ATTN: JOHN HOWARD - GEOS

This is a discussion on ATTN: JOHN HOWARD - GEOS ; Many thanks for the advice John. Worked great. I tried to send you an em but says your box is full. Cheers...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

  1. ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    Many thanks for the advice John. Worked great.
    I tried to send you an em but says your box is full.
    Cheers


  2. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    Yep, Microsoft support is busy helping their Windows users by filling customers
    mailboxes...........hahaha......Nah....it is probably that dreaded virusattacs
    masqueraded to MS support mails filling mailboxes up........

    ;-)

    BR,
    Hans

    RPF wrote:
    >
    > Many thanks for the advice John. Worked great.
    > I tried to send you an em but says your box is full.
    > Cheers
    >
    >


  3. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    You are absolutely correct Hans! I have taken care of the full mailbox
    problem, but I'm still getting several hundred fake MS support emails a day.

    John ;-)

    Hans Lindgren wrote:

    > Yep, Microsoft support is busy helping their Windows users by filling customers
    > mailboxes...........hahaha......Nah....it is probably that dreaded virusattacs
    > masqueraded to MS support mails filling mailboxes up........
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > BR,
    > Hans
    >
    > RPF wrote:
    >
    >>Many thanks for the advice John. Worked great.
    >>I tried to send you an em but says your box is full.
    >>Cheers
    >>
    >>



  4. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    John Howard wrote:

    > You are absolutely correct Hans! I have taken care of the full mailbox
    > problem, but I'm still getting several hundred fake MS support email's a
    > day.
    >
    > John ;-)


    You're not alone John.... although my ISPs' filters limit it to about 25 a
    day.

    Kenj


  5. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    Sadly my ISP (Charter Cable) offers no filters at the server end. It
    all gets dumped on my PC where I let Netscape EMail filter it to a junk
    folder. I'm still waiting for DSL so I can dump the cable modem.

    John ;-)

    Kenj wrote:

    > John Howard wrote:
    >
    >
    >>You are absolutely correct Hans! I have taken care of the full mailbox
    >>problem, but I'm still getting several hundred fake MS support email's a
    >>day.
    >>
    >>John ;-)

    >
    >
    > You're not alone John.... although my ISPs' filters limit it to about 25 a
    > day.
    >
    > Kenj
    >



  6. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    Well, at least Netscape (and Mozilla) offers something good that many does
    not .............

    BR,
    Hans

    John Howard wrote:
    > Sadly my ISP (Charter Cable) offers no filters at the server end. It
    > all gets dumped on my PC where I let Netscape EMail filter it to a junk
    > folder. I'm still waiting for DSL so I can dump the cable modem.
    >
    > John ;-)
    >
    > Kenj wrote:
    >
    > > John Howard wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>You are absolutely correct Hans! I have taken care of the full mailbox
    > >>problem, but I'm still getting several hundred fake MS support email's

    a
    > >>day.
    > >>
    > >>John ;-)

    > >
    > >
    > > You're not alone John.... although my ISPs' filters limit it to about

    25 a
    > > day.
    > >
    > > Kenj
    > >

    >
    >


  7. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    you got that right! i get 300+ junk emails per day sinc eth middle of
    last week..., 50% virus loaded.. thank god i have high speed
    conneciton or it would take forever to clear my mailbox one message at
    a time... am applying spam filters like crazy, its working.. never had
    to do this before.. thanks bobo and pat for the recommending this
    quality software..





    Hans Lindgren wrote:
    > Yep, Microsoft support is busy helping their Windows users by filling customers
    > mailboxes...........hahaha......Nah....it is probably that dreaded virusattacs
    > masqueraded to MS support mails filling mailboxes up........
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > BR,
    > Hans
    >
    > RPF wrote:
    >
    >>Many thanks for the advice John. Worked great.
    >>I tried to send you an em but says your box is full.
    >>Cheers
    >>
    >>



  8. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    John Howard schrieb:
    >
    > You are absolutely correct Hans! I have taken care of the full mailbox
    > problem, but I'm still getting several hundred fake MS support emails a day.


    Got 1700 of these 150KB mails on the weekend.
    There is a nice program named 'pop3checker' (German only), which allows
    you to scan the server mailbox before loading all this stuff to your
    local client. And of course you can delete this trash directly without
    download. You can even design some (simple) filters for auto-delete.

    Even with DSL, downloading 1700 mails takes some time, so I'm happy I
    found this program.

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster, we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  9. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:01:19 +0200, Jens-Michael Gross
    wrote:


    >There is a nice program named 'pop3checker' (German only), which allows
    >you to scan the server mailbox before loading all this stuff to your
    >local client. And of course you can delete this trash directly without
    >download. You can even design some (simple) filters for auto-delete.


    There is also a very nice pop3 client named 'popcorn', which also
    allow you to read and delete mail on the server - it works without
    installation, is about 220 KB and is free. I use it myself to delete
    100+ mails per day these days...


    --
    Thomas L. Christensen
    A. Top posters
    Q. What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  10. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    I have used the online mail service mail2web.com to read mail headers before
    I download them through NewMail. I delete the junk stuff via mail2web.com

    ====

    Thomas L. Christensen wrote:
    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:01:19 +0200, Jens-Michael Gross


    There is a nice program named 'pop3checker' (German only), which allows
    you to scan the server mailbox before loading all this stuff to your
    local client. And of course you can delete this trash directly without
    download. You can even design some (simple) filters for auto-delete.

    There is also a very nice pop3 client named 'popcorn', which also
    allow you to read and delete mail on the server - it works without
    installation, is about 220 KB and is free. I use it myself to delete
    100+ mails per day these days...


    --
    Thomas L. Christensen
    A. Top posters
    Q. What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?


  11. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    Hi,

    Strange, still can't see any response or original posting of Hans.
    Logged in to another newsserver, same result nothing from Hans. :-(


    Edward

    "John Howard" schreef in bericht
    news:vn19vbne7olu12@corp.supernews.com...
    > You are absolutely correct Hans! I have taken care of the full mailbox
    > problem, but I'm still getting several hundred fake MS support emails a

    day.
    >
    > John ;-)
    >
    > Hans Lindgren wrote:
    >
    > > Yep, Microsoft support is busy helping their Windows users by filling

    customers
    > > mailboxes...........hahaha......Nah....it is probably that dreaded

    virusattacs
    > > masqueraded to MS support mails filling mailboxes up........
    > >
    > > ;-)
    > >
    > > BR,
    > > Hans
    > >
    > > RPF wrote:
    > >
    > >>Many thanks for the advice John. Worked great.
    > >>I tried to send you an em but says your box is full.
    > >>Cheers
    > >>
    > >>

    >




  12. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    Edward schrieb:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Strange, still can't see any response or original posting of Hans.
    > Logged in to another newsserver, same result nothing from Hans. :-(


    Same here.

    Looks like Hans' Newsserver has been blacklisted for some reason by one
    of the links in the newsfeed.
    Maybe someone has misused it for spamming NGs. So nothing goes out to
    Europe.
    His provider is avare of this problem, but it seems it hasn't been
    solved yet.

    Grossibaer

    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,
    we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.

  13. Re: ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    It out of my ISP:s control, what I can recall........ Blacklist is a strong
    word, it maight be that way, but it might be an unintentional error as well.
    My ISP have informed me that there is a server in the newsfeed that drops
    postings from my newsserver, for an unknown reason. There is an ongoing investigation.

    BR,
    Hans

    Jens-Michael Gross wrote:
    > Edward schrieb:
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Strange, still can't see any response or original posting of Hans.
    > > Logged in to another newsserver, same result nothing from Hans. :-(

    >
    > Same here.
    >
    > Looks like Hans' Newsserver has been blacklisted for some reason by one
    > of the links in the newsfeed.
    > Maybe someone has misused it for spamming NGs. So nothing goes out to
    > Europe.
    > His provider is avare of this problem, but it seems it hasn't been
    > solved yet.
    >
    > Grossibaer
    >
    > --
    > If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    > second faster,
    > we would save 30 working hours worldwide every day.
    >


  14. ATTN: JOHN HOWARD

    * Reply auf eine Mail in COMP.OS.GEOS.MISC (GEOS O/S by Geoworks in general.)

    24 Sep 03 16:01:19, Jens-Michael Gross schrieb an All:

    Hallo Jens-Michael,

    JG> There is a nice program named 'pop3checker' (German only), which allows
    JG> you to scan the server mailbox before loading all this stuff to your
    JG> local client. And of course you can delete this trash directly without
    JG> download. You can even design some (simple) filters for auto-delete.

    Where can I find it?
    Which OS?

    cu, Fred

+ Reply to Thread