Everyone silent? - GEOS

This is a discussion on Everyone silent? - GEOS ; I didn't see any new posting since Thursday. What happened? Or did my newsfeed die? Grossibaer -- If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000 second faster, we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. Everyone silent?

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,
    we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  2. Re: Everyone silent?

    Hi Jens,
    Don't know what the others are doin'.
    I was helping my daughter settle in her room at the university.
    Restored an old bike for her to race between different classes and
    different buildings in the city of Leuven.

    Edward Nijs

    "Jens-Michael Gross" schreef in bericht
    > I didn't see any new posting since Thursday.
    >
    > What happened? Or did my newsfeed die?
    >
    > Grossibaer
    >
    > --
    > If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    > second faster,
    > we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  3. Re: Everyone silent?

    Edward schrieb:

    > Hi Jens,
    > Don't know what the others are doin'. [...]

    Well, no matter what you did, at least I can read you post. I feared
    that something happened similar to what happened with Hans, blocking me
    from the traffic.
    I cannot remember another period of 4 days where not even BOB did write
    something

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,
    we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  4. Re: Everyone silent?

    Maybe America get it's electricity from Italy or Switzerland! :-)

    Edward

    > Edward schrieb:
    > >
    > > Hi Jens,
    > > Don't know what the others are doin'. [...]

    > Well, no matter what you did, at least I can read you post. I feared
    > that something happened similar to what happened with Hans, blocking me
    > from the traffic.
    > I cannot remember another period of 4 days where not even BOB did write
    > something
    >
    > Grossibaer
    >

    > --
    > If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    > second faster,
    > we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  5. Re: Everyone silent?

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:40:47 +0200, Jens-Michael Gross
    wrote:

    >I cannot remember another period of 4 days where not even BOB did write
    >something

    Well, as they say: "No news is ... just no news."

    Holger

  6. Re: Everyone silent?

    Well, the feed of electricity is at least digital, there........... ;-)

    BR,
    Hans

    Edward wrote:
    > Maybe America get it's electricity from Italy or Switzerland! :-)
    >
    > Edward
    >
    > "Jens-Michael Gross" schreef in bericht
    > > Edward schrieb:
    > > >
    > > > Hi Jens,
    > > > Don't know what the others are doin'. [...]

    > > Well, no matter what you did, at least I can read you post. I feared
    > > that something happened similar to what happened with Hans, blocking

    me
    > > from the traffic.
    > > I cannot remember another period of 4 days where not even BOB did write
    > > something
    > >
    > > Grossibaer
    > >

    > > --
    > > If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    > > second faster,
    > > we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  7. Re: Everyone silent?

    Nope, no news is good news......

    BR,
    Hans

    Holger Laux wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:40:47 +0200, Jens-Michael Gross
    > wrote:
    >

    > >I cannot remember another period of 4 days where not even BOB did write
    > >something

    > Well, as they say: "No news is ... just no news."
    >

    > Holger

  8. Re: Everyone silent?

    No you have only encountered the sound of silence......or the reunion of
    Simon & Garfunkel....... ;-)

    BR,
    Hans

    Jens-Michael Gross wrote:

    > I didn't see any new posting since Thursday.
    >
    > What happened? Or did my newsfeed die?
    >
    > Grossibaer
    >
    > --
    > If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    > second faster,
    > we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  9. Re: Everyone silent?

    oh i'll be back...

    been a little busy lately doing computer some work but have a ton of
    great geos related ideas that will bury microsoft and linux.

    i check in every other day or so and yes its been quiet.

    Jens-Michael Gross wrote:
    > I didn't see any new posting since Thursday.
    >
    > What happened? Or did my newsfeed die?
    >
    > Grossibaer

  10. Everyone silent?

    * Reply auf eine Mail in COMP.OS.GEOS.MISC (GEOS O/S by Geoworks in general.)

    29 Sep 03 18:32:41, Jens-Michael Gross schrieb an All:

    Hallo Jens-Michael,

    JG> I didn't see any new posting since Thursday.

    JG> What happened? Or did my newsfeed die?

    No, I can read you.

    cu, Fred

  11. Re: Everyone silent?

    ***Hi Jens,
    Don't know what the others are doin'.
    I was helping my daughter settle in her room at the university.
    Restored an old bike for her to race between different classes and
    different buildings in the city of Leuven.

    Edward Nijs

    "Jens-Michael Gross" schreef in bericht
    > I didn't see any new posting since Thursday.
    >
    > What happened? Or did my newsfeed die?
    >
    > Grossibaer
    >
    > --
    > If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    > second faster,
    > we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

    ***

    Still working hard putting in an expanded back yard and pond...tree cutting,
    soil moving, gravel hauling, sod lugging, watering, plants to put in,
    etc...trying to beat the cold...3 months every spare minute. Doesn't leave much
    time after work for anything else.

    Chip Blank
    GUI
    GeoGrafix

    The GEOS Users International website is at:
    http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

  12. Re: Everyone silent?

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:41:24 GMT, Hans Lindgren
    wrote:

    >> Well, as they say: "No news is ... just no news."

    >Nope, no news is good news......

    Oh? Do you know something I don't know? :-)

    Holger

  13. Re: Everyone silent?

    Hi Holger,

    Nope,

    It is just an old english saying, no news is good news......

    BR,
    Hans

    Holger Laux wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:41:24 GMT, Hans Lindgren
    > wrote:
    >
    > >> Well, as they say: "No news is ... just no news."

    > >Nope, no news is good news......

    > Oh? Do you know something I don't know? :-)
    >

    > Holger

  14. Re: Everyone silent?

    And I'm still plugging away at this durned garage addition! It's taking
    forever! The floors haven't even been poured yet The roo is little
    more than 1/2 on Doors and windows aren't even delivered yet becase
    there's no place to put them in the meantime

    C BLANK II wrote:
    > ***Hi Jens,
    > Don't know what the others are doin'.
    > I was helping my daughter settle in her room at the university.
    > Restored an old bike for her to race between different classes and
    > different buildings in the city of Leuven.
    >
    > Edward Nijs
    >
    > "Jens-Michael Gross" schreef in bericht
    >
    >>I didn't see any new posting since Thursday.
    >>
    >>What happened? Or did my newsfeed die?
    >>
    >>Grossibaer
    >>
    >>--
    >>If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    >>second faster,
    >>we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

    > ***
    >
    > Still working hard putting in an expanded back yard and pond...tree cutting,
    > soil moving, gravel hauling, sod lugging, watering, plants to put in,
    > etc...trying to beat the cold...3 months every spare minute. Doesn't leave much
    > time after work for anything else.
    >

    > Chip Blank
    > GUI
    > GeoGrafix
    >
    > The GEOS Users International website is at:
    > http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

  15. Re: Everyone silent?

    On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:38:56 GMT, Hans Lindgren
    wrote:

    >It is just an old english saying, no news is good news......

    Tell me, I am living in the UK. :-)

    Holger

  16. Re: Everyone silent?

    Tell Me was an early hit song with The Rolling Stones....;-)

    BR,
    Hans

    Holger Laux wrote:
    > On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:38:56 GMT, Hans Lindgren
    > wrote:
    >
    > >It is just an old english saying, no news is good news......

    > Tell me, I am living in the UK. :-)
    >

    > Holger

  17. Re: Everyone silent?

    Holger Laux schrieb:

    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:41:24 GMT, Hans Lindgren
    > wrote:
    >
    > >> Well, as they say: "No news is ... just no news."

    > >Nope, no news is good news......

    > Oh? Do you know something I don't know? :-)
    >
    > Holger

    Argh!

    I can still not receive Hans' postings

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,
    we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  18. Re: Everyone silent?

    Edward schrieb:

    > Maybe America get it's electricity from Italy or Switzerland! :-)

    Well, Italy gets most of its electricity from France - through a single
    cable.
    Some days ago, a tree fell over this cable (or something simila, the
    news were unsure about the exact reason) and most of Italy was without
    electricity.

    But, well, where the US engineers are sure that such a thing cannot hit
    them because they are the USA and fate may not dare to do such a thing
    to them, Italy is just a big country of good designers, but awful
    engineers. Results are the same.

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,
    we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  19. Re: Everyone silent?

    Mark T schrieb:

    > And I'm still plugging away at this durned garage addition! It's taking
    > forever! The floors haven't even been poured yet The roo is little
    > more than 1/2 on Doors and windows aren't even delivered yet becase
    > there's no place to put them in the meantime

    Poor boy

    Well, it took 2 years to finish the last room of my new appartment.
    I didn't need it anyway (just for visitors).
    And much of my old equipment is still filling my old room in my parents
    house.

    But at least I have all windows in place

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,
    we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  20. Re: Everyone silent?

    AFAIK, the reason was more subtil :
    - Italy gets a big share of its electricity from France, but not from a
    single cable. Electricity national networks are interconnected and
    Switzerland is one major interconnection point.
    - one of the main swiss cable (400 kV, IIRC) stopped. The trafic has
    been transferred to other main cables, some of which are across the
    border between France and Italy.
    - due to lightning strike, one of the above main cable stopped for a few
    seconds (security procedure).
    - a few seconds were enough to activate security fuses in Italy, which
    put in the dark some parts of it.
    - it then took a few hours to restart the network (procedures are a bit
    complicated here, where security is not a joke).

    Philippe.

    Jens-Michael Gross wrote:
    > Edward schrieb:
    >
    >>Maybe America get it's electricity from Italy or Switzerland! :-)

    > Well, Italy gets most of its electricity from France - through a single
    > cable.
    > Some days ago, a tree fell over this cable (or something simila, the
    > news were unsure about the exact reason) and most of Italy was without
    > electricity.
    >
    > But, well, where the US engineers are sure that such a thing cannot hit
    > them because they are the USA and fate may not dare to do such a thing
    > to them, Italy is just a big country of good designers, but awful
    > engineers. Results are the same.
    >
    > Grossibaer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast