: font convet to GEOS font from ttf

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:19:53 UTC, gwrepray@aol.com (Ray Kopczynski)
    wrote:

    > I have the FontMonger program too and can try a "conversion" for someone if
    > need be. BUT(!) -- Don't forget Terri Ferrier's wonderful compilation of
    > *thousands* of fonts that she has available:
    >
    > http://www.cox-internet.com/terri_ferrier/geofonts.html

    That is where I got the font originally.
    --
    Regards,
    Doug

    **** remove leading g for email replies. ****

  10. Re: font convet to GEOS font from ttf

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:46:10 UTC, Jens-Michael Gross
    wrote:

    > Doug Fitzpatrick schrieb:
    >
    > > How about going the other way? I have a font in Geos that I need to
    > > use in the Win world.

    > I'm not sure about Alltype (another font converter, but I don't have it)

    It has been done using Alltype. Thanks to the list member!

    --
    Regards,
    Doug

    **** remove leading g for email replies. ****