Exporting file to 31/2 11 mins - GEOS

This is a discussion on Exporting file to 31/2 11 mins - GEOS ; >So does anybody >havce suggestions for minor improvements (and example web links) to the >GUI, the way Breadbox or it's applications and utilities work (see below >for examples), or new minor utilities, features and functions. Okay, a few more things... ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55

  1. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    >So does anybody
    >havce suggestions for minor improvements (and example web links) to the
    >GUI, the way Breadbox or it's applications and utilities work (see below
    >for examples), or new minor utilities, features and functions.

    Okay, a few more things...

    FileManager/NewManager/GeoManager.... It does not save the state it was
    in last time it was closed down. Yes, if you close GEOS down while the manager
    is open, it is saved. But not if you close app and later open it again. I
    would really the option to do that - because it would be first step in making
    it run as a two-window manager. If I want two tiled windows, it should be
    possible to save this, so it opened up in that state next time.

    But... another thing is needed before it is possible to use it as a true
    two-window commander. If you have two windows open, and double-click on a
    folder in one window, it is then opened in a _new third_ window. If I change
    settings, so the manager can have maximum 2 open windows, it then opens the
    folder in _the other_ window. And if the two windows was tiled, the 'other'
    is now no longer tiled, but is overlapping the first.

    I have also a few more suggestions to the newsreader.

    When reading messages and hitting the 'Next' button, you jump to next message,
    no matter if it is read or not. It would be cool if Next would jump to next
    _unread_ message.

    Also, after hitting 'Next' the focus (the activated button) change to the
    'Discard' button. This may be smart if I delete all messages I have read
    - but I like to save them, so I can go back and see what have been said.
    So please, let the Next button keep the focus.

    Or maybe the text should have the focus? Can both have the focus? Problem
    is, after hitting Next, I can no longer use the page-up and page-down keys
    to navigate in the message. I have to hit TAB one more time (after hitting
    Next) before I can use page-up and page-down.

    --
    Thomas L.Christensen - Horsens, Denmark

  2. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    Hi Folks,

    Well, we found a copy of FilePeeper and have put it up for free download
    at www.breadbox.com. It doesn't have a help file but I think it's
    operation is pretty intuitive. It is unchanged from when it was written
    (we have yet to locate the source code) but it works fine.

    John ;-)

    Wayne wrote:

    > Such an obviouse function (as with many here) should be included with
    > Ensemble and as a free update for existing users.
    >
    > My suggstion.
    >
    > Wayne.
    >

    > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:39:22 GMT, Holger Laux
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:51:13 +0000 (UTC), Thomas L. Christensen
    >> wrote:

    >>> files

    >>> Where can i find it?

    >> It was written by LesInk and declared shareware. I just checked and
    >> could not find it on TVAKatter. If I can find the original archive, I
    >> will upload it.
    >>

    >> Holger

  3. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:15:49 -0800, John Howard
    wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >Well, we found a copy of FilePeeper and have put it up for free download
    >at www.breadbox.com. It doesn't have a help file but I think it's
    >operation is pretty intuitive. It is unchanged from when it was written
    >(we have yet to locate the source code) but it works fine.

    Thanks, that's the spirit. :-)

    Holger

  4. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:25:43 +1000, Wayne
    wrote:

    > So does anybody
    >havce suggestions for minor improvements (and example web links) to the
    >GUI, the way Breadbox or it's applications and utilities work (see below
    >for examples), or new minor utilities, features and functions.

    Okay, one more:

    I know Backdoorman by Konstantin Meyer can do this -- but why not make
    it an Ensemble function; Open with...

    It would be cool if we could have it in a right-click popup menu. Is
    it totally impossible for Breadbox to remove this silly help when
    right-clicking, and use the it for something useful instead, like a
    popup menu?

    If not, then put the function into the menu in GeoManager and the
    folder windows. Maybe even make some hotkeys for the function (I
    suggest Shift+doubleclick or Shift+Enter).

    Of course, it should be posible to open all files in both GEOS
    programs and DOS and/or Windows programs.

    My two cents...

    Thomas

  5. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    Edward schrieb:

    > I'm using a registered Rainer's Backup app.
    > I don't see it on his website's downloadpage though, but I suppose it's
    > still available.

    It is, he simply forgot to put it there and was surprised when I told
    him.
    It is still available.

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,

  6. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    Well thats the spirit guys (and gals), I am still around but am having
    some trouble at the moment, and will be loosing internet connection for a
    while because of bounced Cr C, but keep up the good effort while I am gone.

    The world looks disimal at the moment, my freind at the local college
    tells me they are centering on teaching .net and c# at the moment over
    Java, so maybe Java is doomed (and ther benefits of Java plugin
    compatability for third party OS's).

    Thanks

    Wayne.

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:17:03 GMT, Holger Laux
    wrote:

    > On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:25:43 +1000, Wayne
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Well here I am not quiet ready to do this but timeis getting along.
    >>
    >> I talked to John a few weeks ago, and we said:

    >>> Absolutely!

    > I am using GeoFile / NewFile quite a bit, but it could do with some
    > improvements:
    >
    > - list layouts directly in the layout menu in data entry mode
    > - make creation of list layouts easier (i.e. not needing to switch
    > between single and multiple record view to align all the bits)
    > - allow automatic insertions, e.g. current date in multilayout view
    > - allow cross-record calculations (e.g. compute the overall sum of a
    > number field across the whole database)
    > - mark records by using an empty record where you can fill in several
    > search terms (rather than using the complicated formula method)
    > - there is a bug: "Delete all marked" does not do what it says
    > - a field for inserting running numbers automatically (record counter)
    > - allow CSV export with first line containing field names
    >

    > On a more general scale, what about a "most recently used files"
    > feature?
    >
    > Righ-click Copy and Paste?
    >
    > Annoying: The more you use the Web Browser, the less stable it
    > becomes. There must be some hidden files or features that make it
    > crash. Mine can just about load one page. As soon as I click on a
    > link, the screen freezes. This used to be much better. I don't know
    > what the cause is.
    >
    > More amitious: A new file manager. In Windows, I am using 2xExplorer,
    > which has a Norton Comander style feel to it. Something like this
    > (with fewer features, of course) would be nice.
    >

    > Is this enough? ;-)
    >

    > Holger

  7. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    In article <401FE56B.F83DF1C2@grossibaer.de>,
    Jens-Michael Gross wrote:
    >Edward schrieb:
    >>
    >> I'm using a registered Rainer's Backup app.
    >> I don't see it on his website's downloadpage though, but I suppose it's
    >> still available.

    >It is, he simply forgot to put it there and was surprised when I told
    >him.
    >It is still available.

    Is it up on his website now? What's the URL? (And does he ever reply
    to people who register his apps? I sent him money for GeoZip ages ago
    and never heard back from him.)
    --
    Doug Taylor | Nothing real can be threatened.
    The Ohio State University | Nothing unreal exists.

  8. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    Hi Doug,

    I also registered for GeoZip, BackUp!Now and TunePro last year and I got a
    code to unlock the shareware versions.
    He answered every mail I've send him.
    Maybe yours got lost.
    This is his URL: http://www.siemens.md.st.schule.de/~rainerb/
    This is his address: rbettsteller@siemens.md.st.schule.de

    Edward

    "Douglas A. Taylor" schreef in bericht
    > In article <401FE56B.F83DF1C2@grossibaer.de>,
    > Jens-Michael Gross wrote:
    > >Edward schrieb:
    > >>
    > >> I'm using a registered Rainer's Backup app.
    > >> I don't see it on his website's downloadpage though, but I suppose it's
    > >> still available.

    > >It is, he simply forgot to put it there and was surprised when I told
    > >him.
    > >It is still available.

    > Is it up on his website now? What's the URL? (And does he ever reply
    > to people who register his apps? I sent him money for GeoZip ages ago
    > and never heard back from him.)
    > --
    > Doug Taylor | Nothing real can be threatened.
    > The Ohio State University | Nothing unreal exists.
    > doug-taylor+@osu.edu | - A Course in Miracles

  9. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    Hi,

    Backup Now is still available, but not on my website. You have to
    request it via email.

    My URL is
    www.rbettsteller.de

    [Doug]
    > > Is it up on his website now? What's the URL? (And does he ever reply
    > > to people who register his apps? I sent him money for GeoZip ages ago
    > > and never heard back from him.)

    Is this true? Thats bad :-(
    Send me a email, we will find a solution :-)

    Rainer

  10. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    Ops, i forgot:

    > This is his address: rbettsteller@siemens.md.st.schule.de

    Do not use this adress, it is deactivated some times ago.

    Rainer

  11. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    Hi, Rainer.

    I'll send you an e-mail.

    Rainer Bettsteller wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Backup Now is still available, but not on my website. You have to
    > request it via email.
    >
    > My URL is
    > www.rbettsteller.de
    >
    > [Doug]
    > > > Is it up on his website now? What's the URL? (And does he ever reply
    > > > to people who register his apps? I sent him money for GeoZip ages

    ago
    > > > and never heard back from him.)

    > Is this true? Thats bad :-(
    > Send me a email, we will find a solution :-)
    >
    > Rainer

  12. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    Incidently, is there a one-click way in NDO Newsreader to send an e-mail
    reply to someone's newsgroup post? I mean, even rn had that, and I quit
    using rn ten years ago. (Trn is *much* better. :-)

    Douglas A. Taylor wrote:

    > Hi, Rainer.
    >
    > I'll send you an e-mail.
    >
    > Rainer Bettsteller wrote:
    > >

    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Backup Now is still available, but not on my website. You have to
    > > request it via email.
    > >
    > > My URL is
    > > www.rbettsteller.de
    > >
    > > [Doug]

    reply

    > ago

    > > Is this true? Thats bad :-(
    > > Send me a email, we will find a solution :-)
    > >
    > > Rainer

    Doug Taylor | Nothing real can be threatened.
    The Ohio State University | Nothing unreal exists.
    doug-taylor+@osu.edu | - A Course in Miracles

  13. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    Douglas A. Taylor wrote:

    > Incidently, is there a one-click way in NDO Newsreader to send an e-mail
    > reply to someone's newsgroup post? I mean, even rn had that, and I quit
    > using rn ten years ago. (Trn is *much* better. :-)

    Hi Doug,

    Nope. NewsReader is set up to just reply to the group. But it is just
    one click :-) I will add an email reply feature to the list.

    John ;-)

  14. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    John wrote:

    > Douglas A. Taylor wrote:
    > >

    > > Incidently, is there a one-click way in NDO Newsreader to send an e-mail
    > > reply to someone's newsgroup post? I mean, even rn had that, and I

    quit
    > > using rn ten years ago. (Trn is *much* better. :-)
    > >

    > Hi Doug,
    >
    > Nope. NewsReader is set up to just reply to the group. But it is just
    > one click :-) I will add an email reply feature to the list.

    Thanks, John. Could you also add something to automatically decode binary
    attachments, like those sent to binary groups?

  15. Re: Public session: Suggestions for minor improvements to Breadbox?

    Rainer Bettsteller schrieb:

    > Ops, i forgot:
    >
    > > This is his address: rbettsteller@siemens.md.st.schule.de

    > Do not use this adress, it is deactivated some times ago.

    And the website now is www.rbettsteller.de. His new Email is also
    available there - in a form that no spambot can collect it (and I
    respect this and do not paste it here)

    Grossibaer