Re: Who's on first? - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: Who's on first? - GEOS ; "Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message news:20030901110012.14117.00000224@mb-m18.aol.com... > and way > the best OS available for an Intel based PC. >> > > ROFLMAO! Oh balderdash! You use it because: > > A. MIS (or someone else in authority) told you ...

  1. Re: Who's on first?

    "Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    > << I and 100's of MILLIONS of other simply choose to use what is by far

    and way
    > the best OS available for an Intel based PC. >>
    >
    > ROFLMAO! Oh balderdash! You use it because:
    >
    > A. MIS (or someone else in authority) told you that you had to or
    > B. Your new computer came with it already pre-installed or
    > C. You bought into the marketing of it from them
    >
    > Ray

    Sorry, but nope. I use it, and 100's of millions of others use it because it
    is simply the best product for a desktop PC. (Note I said; "Desktop PC.")
    The second another desktop OS is better I'll use that one without a seconds
    thought. I have no love for binary code other then it does what I need it to
    do and it does it better then another. Simple eh? Hate to burst your bubble
    about my supposed love of Windows. I don't give a hoot about Microsoft or
    Windows other then what is stated above. If Company X builds a better
    mousetrap, bam, I'll use that. Till then I'll use the best which happens to
    be Windows. For a desktop PC. I use Linux for server side implementations as
    that is the best for that. Sadly, GEOS doesn't even note a sideways glance
    for anything.

  2. Re: Who's on first?

    << I use it, and 100's of millions of others use it because it is simply the
    best product for a desktop PC. >>

    You obviously have technical literacy way beyond the average user -- and you
    may in fact believe that "it is simply the best product for a desktop PC."

    And how did you come to this conclusion? You're implying that it is soley
    because you have done enough testing of various desktop PC products to make
    that determination on your behalf. And, if you have done that, I can't fault
    you with that premise...as it applies to you personally; BUT(!):

    You're saying that "100's of millions of others" believe it's the best product?
    I think you give waaay too much credit to the average user for sure! If they
    were as literate as you surmise, there sure wouldn't be the virus problems
    plaguing them! The average user runs with the herd as sheep! I'll stick with
    my points "A-B-C" for the average user...

    Ray

    >Subject: Re: Who's on first?
    >From: "Bob" bob12754@comcast.net
    >Date: 9/2/03 12:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >
    >"Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    >> << I and 100's of MILLIONS of other simply choose to use what is by far

    >and way
    >> the best OS available for an Intel based PC. >>
    >>
    >> ROFLMAO! Oh balderdash! You use it because:
    >>
    >> A. MIS (or someone else in authority) told you that you had to or
    >> B. Your new computer came with it already pre-installed or
    >> C. You bought into the marketing of it from them
    >>
    >> Ray

    >Sorry, but nope. I use it, and 100's of millions of others use it because it
    >is simply the best product for a desktop PC. (Note I said; "Desktop PC.")
    >The second another desktop OS is better I'll use that one without a seconds
    >thought. I have no love for binary code other then it does what I need it to
    >do and it does it better then another. Simple eh? Hate to burst your bubble
    >about my supposed love of Windows. I don't give a hoot about Microsoft or
    >Windows other then what is stated above. If Company X builds a better
    >mousetrap, bam, I'll use that. Till then I'll use the best which happens to
    >be Windows. For a desktop PC. I use Linux for server side implementations as
    >that is the best for that. Sadly, GEOS doesn't even note a sideways glance
    >for anything.

  3. Re: Who's on first?

    Pointless. My Mom and Dad always told me not to argue with a fool. So I
    won't bother starting now.

    > << I use it, and 100's of millions of others use it because it is simply

    the
    > best product for a desktop PC. >>
    >
    > You obviously have technical literacy way beyond the average user -- and

    you
    > may in fact believe that "it is simply the best product for a desktop PC."
    >
    > And how did you come to this conclusion? You're implying that it is soley
    > because you have done enough testing of various desktop PC products to

    make
    > that determination on your behalf. And, if you have done that, I can't

    fault
    > you with that premise...as it applies to you personally; BUT(!):
    >
    > You're saying that "100's of millions of others" believe it's the best

    product?
    > I think you give waaay too much credit to the average user for sure! If

    they
    > were as literate as you surmise, there sure wouldn't be the virus problems
    > plaguing them! The average user runs with the herd as sheep! I'll stick

    with
    > my points "A-B-C" for the average user...
    >
    > Ray
    >
    > >Subject: Re: Who's on first?
    > >From: "Bob" bob12754@comcast.net
    > >Date: 9/2/03 12:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    > >
    > >"Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    > >> << I and 100's of MILLIONS of other simply choose to use what is by far

    > >and way
    > >> the best OS available for an Intel based PC. >>
    > >>
    > >> ROFLMAO! Oh balderdash! You use it because:
    > >>
    > >> A. MIS (or someone else in authority) told you that you had to or
    > >> B. Your new computer came with it already pre-installed or
    > >> C. You bought into the marketing of it from them
    > >>
    > >> Ray

    > >Sorry, but nope. I use it, and 100's of millions of others use it because

    it
    > >is simply the best product for a desktop PC. (Note I said; "Desktop PC.")
    > >The second another desktop OS is better I'll use that one without a

    seconds
    > >thought. I have no love for binary code other then it does what I need it

    > >do and it does it better then another. Simple eh? Hate to burst your

    bubble
    > >about my supposed love of Windows. I don't give a hoot about Microsoft or
    > >Windows other then what is stated above. If Company X builds a better
    > >mousetrap, bam, I'll use that. Till then I'll use the best which happens

    > >be Windows. For a desktop PC. I use Linux for server side implementations

    as
    > >that is the best for that. Sadly, GEOS doesn't even note a sideways

    glance
    > >for anything.

  4. Re: Who's on first?

    << Pointless. My Mom and Dad always told me not to argue with a fool. So I
    won't bother starting now. >>

    Being unable to articulate a compelling argument to buttress your assertions,
    you simply degenerate to name-calling. I expected better. Ah well...

    Ray

    >Subject: Re: Who's on first?
    >From: "Bob" bob12754@comcast.net
    >Date: 9/3/03 11:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    >Pointless. My Mom and Dad always told me not to argue with a fool. So I
    >won't bother starting now.
    >
    >"Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    >> << I use it, and 100's of millions of others use it because it is simply

    >the
    >> best product for a desktop PC. >>
    >>
    >> You obviously have technical literacy way beyond the average user -- and

    >you
    >> may in fact believe that "it is simply the best product for a desktop PC."
    >>
    >> And how did you come to this conclusion? You're implying that it is soley
    >> because you have done enough testing of various desktop PC products to

    >make
    >> that determination on your behalf. And, if you have done that, I can't

    >fault
    >> you with that premise...as it applies to you personally; BUT(!):
    >>
    >> You're saying that "100's of millions of others" believe it's the best

    >product?
    >> I think you give waaay too much credit to the average user for sure! If

    >they
    >> were as literate as you surmise, there sure wouldn't be the virus problems
    >> plaguing them! The average user runs with the herd as sheep! I'll stick

    >with
    >> my points "A-B-C" for the average user...
    >>
    >> Ray
    >>
    >> >Subject: Re: Who's on first?
    >> >From: "Bob" bob12754@comcast.net
    >> >Date: 9/2/03 12:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >> >
    >> >"Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    >> >and way

    >> >Sorry, but nope. I use it, and 100's of millions of others use it because

    >it
    >> >is simply the best product for a desktop PC. (Note I said; "Desktop PC.")
    >> >The second another desktop OS is better I'll use that one without a

    >seconds
    >> >thought. I have no love for binary code other then it does what I need it

    >> >do and it does it better then another. Simple eh? Hate to burst your

    >bubble
    >> >about my supposed love of Windows. I don't give a hoot about Microsoft or
    >> >Windows other then what is stated above. If Company X builds a better
    >> >mousetrap, bam, I'll use that. Till then I'll use the best which happens

    >> >be Windows. For a desktop PC. I use Linux for server side implementations

    >as
    >> >that is the best for that. Sadly, GEOS doesn't even note a sideways

    >glance
    >> >for anything.

    Ray Kopczynski

    Geos -- The O/S for those who have simpler needs and hardware...
    http://profiles.yahoo.com/geoholic

  5. Re: Who's on first?

    Not at all. Your replies are so inane it is an exercise in frustration
    debating with you. You are so biased it distorts all reason. So, why argue
    with a fool?

    > << Pointless. My Mom and Dad always told me not to argue with a fool. So I
    > won't bother starting now. >>
    >
    > Being unable to articulate a compelling argument to buttress your

    assertions,
    > you simply degenerate to name-calling. I expected better. Ah well...
    >
    > Ray
    >
    > >Subject: Re: Who's on first?
    > >From: "Bob" bob12754@comcast.net
    > >Date: 9/3/03 11:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    > >Pointless. My Mom and Dad always told me not to argue with a fool. So I
    > >won't bother starting now.
    > >
    > >"Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    > >> << I use it, and 100's of millions of others use it because it is

    simply
    > >the
    > >> best product for a desktop PC. >>
    > >>
    > >> You obviously have technical literacy way beyond the average user --

    and
    > >you
    > >> may in fact believe that "it is simply the best product for a desktop

    PC."

    > >> And how did you come to this conclusion? You're implying that it is

    soley
    > >> because you have done enough testing of various desktop PC products to

    > >make
    > >> that determination on your behalf. And, if you have done that, I can't

    > >fault
    > >> you with that premise...as it applies to you personally; BUT(!):
    > >>
    > >> You're saying that "100's of millions of others" believe it's the best

    > >product?
    > >> I think you give waaay too much credit to the average user for sure!

    If
    > >they
    > >> were as literate as you surmise, there sure wouldn't be the virus

    problems
    > >> plaguing them! The average user runs with the herd as sheep! I'll

    stick
    > >with
    > >> my points "A-B-C" for the average user...
    > >>
    > >> Ray

    far

    because
    > >it

    PC.")

    > >seconds

    it

    > >bubble

    or

    happens

    implementations
    > >as

    > >glance

    > Ray Kopczynski
    >
    > Geos -- The O/S for those who have simpler needs and hardware...
    > http://profiles.yahoo.com/geoholic

  6. Re: Who's on first?

    Bob schrieb:

    > Pointless. My Mom and Dad always told me not to argue with a fool. So I
    > won't bother starting now.

    Is this why you talk to us instead to yourself?

    Be happy we don't think the same way, or you'd only get silcence to your
    posts.

    Grossibaer

    --
    Take a class. Read a book. Don't expect computers to be simple, because
    they are not.

  7. Re: Who's on first?

    "Jens-Michael Gross" wrote in message

    > Is this why you talk to us instead to yourself?

    Good comeback Potsie! You remind me of kids on the school playground. "I
    know you are but what am I?

+ Reply to Thread