Because they can't fix it for themselves as the Windows help system is a
complete joke to computer illitarate people, and not much better for the
literate ones either. I can't remember solving one single problem with the
help system in Windows, and there is no lead for further searching, one often
gets dumped in the middle of nowhere, and doing a lot of mumbo jumbo work,
like checking if the power plug is plugged in. ..... with the kind words
of "sorry we can't help you solve your problem......."

BR,
Hans

hyubso wrote:
> if windows is so great, so modern, so latest adn greattest and up to
> date and mainstream and non extremeist in nature, why do i get peoiple
> asking me to fix their outlook express spell checkers??
>
> Bob wrote:
> > Again your comments are so inane. Hyubso, your comments are actually
> > embarrassing! Why do you keep it up when your replies show a total
> > misunderstanding of (name the subject here).????
> >
> > What Windows has to offer is simply light years ahead of anything GEOS

ever
> > had or ever will have. Perhaps if you did Network Administration you

may
> > have a clue as to what I'm talking about. I would LOVE to have you by

my
> > side and have you setup and try to do even the most simplistic needs

of a
> > network administrator, servicing it's clients with GEOS! : - ) YOU'D

BE
> > FIRED IN 1 minute!
> >
> > "hyubso" wrote in message
> > news:_5B6b.5568$cU4.2234@newssvr32.news.prodigy.co m...
> >
> >>an OS provides services for applications so each application does not
> >>have to "reinvent the wheel " for each service it wants to offer...
> >>
> >>this is a very simple concept.
> >>

> >>GEOS is an OS that DOES provide a spell checking service to its apps

in
> >>additon to many other services such as printing services and video
> >>display services and access to disk drives, etc etc etc. GEOS takes
> >>"integration" to its ultimate design goal.. while MSFT's incomplete
> >>latest offerings are still patching together a mess of garbage, slowly
> >>but shirley heading in GEOS' direction.

> > does

> > already

and