Available I/O addresses - GEOS

This is a discussion on Available I/O addresses - GEOS ; I need to know what I/O addresses 3.2a and 4.20 can access. I have reinstalled both programs and run TurboComm ViP to set up a virtual COM port and IRQ. But the I/O addresses I have tried do not work, ...

  1. Available I/O addresses

    I need to know what I/O addresses 3.2a and 4.20 can access. I have reinstalled
    both programs and run TurboComm ViP to set up a virtual COM port and IRQ. But
    the I/O addresses I have tried do not work, and I get a message in NewDeal
    which says it cannot recognize the IRQ.

    TurboCom ViP tells me to be sure to select I/O addresses which my DOS program
    can access.

    I need this info in order to get my Creative Modem Blaster Flash56 modem
    working again so I can use the FAX program in 3.2a.

    If anyone can help me I will really appreciate it.

    Dick

  2. Re: Available I/O addresses

    How do you have the modem configured? Is it a "software" modem, or a "real"
    modem? Can u disable a COM port in CMOS and use its' I/O, IRQ?

    PORT I/O IRQ
    COM1 03F8 4
    COM2 02F8 3
    COM3 03E8 4
    COM4 02F8 3

    I could NEVER get "TurboComm ViP" to work, and have questioned as to if it
    actually does.

    "RCantrell" wrote in message
    > I need to know what I/O addresses 3.2a and 4.20 can access. I have

    reinstalled
    > both programs and run TurboComm ViP to set up a virtual COM port and IRQ.

    But
    > the I/O addresses I have tried do not work, and I get a message in NewDeal
    > which says it cannot recognize the IRQ.
    >
    > TurboCom ViP tells me to be sure to select I/O addresses which my DOS

    program
    > can access.
    >
    > I need this info in order to get my Creative Modem Blaster Flash56 modem
    > working again so I can use the FAX program in 3.2a.
    >
    > If anyone can help me I will really appreciate it.
    >
    > Dick

  3. Re: Available I/O addresses

    In article <8R%eb.391849$2x.131062@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net>, "Bob"
    writes:

    >How do you have the modem configured? Is it a "software" modem, or a "real"
    >modem? Can u disable a COM port in CMOS and use its' I/O, IRQ?
    >
    >PORT I/O IRQ
    >COM1 03F8 4
    >COM2 02F8 3
    >COM3 03E8 4
    >COM4 02F8 3
    >
    >I could NEVER get "TurboComm ViP" to work, and have questioned as to if it
    >actually does.

    It is a real modem.

    I will try this possibilities first.

    Thankls, Bob.