Swapping - GEOS

This is a discussion on Swapping - GEOS ; Hi all, Update on swapping between Geos/NDO/BBE and WIN98se. Never had any succes in doing this higher than 640x480 on my desktop pc (upgraded 3 years ago) Now I tried it by accident(?) on a second hand Dell notebook. Both ...

  1. Swapping

    Hi all,

    Update on swapping between Geos/NDO/BBE and WIN98se.

    Never had any succes in doing this higher than 640x480 on my desktop pc
    (upgraded 3 years ago)
    Now I tried it by accident(?) on a second hand Dell notebook.
    Both resolutions in Geos and Win were 1024x768, and it worked!

    Yiiihaaaa,
    That's all!

    Edward, the happy baker

  2. Re: Swapping

    Edward schrieb:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Update on swapping between Geos/NDO/BBE and WIN98se.
    >
    > Never had any succes in doing this higher than 640x480 on my desktop pc
    > (upgraded 3 years ago)
    > Now I tried it by accident(?) on a second hand Dell notebook.
    > Both resolutions in Geos and Win were 1024x768, and it worked!
    >
    > Yiiihaaaa,
    > That's all!

    On a 1200GHz Duron system with Win98SE and a Hercules KyroII graphics
    card, I had no problems at all with NDO32A and 1024x768. It highly
    depends on the VESA support in teh windows driver. Hercules made
    excellent VESA support, ATI did so at least for Win9x but not for NT.

    Grossibaer
    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,

+ Reply to Thread