USB printer - GEOS

This is a discussion on USB printer - GEOS ; Wayne schrieb: > What are we to do when product move more towards devices based on WI-FI, > firewire, PCI Express Serial Desktop bus standards? We're closing the circle from individual devices for every job (cd player, video recorder, radio) ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: USB printer

    Wayne schrieb:

    > What are we to do when product move more towards devices based on WI-FI,
    > firewire, PCI Express Serial Desktop bus standards?

    We're closing the circle from individual devices for every job (cd
    player, video recorder, radio) yesterday over all-in-one multimedia PCs
    back to one individual multimedia PC for every job. Each one with its
    own OS and special hardware that fits best for its putpose but is
    incompatible in bus system and OS and software with the others.
    Except that now the result is more costly and way more power consuming
    and much larger than the old stuff we once had before the PC.

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,

  2. Re: USB printer

    "Wayne" wrote in message
    newsprywayogagcp3q2@news.optusnet.com.au...

    > What are we to do when product move more towards devices based on WI-FI,
    > firewire, PCI Express Serial Desktop bus standards?
    >
    > Wayne.

    Simple. Use an OS that supports the hardware! Easy!

  3. Re: USB printer

    those products are all hardware advancements designed to help windows
    run as quickly on modern equipment as geos does on old obsolete equipment.

    Wayne wrote:
    > On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:18:39 +0100, Jens-Michael Gross
    > wrote:
    >

    >> There are some USB driverts for DOS for mass storage devices (even a
    >> firewire and USB boot disk), but these drivers are larger than the whole
    >> BIOS.

    > Ohh yummy, yum, yum.
    >
    > What are we to do when product move more towards devices based on WI-FI,
    > firewire, PCI Express Serial Desktop bus standards?
    >
    > Wayne.

  4. Re: USB printer

    Simple, fit a v-18 engine in the Mini cooper car, instead of the Windows
    v-12, a Mack truck engine maybe instead. The problems that Windows has
    because of it's size makes it a shoody situation, better stil design a new
    Cooper and soemthing to to fit in it. The hardware that Geos needs will
    soon disappear, is the problem.

    Thanks

    Wayne.

    On Wed 19 Nov 2003 21:33:29 GMT, Bob wrote:

    > "Wayne" wrote in message
    > newsprywayogagcp3q2@news.optusnet.com.au...
    >>
    >> What are we to do when product move more towards devices based on WI-FI,
    >> firewire, PCI Express Serial Desktop bus standards?
    >>
    >> Wayne.

    > Simple. Use an OS that supports the hardware! Easy!

    --
    No Spam Please.

  5. Re: USB printer

    On 2003-11-19 22:33, Bob wrote:

    >"Wayne" wrote in message
    >newsprywayogagcp3q2@news.optusnet.com.au...
    >

    >>What are we to do when product move more towards devices based on WI-FI,
    >>firewire, PCI Express Serial Desktop bus standards?
    >>
    >>Wayne.
    >>

    >Simple. Use an OS that supports the hardware! Easy!

    I would also add use a printer that truly supports USB, not only the
    port design and the physical connector. Today I ran across a brand new
    HP deskjet printer and installation software, which could not detect the
    USB-port in the computer, while other devices could without any
    problems. After some investigations I came to the conclusions that the
    software detection had an "Intel USB" icon and the motherboard was a
    VIA-chipset motherboard with USB 2.0. Contacted HP support and after
    some argue they admitted the problem. They hinted me to simultaneously
    press down ctrl+shift and click on the cancel button, and then the
    software just quit the detection phase and installed happily and the
    printer worked. I was unaware of that there is proprietary USB, but this
    indicates that there is.

    USB or no USB, does partly have something to do with the OS, but this
    (one and only incident?) indicates something else..............

    Hans

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2