ADSL - GEOS

This is a discussion on ADSL - GEOS ; Hi Hans, I finally can see you again in COGM! I have a question , as usual. I have a ADSL router BILLION Bipac 711CE (specs are below). Can you explain to me step by step what I have to ...

  1. ADSL

    Hi Hans,
    I finally can see you again in COGM!

    I have a question , as usual.
    I have a ADSL router BILLION Bipac 711CE (specs are below).
    Can you explain to me step by step what I have to do to connect Geos to the
    internet via this modem /router?
    I have my homepc and my old P1 and this router connected to a hub. That's
    all I know. :-(
    Here's a link to the modems website :
    http://www.billion.com/communication/communication.html
    In SEARCH fill in : BIPAC-711CE for more info.

    Greetings from Belgium,

    Edward Nijs

    Specs.
    Compliant with ADSL full-rate T1.413 Issue 2, ITU-T G.992.1 (G.dmt), G.992.2
    (G.lite) and G.994.1 (G.hs)
    Downstream data rate up to 8 Mbps, upstream up to 1 Mbps
    Interoperability with major CO DSLAM equipment vendors
    Supports AAL5 and ATM service class: UBR and CBR
    Supports OAM F4/F5 loopback
    Up to 8 ATM VCs
    Compliant with USB specification Rev.1.1 and Hot Plug-and-Play under Windows
    98/98SE/2000/ME/XP
    Supports MS NDIS 4.0 WAN miniport, NDIS 4.0 LAN miniport, and NDIS 5.0 ATM
    miniport for RAS and Dial-Up Networking
    Easy GUI program setup, web configuration and software upgrade under Windows
    95/98/98SE/NT/2000/ME/XP, Mac OS, Unix and Linux
    10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN port
    DHCP server for automatic and dynamic IP assignments to local stations
    Supports multiple Application Level Gateway (ALG) algorithms for multimedia
    applications, such as IRC, FTP, ICMP, RTSP, IKE, SMTP, Web Browser, E-Mail,
    Telnet, CuSeeMe and NNTP
    Virtual Server and DMZ Host
    Supports static and RIP-1/2 routing
    Payload encapsulation:
    RFC2684 (formerly RFC1483), Multi-Protocol over ATM (MPoA)
    RFC2225 (formerly RFC1577), IPoA
    RFC2364, PPP over ATM (PPPoA)
    RFC2516, PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)

  2. Re: ADSL

    OOPS!

    This was meant to be send directly to Hans. Sorry!
    You may read it anyway. :-)

    Edward Nijs

    "Edward" schreef in bericht
    > Hi Hans,
    > I finally can see you again in COGM!
    >
    > I have a question , as usual.
    > I have a ADSL router BILLION Bipac 711CE (specs are below).
    > Can you explain to me step by step what I have to do to connect Geos to

    the
    > internet via this modem /router?
    > I have my homepc and my old P1 and this router connected to a hub. That's
    > all I know. :-(
    > Here's a link to the modems website :
    > http://www.billion.com/communication/communication.html
    > In SEARCH fill in : BIPAC-711CE for more info.
    >
    > Greetings from Belgium,
    >
    > Edward Nijs
    >
    > Specs.
    > Compliant with ADSL full-rate T1.413 Issue 2, ITU-T G.992.1 (G.dmt),

    G.992.2
    > (G.lite) and G.994.1 (G.hs)
    > Downstream data rate up to 8 Mbps, upstream up to 1 Mbps
    > Interoperability with major CO DSLAM equipment vendors
    > Supports AAL5 and ATM service class: UBR and CBR
    > Supports OAM F4/F5 loopback
    > Up to 8 ATM VCs
    > Compliant with USB specification Rev.1.1 and Hot Plug-and-Play under

    Windows
    > 98/98SE/2000/ME/XP
    > Supports MS NDIS 4.0 WAN miniport, NDIS 4.0 LAN miniport, and NDIS 5.0 ATM
    > miniport for RAS and Dial-Up Networking
    > Easy GUI program setup, web configuration and software upgrade under

    Windows
    > 95/98/98SE/NT/2000/ME/XP, Mac OS, Unix and Linux
    > 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN port
    > DHCP server for automatic and dynamic IP assignments to local stations
    > Supports multiple Application Level Gateway (ALG) algorithms for

    multimedia
    > applications, such as IRC, FTP, ICMP, RTSP, IKE, SMTP, Web Browser,

    E-Mail,
    > Telnet, CuSeeMe and NNTP
    > Virtual Server and DMZ Host
    > Supports static and RIP-1/2 routing
    > Payload encapsulation:
    > RFC2684 (formerly RFC1483), Multi-Protocol over ATM (MPoA)
    > RFC2225 (formerly RFC1577), IPoA
    > RFC2364, PPP over ATM (PPPoA)
    > RFC2516, PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)

  3. Re: ADSL

    Hi

    I am also very interested in a "step by step help" for going online
    with PC/GEOS over T-DSL in to the internet. ;-)

    Gruss Johannes

  4. Re: ADSL

    There was a time when New Deal Inc., had the requested information you
    presently seek. Check www.TvaKatter.com Gene may have them there.

    "Johannes Moeller" wrote in message
    news:f1aa1053.0310201156.3b9eed3f@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi
    >
    > I am also very interested in a "step by step help" for going online
    > with PC/GEOS over T-DSL in to the internet. ;-)
    >
    > Gruss Johannes

  5. Re: ADSL

    Johannes Moeller schrieb:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am also very interested in a "step by step help" for going online
    > with PC/GEOS over T-DSL in to the internet. ;-)

    Well, not a step-by-step solution, but a quick outline:

    1) Install a DOS network software with TCP/IP support and an ODI driver
    for your network card.
    2) select (or install, depending on your GEOS version) the ETHERODI
    driver in GEOS.
    3) enter the IP of the router as gateway address, set local IP and
    network mask. Either get the IP using DHCP form the router or give a
    fixed IP to the computer, using the same IP range the router is in: e.g.
    the router is xxx.xxx.xxx.001, then the network mask is 255.255.255.0
    and the computer IP (in DOS software and GEOS) should be xxx.xxx.xxx.yyy
    where yyy is 2...250
    4) even if you don't need to dial a number in GEOS, I heard that you'll
    need to enter one (before you select the ETHERODI driver which will
    disable the number field) or the dialup app won't try to connect.

    I never tried it myself, because when I tried to install the Microsoft
    DOS client, it messed up my win3.11 network installation, so I stopped
    my experiements, after I was able to reactivat emy network access under
    3.11 (almost going crazy with totally non-fitting error messages and
    needing several hours of internet research to find the cause).

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,

+ Reply to Thread