Who's on first? - GEOS

This is a discussion on Who's on first? - GEOS ; Off topic but apropos... :-) Who's on first...? ABBOTT: Ultimate SuperDuper Computer Store. Can I help you? COSTELLO: Thanks. I'm setting up a home office in the den, and I'm thinking of buying a computer. ABBOTT: Mac? COSTELLO: No, the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 117

  1. Who's on first?

    Off topic but apropos... :-)

    Who's on first...?

    ABBOTT: Ultimate SuperDuper Computer Store. Can I help you?

    COSTELLO: Thanks. I'm setting up a home office in the den, and I'm thinking of
    buying a computer.

    ABBOTT: Mac?

    COSTELLO: No, the name is Lou.

    ABBOTT: Your computer?

    COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.

    ABBOTT: Mac?

    COSTELLO: I told you, my name is Lou.

    ABBOTT: What about Windows?

    COSTELLO: Why? Does it get stuffy?

    ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?

    COSTELLO: I don't know. What do I see when I look out the windows?

    ABBOTT: Wallpaper.

    COSTELLO: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.

    ABBOTT: Software that runs on Windows?

    COSTELLO: No, on the computer! I need something I can use to write proposals,
    track expenses. You know, run a business. What have t?

    ABBOTT: Office.

    COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?

    ABBOTT: I just did.

    COSTELLO: You just did what?

    ABBOTT: Recommended something.

    COSTELLO: You recommended something?

    ABBOTT: Yes.

    COSTELLO: For my office?

    ABBOTT: Yes.

    COSTELLO: Okay, what did you recommend for my office?

    ABBOTT: Office.

    COSTELLO: Yes, for my office.

    ABBOTT: Office for Windows.

    COSTELLO: I already have an office and it already has windows! Let's say I'm
    sitting at my computer, and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?

    ABBOTT: Word.

    COSTELLO: If I'm writing a proposal, I'm going to need lots of words. But what
    program do I load?

    ABBOTT: Word.

    COSTELLO: What word?

    ABBOTT: The Word in Office.

    COSTELLO: The only word in office is office.

    TT: The Word in Office for Windows.

    COSTELLO: Which word in "office for windows?"

    ABBOTT: The Word you get when you click the blue W.

    COSTELLO: I'm going to click your big W if you don't give me a straight answer.
    Let's forget about words for a minute. What do I need if I want to watch a
    movie over the Internet?

    ABBOTT: RealOne.

    COSTELLO: Maybe a real movie, maybe a cartoon. What I watch is none of your
    business. But what do I need to watch it?

    ABBOTT: RealOne.

    COSTELLO: If it's a long movie I'll also want to watch reels two, three and
    four. Can I watch reel four?

    ABBOTT: Of course.

    COSTELLO: Great! With what?

    ABBOTT: RealOne.

    COSTELLO: Okay, so I'm sitting at my computer and I want to watch a movie. What
    do I do?

    ABBOTT: You click the blue 1.

    COSTELLO: I click the blue one what?

    ABBOTT: The blue 1.

    COSTELLO: Is that different from the blue W?

    ABBOTT: Of course it is. The blue 1 is RealOne. The blue W is Word.

    COSTELLO: What word?

    ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.

    COSTELLO: But there's three words in "office for windows!"

    ABBOTT: No, just one. But it's the most popular Word in the world.

    COSTELLO: It is?

    ABBOTT: Yes, although to be fair there aren't many other Words left. It pretty
    much wiped out all the other Words.

    COSTELLO: And that word is the real one?

    ABBOTT: No. RealOne has nothing to do with Word. RealOne isn't even part of
    Office.

    COSTELLO: Never mind; I don't want to get started with that again. But I also
    need something for bank accounts, loans, and so on. What do you have to help me
    track my money?

    ABBOTT: Money.

    COSTELLO: That's right. What do you have?

    ABBOTT: Money.

    COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?

    ABBOTT: No, not really. It comes bundled with your computer.

    COSTELLO: What comes bundled with my computer?

    ABBOTT: Money.

    COSTELLO: Money comes bundled with my computer?

    ABBOTT: Exactly. No extra charge.

    COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer at no extra charge? How much
    money do I get?

    ABBOTT: Just one copy.

    COSTELLO: I get a copy of money. Isn't that illegal?

    ABBOTT: No. We have a license from Microsoft to make copies of Money.

    COSTELLO: Microsoft can license you to make money?

    ABBOTT: Why not? They own it.

    COSTELLO: Well, it's great that I'm going to get free money, but I'll still
    need to track it. Do you have anything for managing your money?

    ABBOTT: Managing Your Money? That program disappeared years ago.

    COSTELLO: Well, what do you sell in its place?

    ABBOTT: Money.

    COSTELLO: You sell money?

    ABBOTT: Of course. But if you buy a computer from us, you get it for free.

    COSTELLO: That's all very wonderful, but I'll be running a business. Do you
    have any software for, you know, accounting?

    ABBOTT: Simply Accounting.

    COSTELLO: Probably, but it might get a little complicated.

    ABBOTT: If you don't want Simply Accounting, you might try M.Y.O.B.

    COSTELLO: M.Y.O.B.? What does that stand for?

    ABBOTT: Mind Your Own Business.

    COSTELLO: I beg your pardon?

    ABBOTT: No, that would be I.B.Y.P. I said M.Y.O.B.

    COSTELLO: Look, I just need to do some accounting for my home business. You
    know--accounting? You do it with money.

    ABBOTT: Of course you can do accounting with Money. But you may need more.

    COSTELLO: More money?

    ABBOTT: More than Money. Money can't do everything.

    COSTELLO: I don't need a sermon! Okay, let's forget about money for the moment.
    I'm worried that my computer might...what's the word? Crash. And if my computer
    crashes, what can I use to restore my data?

    ABBOTT: GoBack.

    COSTELLO: Okay. I'm worried about my computer smashing and I need something to
    restore my data. What do you recommend?

    ABBOTT: GoBack.

    COSTELLO: How many times do I have to repeat myself?

    ABBOTT: I've never asked you to repeat yourself. All I said was GoBack.

    COSTELLO: How can I go back if I haven't even been anywhere? Okay, I'll go
    back. What do I need to write a proposal?

    ABBOTT: Word.

    COSTELLO: But I'll need lots of words to write a proposal.

    ABBOTT: No, you only need one Word--the Word in Office for Windows.

    COSTELLO: But there's three words in...Oh, never mind.

    ABBOTT: Hello? Hello? Customers! Why do they always hang up on me? Oh, well.
    Ultimate SuperDuper Computer Store. Can I help you?

  2. Re: Who's on first?

    this is way off the off topic but fits....

    Would anyone care to reply to David Pogue???? Well maybe, but not Bob or Pat,
    but the others who find GEOS/NEWDEAL/BREADBOX useful even if it's years
    since the last updates.... We all keep waiting for the promises of things to
    come.

    Marc

    The following is from an article protected by
    "Copyright 2003 The New York Times Company"

    1. From the Desk of David Pogue: Suggestions for ot Microsoft

    This fall, the world will be treated to yet another version
    of Microsoft Office, the software suite that towers over the
    world like the Jolly Green Giant.

    The truth is, Microsoft would still sell millions upon
    millions of copies even if it did nothing more than change
    the Microsoft Office icon. Two factors assure the new
    Office's success: first, the world has settled on the Word,
    Excel and PowerPoint file formats for the documents they
    exchange every day. Second, Microsoft's new corporate-
    purchase program practically forces companies to pay for
    Office upgrades up to three years in advance, before they
    even know what they'll be getting.

    In any case, the last time I griped about Microsoft's abuse
    of its power, a few defenders responded. One wrote: "I
    worked on Office for nine years, and I can tell you that
    there are several hundred very dedicated, very smart
    software engineers who wake up every day thinking about how
    to make great software and solve real customer problems."

    Well, they may wake up thinking about making software great,
    but one man's "great" is another's "bloated." To my mind,
    great software speeds you up instead of slowing you down. It
    reduces steps rather than increasing them. Those aren't
    always Microsoft's priorities.

    Here are a few examples of what I mean. May these pointers*
    - or at least the principles behind them -- waft their way
    into the dreams of those very smart software engineers:

    * In Word XP, when you choose New from the File menu, you
    don't get a new document, as you'd expect. Instead, you open
    a Task Pane at the opposite side of the screen, listing 15
    commands. You must then click Blank Document, six commands
    from the top. Suggestion: If I click New, I mean New right
    now, not two steps later.

    * When you shut down Windows XP, the "Are you sure?" dialog
    box lists only three of the four choices (Shut Down,
    Restart, Standby). Inexplicably, the Hibernate button
    doesn't appear until you press the Shift key. Millions of
    people, as a result, don't even know that it's there.
    Suggestion: Don't be shy. Put important features where
    people can find them.

    * When you type an Internet address in Word, it turns into a
    live, blue, underlined link, unasked. Power users know how
    to undo it (promptly use the Undo command), but novices
    routinely click the link in hopes of editing it -- and
    launch their Web browsers by accident. Suggestion: The
    factory setting for this feature should be Off, not On.

    * In Outlook XP, when you search for an e-mail message, a
    "No results found" message appears while the search is under
    way -- a misleading indicator, to put it mildly. Suggestion:
    Don't tell us that no results have been found until the
    search is complete.

    * The Windows XP taskbar automatically consolidates window
    buttons: If you have five Word files open, only one Word
    button appears on the taskbar. It serves as a pop-up menu
    that lists the open windows. That's great, but you're forced
    to choose from this menu, once again requiring two clicks
    where one used to suffice. Suggestion: Let us click the
    taskbar button itself to bring the whole program forward.

    * Finally, Outlook's anti-spam features are practically non-
    existent. They're weaker than Mac OS X's Mail program,
    weaker than America Online, even weaker than Microsoft's own
    MSN software. Suggestion: Wake up and smell the junk mail.

    I can't wait to see what the new Office has in store. I'm
    sure it will include buckets' worth of new architectures and
    Object-Oriented Whatever. But if Microsoft is truly
    interested in "solving real customer problems," here's
    hoping that it will put a little thought into polishing up
    the little things along the way.

    -----

    Forum: David Pogue's Columns

    Do you think that Microsoft is improving its products or
    just adding bloat? Post your thoughts on the feedback board.
    http://forums.nytimes.com/webin/WebX?50@@.f16bec4

    * Go to More Technology Forums:
    http://forums.nytimes.com/webin/WebX?14@@.ee6b4b7

    * Go to Readers' Opinions
    http://www.nytimes.com/pages/readers...ndex.html?8cir

    -----

    Visit David Pogue on the Web at:
    http://www.davidpogue.com

    Copyright 2003 The New York Times Company

  3. Re: Who's on first?

    On 29 Aug 2003 16:56:05 GMT, marco10684@aol.com (Marco10684) wrote:

    >this is way off the off topic but fits....

    I simply call this the "We know what is good for you" attitude.

    As long as you do what M$ thinks you should be doing, you are fine.
    Try to do something they didn't think you would (like wanting that
    e-mail address not to be active) and you are stuck.

    Other fine examples are automatic spell correction and text
    highlighting.

    Holger

  4. Re: Who's on first?

    Holger Laux schrieb:

    > I simply call this the "We know what is good for you" attitude.

    Right. Of course it is Windows, what is good for us. And Office.
    Everything else is bad for us - or at least bad for Microsoft.

    > As long as you do what M$ thinks you should be doing, you are fine.
    > Try to do something they didn't think you would (like wanting that
    > e-mail address not to be active) and you are stuck.

    even worse. Only if you want to do what the responsible programmer has
    thought you have to want to do, you're fine. As there are many
    programmers involved, this means a consistent inconsistency everywhere.

    > Other fine examples are automatic spell correction and text
    > highlighting.

    Don't say 'spell correction'. It should be named 'auto-censoring'.
    It doesn't allow you to type words which Microsoft considers 'bad'. This
    includes even the names of competitors or competing products.
    It even 'corrected' my diploma thesis, renaming all the variable names
    in the program description, as well as the source code.

    Of course you can disable it (well, can you really completely?), but
    only if you're smart enough to find the tiny button in the sixth or
    seventh submenu.

    Grossibaer

    --
    Take a class. Read a book. Don't expect computers to be simple, because
    they are not.

  5. Re: Who's on first?

    choice..

    now that is an interesting concept microsoft would never support...

    even though bob claims to support it.

    Bob wrote:
    > I wouldn't even have a vague concept of what "M$ thinks I should be doing."
    > I and 100's of MILLIONS of other simply choose to use what is by far and way
    > the best OS available for an Intel based PC.
    >
    > "Holger Laux" wrote in message
    >
    >>On 29 Aug 2003 16:56:05 GMT, marco10684@aol.com (Marco10684) wrote:
    >>

    >>>this is way off the off topic but fits....

    >>I simply call this the "We know what is good for you" attitude.
    >>
    >>As long as you do what M$ thinks you should be doing, you are fine.
    >>Try to do something they didn't think you would (like wanting that
    >>e-mail address not to be active) and you are stuck.
    >>
    >>Other fine examples are automatic spell correction and text
    >>highlighting.
    >>
    >>Holger

  6. Re: Who's on first?

    the "best" msft OS software doesn't even supply a spell checker for use
    with those "best" applications like outlook express, which does not
    happen to have a spell checker, and which it takes a $50 tech support
    call to diagnose why the missing spell checker does not work...

    you have to buy MSOffice to get a spell checker which outloook express
    can make use of...

    at least useless worthless geos came with a spell checker

    Bob wrote:

    > I wouldn't even have a vague concept of what "M$ thinks I should be doing."
    > I and 100's of MILLIONS of other simply choose to use what is by far and way
    > the best OS available for an Intel based PC.
    >
    > "Holger Laux" wrote in message
    >
    >>On 29 Aug 2003 16:56:05 GMT, marco10684@aol.com (Marco10684) wrote:
    >>

    >>>this is way off the off topic but fits....

    >>I simply call this the "We know what is good for you" attitude.
    >>
    >>As long as you do what M$ thinks you should be doing, you are fine.
    >>Try to do something they didn't think you would (like wanting that
    >>e-mail address not to be active) and you are stuck.
    >>
    >>Other fine examples are automatic spell correction and text
    >>highlighting.
    >>
    >>Holger

  7. Re: Who's on first?

    I don't claim anything about Microsoft except they happen to produce
    currently the best OS for a desktop PC. Period. I don't give a hoot about
    Microsoft as a thing or whatever it is you think it is. The second another
    desktop OS is available that is better then Windows, I'll use that one
    without a second thought.

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    news:2_K4b.3690$X57.3244@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...
    > choice..
    >
    > now that is an interesting concept microsoft would never support...
    >

    > even though bob claims to support it.
    >

    > ..
    >
    > Bob wrote:
    > > I wouldn't even have a vague concept of what "M$ thinks I should be

    doing."
    > > I and 100's of MILLIONS of other simply choose to use what is by far and

    way
    > > the best OS available for an Intel based PC.
    > >
    > > "Holger Laux" wrote in message

    > >>I simply call this the "We know what is good for you" attitude.
    > >>
    > >>As long as you do what M$ thinks you should be doing, you are fine.
    > >>Try to do something they didn't think you would (like wanting that
    > >>e-mail address not to be active) and you are stuck.
    > >>
    > >>Other fine examples are automatic spell correction and text
    > >>highlighting.
    > >>
    > >>Holger

  8. Re: Who's on first?

    So? Use OpenOffice. What do I care? I don't even have Microsoft Office
    installed on my PC. I don't use a PC for that stuff. At work what little WP
    I do I use WordPad. So there...na-na-na-na.

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    news:e1L4b.3691$Ya7.1190@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...
    > the "best" msft OS software doesn't even supply a spell checker for use
    > with those "best" applications like outlook express, which does not
    > happen to have a spell checker, and which it takes a $50 tech support
    > call to diagnose why the missing spell checker does not work...
    >

    > you have to buy MSOffice to get a spell checker which outloook express
    > can make use of...
    >
    > at least useless worthless geos came with a spell checker
    >

    > Bob wrote:
    >
    > > I wouldn't even have a vague concept of what "M$ thinks I should be

    doing."
    > > I and 100's of MILLIONS of other simply choose to use what is by far and

    way
    > > the best OS available for an Intel based PC.
    > >
    > > "Holger Laux" wrote in message

    > >>I simply call this the "We know what is good for you" attitude.
    > >>
    > >>As long as you do what M$ thinks you should be doing, you are fine.
    > >>Try to do something they didn't think you would (like wanting that
    > >>e-mail address not to be active) and you are stuck.
    > >>
    > >>Other fine examples are automatic spell correction and text
    > >>highlighting.
    > >>
    > >>Holger

  9. Re: Who's on first?

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    news:e1L4b.3691$Ya7.1190@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...

    > the "best" msft OS software doesn't even supply a spell checker for use
    > with those "best" applications like outlook express, which does not
    > happen to have a spell checker, and which it takes a $50 tech support
    > call to diagnose why the missing spell checker does not work...

    Outlook Express is free. You paid ZIP for it and want all the ancillary
    goodies, for free.

  10. Re: Who's on first?

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    news:e1L4b.3691$Ya7.1190@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...

    > you have to buy MSOffice to get a spell checker which outloook express
    > can make use of...
    >
    > at least useless worthless geos came with a spell checker

    Hyubso, I'm not sure if this will work but you might give it a try.

    http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

  11. Re: Who's on first? FREE OE Spell Checker and other ramblings from the incompetent mind of Hyubso! (D'OH!)

    LOL! It is AMAZING! Outlook Express is free. Then Hyubso bitches that if you
    want a spell checker for it you need to purchase Office. LOL! Then as one
    can plainly see, (and should have known), there are several FREE spell
    checkers for OE. The Guy just don't get how freaking STOOOPPPIIIDD he
    sounds, (all the time!), and yet he keeps on after getting his lack of
    intelligence throw in his face, time after time after time after time after
    time after time after time after time after time after time after time after

    "Pat" wrote in message
    > "hyubso" wrote in message
    > news:e1L4b.3691$Ya7.1190@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...
    >
    > > you have to buy MSOffice to get a spell checker which outloook express
    > > can make use of...
    > >
    > > at least useless worthless geos came with a spell checker
    > >

    > Hyubso, I'm not sure if this will work but you might give it a try.
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

  12. Re: Who's on first?

    i use netscape, which is also free and comes with a splel checkr

    i even ran it on htis message, adn it detected the meany mispellings..
    somehting outlook express cannot do

    Pat wrote:
    > "hyubso" wrote in message
    > news:e1L4b.3691$Ya7.1190@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...
    >

    >>the "best" msft OS software doesn't even supply a spell checker for use
    >>with those "best" applications like outlook express, which does not
    >>happen to have a spell checker, and which it takes a $50 tech support
    >>call to diagnose why the missing spell checker does not work...

    > Outlook Express is free. You paid ZIP for it and want all the ancillary
    > goodies, for free.

  13. Re: Who's on first? FREE OE Spell Checker and other ramblings fromthe incompetent mind of Hyubso! (D'OH!)

    netscape does not require you ot hunt for a spell checker... nor does
    geos.. neither requires you ot go thru the hassle of installing a 3rd
    party spell chekcer and whatever other free adware/spyware comes wiht them

    which begs the question.. why does msft not supply a spell checker with
    the windows OS?? is even teh latest version of windows incomplete??
    you bet it is...

    Bob wrote:

    > LOL! It is AMAZING! Outlook Express is free. Then Hyubso bitches that if you
    > want a spell checker for it you need to purchase Office. LOL! Then as one
    > can plainly see, (and should have known), there are several FREE spell
    > checkers for OE. The Guy just don't get how freaking STOOOPPPIIIDD he
    > sounds, (all the time!), and yet he keeps on after getting his lack of
    > intelligence throw in his face, time after time after time after time after
    > time after time after time after time after time after time after time after
    > time after
    > time after time after time after time after time after time after time after
    > time after
    > time after time after time after time after time after time after time after
    > time after
    > time after time after time after time after time.
    >
    > "Pat" wrote in message
    >
    >>"hyubso" wrote in message
    >>news:e1L4b.3691$Ya7.1190@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...
    >>

    >>>you have to buy MSOffice to get a spell checker which outloook express
    >>>can make use of...
    >>>
    >>>at least useless worthless geos came with a spell checker
    >>>

    >>Hyubso, I'm not sure if this will work but you might give it a try.
    >>
    >>http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

  14. Re: Who's on first?

    Looking at your post it is painfully obvious you don't use a 'splel checkr."

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    news:Pda5b.3532$Ke7.1461@newssvr33.news.prodigy.co m...
    > i use netscape, which is also free and comes with a splel checkr
    >
    > i even ran it on htis message, adn it detected the meany mispellings..
    > somehting outlook express cannot do
    >
    > Pat wrote:
    > > "hyubso" wrote in message
    > > news:e1L4b.3691$Ya7.1190@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...
    > >

    > >>the "best" msft OS software doesn't even supply a spell checker for use
    > >>with those "best" applications like outlook express, which does not
    > >>happen to have a spell checker, and which it takes a $50 tech support
    > >>call to diagnose why the missing spell checker does not work...

    > > Outlook Express is free. You paid ZIP for it and want all the ancillary
    > > goodies, for free.

  15. Re: Who's on first? FREE OE Spell Checker and other ramblings from the incompetent mind of Hyubso! (D'OH!)

    It is painfully obvious by your (many pointless) posts, that you do not use
    a spell checker, so why all the fuss? You have once again been proven 100%
    incorrect, (as usual), so? The fact is OE is FREE. IE is free. The "missing"
    component you are bitching about is also FREE. Give up. You've lost. AGAIN.

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    news:lga5b.3533$Ke7.1264@newssvr33.news.prodigy.co m...
    > netscape does not require you ot hunt for a spell checker... nor does
    > geos.. neither requires you ot go thru the hassle of installing a 3rd
    > party spell chekcer and whatever other free adware/spyware comes wiht

    them

    > which begs the question.. why does msft not supply a spell checker with
    > the windows OS?? is even teh latest version of windows incomplete??
    > you bet it is...
    >

    > Bob wrote:
    >
    > > LOL! It is AMAZING! Outlook Express is free. Then Hyubso bitches that if

    you
    > > want a spell checker for it you need to purchase Office. LOL! Then as

    one
    > > can plainly see, (and should have known), there are several FREE spell
    > > checkers for OE. The Guy just don't get how freaking STOOOPPPIIIDD he
    > > sounds, (all the time!), and yet he keeps on after getting his lack of
    > > intelligence throw in his face, time after time after time after time

    after
    > > time after time after time after time after time after time after time

    after
    > > time after
    > > time after time after time after time after time after time after time

    after
    > > time after
    > > time after time after time after time after time after time after time

    after
    > > time after
    > > time after time after time after time after time.
    > >
    > > "Pat" wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"hyubso" wrote in message
    > >>news:e1L4b.3691$Ya7.1190@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...

    > >>Hyubso, I'm not sure if this will work but you might give it a try.
    > >>
    > >>http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

  16. Re: Who's on first? FREE OE Spell Checker and other ramblings from the incompetent mind of Hyubso! (D'OH!)

    OK, one demerit for Windows. No free spell checker with the free O.E, from
    Microsoft. Can we think of anything that Windows includes for free that is
    not free in GEOS, or does not exist in GEOS, or will probably never exist in
    GEOS until hell freezes over. Hmmmmmm?

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    news:lga5b.3533$Ke7.1264@newssvr33.news.prodigy.co m...
    > netscape does not require you ot hunt for a spell checker... nor does
    > geos.. neither requires you ot go thru the hassle of installing a 3rd
    > party spell chekcer and whatever other free adware/spyware comes wiht

    them

    > which begs the question.. why does msft not supply a spell checker with
    > the windows OS?? is even teh latest version of windows incomplete??
    > you bet it is...
    >

    > Bob wrote:
    >
    > > LOL! It is AMAZING! Outlook Express is free. Then Hyubso bitches that if

    you
    > > want a spell checker for it you need to purchase Office. LOL! Then as

    one
    > > can plainly see, (and should have known), there are several FREE spell
    > > checkers for OE. The Guy just don't get how freaking STOOOPPPIIIDD he
    > > sounds, (all the time!), and yet he keeps on after getting his lack of
    > > intelligence throw in his face, time after time after time after time

    after
    > > time after time after time after time after time after time after time

    after
    > > time after
    > > time after time after time after time after time after time after time

    after
    > > time after
    > > time after time after time after time after time after time after time

    after
    > > time after
    > > time after time after time after time after time.
    > >
    > > "Pat" wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"hyubso" wrote in message
    > >>news:e1L4b.3691$Ya7.1190@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...

    > >>Hyubso, I'm not sure if this will work but you might give it a try.
    > >>
    > >>http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

  17. Re: Who's on first? FREE OE Spell Checker and other ramblings from the incompetent mind of Hyubso! (D'OH!)

    He's just a cry baby and disgruntled GEOS loser who sits around thinking of
    ways to express his negativity. Yet, he uses Windows and that just magnifies
    the hypocracy of his whole dumb act of taking stupid pot shots into the air
    like a drunken cowboy after payday on a Friday night.

    Do you want to make a list of everything GEOS lacks, or should I. Ah, screw
    it and who cares we all know GEOS is kaput!

    "Bob" wrote in message
    > It is painfully obvious by your (many pointless) posts, that you do not

    use
    > a spell checker, so why all the fuss? You have once again been proven 100%
    > incorrect, (as usual), so? The fact is OE is FREE. IE is free. The

    "missing"
    > component you are bitching about is also FREE. Give up. You've lost.

    AGAIN.

    > "hyubso" wrote in message
    > news:lga5b.3533$Ke7.1264@newssvr33.news.prodigy.co m...
    > > netscape does not require you ot hunt for a spell checker... nor does
    > > geos.. neither requires you ot go thru the hassle of installing a 3rd
    > > party spell chekcer and whatever other free adware/spyware comes wiht

    > them
    > >

    > > which begs the question.. why does msft not supply a spell checker with
    > > the windows OS?? is even teh latest version of windows incomplete??
    > > you bet it is...
    > >

    > > Bob wrote:
    > >
    > > > LOL! It is AMAZING! Outlook Express is free. Then Hyubso bitches that

    if
    > you
    > > > want a spell checker for it you need to purchase Office. LOL! Then as

    > one
    > > > can plainly see, (and should have known), there are several FREE spell
    > > > checkers for OE. The Guy just don't get how freaking STOOOPPPIIIDD he
    > > > sounds, (all the time!), and yet he keeps on after getting his lack of
    > > > intelligence throw in his face, time after time after time after time

    > after
    > > > time after time after time after time after time after time after time

    > after
    > > > time after
    > > > time after time after time after time after time after time after time

    > after
    > > > time after
    > > > time after time after time after time after time after time after time

    > after
    > > > time after
    > > > time after time after time after time after time.
    > > >
    > > > "Pat" wrote in message

    express

  18. Re: Who's on first?

    Cool. Let me drop my trousers and fire a salute!

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    news:Pda5b.3532$Ke7.1461@newssvr33.news.prodigy.co m...
    > i use netscape, which is also free and comes with a splel checkr
    >
    > i even ran it on htis message, adn it detected the meany mispellings..
    > somehting outlook express cannot do
    >
    > Pat wrote:
    > > "hyubso" wrote in message
    > > news:e1L4b.3691$Ya7.1190@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...
    > >

    > >>the "best" msft OS software doesn't even supply a spell checker for use
    > >>with those "best" applications like outlook express, which does not
    > >>happen to have a spell checker, and which it takes a $50 tech support
    > >>call to diagnose why the missing spell checker does not work...

    > > Outlook Express is free. You paid ZIP for it and want all the ancillary
    > > goodies, for free.

  19. Re: Who's on first?

    i don't.. i am too lazy, but for that last one i did, i just di not
    correct teh mispellings.. or else no one would believe i wrote the message!

    Bob wrote:
    > Looking at your post it is painfully obvious you don't use a 'splel checkr."
    >
    > "hyubso" wrote in message
    > news:Pda5b.3532$Ke7.1461@newssvr33.news.prodigy.co m...
    >
    >>i use netscape, which is also free and comes with a splel checkr
    >>
    >>i even ran it on htis message, adn it detected the meany mispellings..
    >> somehting outlook express cannot do
    >>
    >>Pat wrote:
    >>
    >>>"hyubso" wrote in message
    >>>news:e1L4b.3691$Ya7.1190@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...

    >>>Outlook Express is free. You paid ZIP for it and want all the ancillary
    >>>goodies, for free.

  20. Re: Who's on first?

    Yeah, sure.

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    news:kkw5b.4799$ea4.3373@newssvr32.news.prodigy.co m...
    > i don't.. i am too lazy, but for that last one i did, i just di not
    > correct teh mispellings.. or else no one would believe i wrote the

    message!

    > Bob wrote:
    > > Looking at your post it is painfully obvious you don't use a 'splel

    checkr."

    > > "hyubso" wrote in message
    > > news:Pda5b.3532$Ke7.1461@newssvr33.news.prodigy.co m...
    > >
    > >>i use netscape, which is also free and comes with a splel checkr
    > >>
    > >>i even ran it on htis message, adn it detected the meany mispellings..
    > >> somehting outlook express cannot do

    use

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast