Re: Everyone Silent ... Here's a few questions re Ensemble 2.01 - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: Everyone Silent ... Here's a few questions re Ensemble 2.01 - GEOS ; Having recently had to reinstall GEOS I also managed to lose a couple of tweak files that I have had for years. I'm sure one of you guys has the answers: 1) How do I eliminate the Ensemble 2.0 splash ...

  1. Re: Everyone Silent ... Here's a few questions re Ensemble 2.01

    Having recently had to reinstall GEOS I also managed to lose a couple
    of tweak files that I have had for years. I'm sure one of you guys has
    the answers:

    1) How do I eliminate the Ensemble 2.0 splash screen from appearing
    when I start?

    2) How do I eliminate the "Are you sure you want to exit Ensemble"
    question when closing GEOS?

    3) How do I get Ensemble to retain the User Level instead of having to
    set it each time I open or create a document?

    TIA

    Ray

  2. Re: Everyone Silent ... Here's a few questions re Ensemble 2.01

    Raygr schrieb:

    > Having recently had to reinstall GEOS I also managed to lose a couple
    > of tweak files that I have had for years. I'm sure one of you guys has
    > the answers:
    >
    > 1) How do I eliminate the Ensemble 2.0 splash screen from appearing
    > when I start?

    start it with ' loader.exe /LOG '
    A lowercase '/log' will disable the splash screen and write driver log
    messages, while writing it uppercase will disable the splash screen too,
    but without activatign the logging.
    This is is a bug, but a useful one, so let's call it a feature

    > 2) How do I eliminate the "Are you sure you want to exit Ensemble"
    > question when closing GEOS?

    I'm not sure there is one. My Virtual Desktop offers this with a
    double-click on the close button (or a single click, if the
    single-click-close global window setting is active).

    > 3) How do I get Ensemble to retain the User Level instead of having to
    > set it each time I open or create a document?

    I _think_ you'll need to save the options in this application after
    changing the user level. If 'save options' is not available, then change
    one of the application options, save the options, change it back and
    save again.

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,

  3. Re: Everyone Silent ... Here's a few questions re Ensemble 2.01

    Hi Ray,

    To avoid nr 2 I think in Ini you have to add under UI : confirmShutDown =
    false

    Edward

    "Raygr" schreef in bericht

    > Having recently had to reinstall GEOS I also managed to lose a couple
    > of tweak files that I have had for years. I'm sure one of you guys has
    > the answers:
    >
    > 1) How do I eliminate the Ensemble 2.0 splash screen from appearing
    > when I start?
    >
    > 2) How do I eliminate the "Are you sure you want to exit Ensemble"
    > question when closing GEOS?
    >
    > 3) How do I get Ensemble to retain the User Level instead of having to
    > set it each time I open or create a document?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ray

  4. Re: Everyone Silent ... Here's a few questions re Ensemble 2.01

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:18:13 +0200, "Edward"
    wrote:

    >Hi Ray,
    >
    >To avoid nr 2 I think in Ini you have to add under UI : confirmShutDown =
    >false
    >
    >Edward
    >
    >"Raygr" schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> Having recently had to reinstall GEOS I also managed to lose a couple
    >> of tweak files that I have had for years. I'm sure one of you guys has
    >> the answers:
    >>
    >> snip <<
    >> 2) How do I eliminate the "Are you sure you want to exit Ensemble"
    >> question when closing GEOS?
    >> snip <<

    Thanks Edward ... that did the trick.

    Ray

  5. Re: Everyone Silent ... Here's a few questions re Ensemble 2.01

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 18:17:36 +0200, Jens-Michael Gross
    wrote:

    Hi Michael,

    Been such a long time I've forgotten what name I used to address you
    before

    Re your answer to 1) I think this may apply to the new version of
    Ensemble ... I am using the last 2.01 ver released by Geoworks.
    I am sure the solution was by simply adding a line to or changing
    something in the .ini file.

    Re 2) ... Edward was spot on with his answer

    Re 3) ... Your answer gave me the clue. To apply the changes
    universally I needed to click "Save Configuration". I did, now all the
    docs open with Level 4 settings.

    Many thanks.

    Ray

  6. Re: Everyone Silent ... Here's a few questions re Ensemble 2.01

    Raygr schrieb:

    > Re your answer to 1) I think this may apply to the new version of
    > Ensemble ... I am using the last 2.01 ver released by Geoworks.
    > I am sure the solution was by simply adding a line to or changing
    > something in the .ini file.

    Well, I looked into my INI tips booklet (unfortunately I didn't see the
    answer to question 2 there, but I checked again and indeed it is there
    and Edward is completely right!) and there was no setting. But the /LOG
    trick IS working in 2.0x. Even when you call the batch file in 2.0x and
    not the loader.exe directly. I checked it right now with my (German)
    2.01.
    If you use '/log' (lowercase), you'll find a log file in
    privdata\geos.log.

    > Re 2) ... Edward was spot on with his answer

    And he's right. I wonder why I didn't see it when looking through my
    booklet.

    > Re 3) ... Your answer gave me the clue. To apply the changes
    > universally I needed to click "Save Configuration". I did, now all the
    > docs open with Level 4 settings.

    There is a global setting that takes effect if there is no individual
    setting for the application(s).

    In newer versions of the GEOS applications, there are some which do not
    detect an option change when just changing the user level, so the 'save
    options' is still grayed out. This is why I suggested to change one of
    the other options to enable it.

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,
    we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

+ Reply to Thread