eBay item 2761626992 (Ends Oct-27-03 14:25:59 PST) - IBM PS/1 Model2011-C34 Personal Computer - GEOS

This is a discussion on eBay item 2761626992 (Ends Oct-27-03 14:25:59 PST) - IBM PS/1 Model2011-C34 Personal Computer - GEOS ; A simple ol' 286 with Ensemble 2.0, write-up by the seller along the lines of GlobalPC. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1 -- Ravin' Ray your friendly neighborhood paleontologist http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"...

  1. eBay item 2761626992 (Ends Oct-27-03 14:25:59 PST) - IBM PS/1 Model2011-C34 Personal Computer

    --
    Ravin' Ray
    your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
    http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray
    "I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"

  2. Re: eBay item 2761626992 (Ends Oct-27-03 14:25:59 PST) - IBM PS/1Model2011-C34 Personal Computer

    Raymond Ancog schrieb:

    > A simple ol' 286 with Ensemble 2.0, write-up by the seller along the
    > lines of GlobalPC.

    Interesting that even in 286 times computers were considered too
    complicated for people and a model was made to make life easier for
    them.
    Nothing has changed in over 15 years of 'wow, progress!'

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,

  3. Re: eBay item 2761626992 (Ends Oct-27-03 14:25:59 PST) - IBM PS/1Model2011-C34 Personal Computer

    only geos, using either the original motif interface (the BEST, imho,
    for consumer pcs) or the implementation on the global pc ( a great
    improvment on the standard windows interface), can make pcs easier to use.

    "driveless computers" with multiple usb2 and firewire ports, designed
    to use external high speed usb2 or firewire hard drives as the main
    drive, have the potential to eventually break the microsoft monopoly of
    the difficult + expensive to change "bolted inside the computer hard drive".

    geos integrated with an os (as on the global pc -- talk about a better
    than windows out of box experience!), preinstalled by oems on bootable
    usb2/firewire mini external hard drives, makes it easy for enduseres to
    change OSs.. just plug in and boot from a different hard drive!

    hey, what better way to share a pc among family memebers.. everyone
    gets their own geos based bootable external hard drive, and no one gets
    that awful complexity of multiuser winxp and its bewildering directory
    structure . familes would love to have multiple, easily removed and
    stored external hard drives so the parents can keep their porn while
    the kids get their neopets, and neither sees what's on the others' drives..

    external geos based hard drives could easily be plugged into the usb2 or
    firewire ports in modern windows pcs, making sharing of data files easy.

    hard drive manufacturers would appreciate the driveless pc as it would
    encourage the sale of multiple external hard drives per family, rather
    than having families share just the one hard drive.

    Jens-Michael Gross wrote:
    > Raymond Ancog schrieb:
    >
    >>A simple ol' 286 with Ensemble 2.0, write-up by the seller along the
    >>lines of GlobalPC.

    > Interesting that even in 286 times computers were considered too
    > complicated for people and a model was made to make life easier for
    > them.
    > Nothing has changed in over 15 years of 'wow, progress!'
    >
    > Grossibaer

+ Reply to Thread