geoworks 1.0 error - GEOS

This is a discussion on geoworks 1.0 error - GEOS ; Hi All, i recently installed win95 in order to run geoworks 1.0 and 2.0, but i cannot get version 1.0 to run. i get an error stating cannot start geoworks from a write protected disk. anyone ever have this problem ...

  1. geoworks 1.0 error

    Hi All,
    i recently installed win95 in order to run geoworks 1.0 and 2.0, but
    i cannot get version 1.0 to run. i get an error stating cannot start
    geoworks from a write protected disk. anyone ever have this problem
    and how did you fix it.

    thanks
    Brad

  2. Re: geoworks 1.0 error

    Hi Brad,

    Make sure that all the Files in your Geoworks (or Ensemble or whatever
    the top folder's name is) have the read only attribute turned off. The
    easy way to do that is to open a DOS prompt in Win95 then cd to your
    Geoworks directory and type "attrib -r /s".

    John ;-)

    Brad wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > i recently installed win95 in order to run geoworks 1.0 and 2.0, but
    > i cannot get version 1.0 to run. i get an error stating cannot start
    > geoworks from a write protected disk. anyone ever have this problem
    > and how did you fix it.
    >

    > thanks
    > Brad

  3. Re: geoworks 1.0 error

    > Brad wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,
    > > i recently installed win95 in order to run geoworks 1.0 and 2.0, but
    > > i cannot get version 1.0 to run. i get an error stating cannot start
    > > geoworks from a write protected disk. anyone ever have this problem
    > > and how did you fix it.

    I can not run GeoWorks 1.0 under WIN95 or MD DOS 6
    But GeoWorks 1.2 or pro runs perfectly und all dos.

    Gruss Johannes

+ Reply to Thread