Re: 3.2a & Win 98 problem - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: 3.2a & Win 98 problem - GEOS ; RCantrell wrote: > > I have both version 3.2a and 4.20 running on Win 98. My internet access is by > cable, so it has been a year since I have had to use my conventional modem. I > moved ...

  1. Re: 3.2a & Win 98 problem

    RCantrell wrote:

    > I have both version 3.2a and 4.20 running on Win 98. My internet access

    is by
    > cable, so it has been a year since I have had to use my conventional modem.

    > moved just before starting to use the cable modem. Then 3 months ago I

    had
    > some trouble with my C drive so a professional tech swapped C drive with

    > drive. And everything has worked fine since then.
    >
    > Since then I have decided I want to use the enabled FAX-send feature of

    3.2a.
    > So I connected the conventional modem to the phone jack. .
    >
    > 4.20 shows, correctly, that COM 1 and COM 3 are both on IRQ 4, although

    they
    > use different addresses: O3F8-03FF for 1 and O3E8-O3EF for 3. But 3.2a

    will
    > not let me select 1 or 3 on any interrupt. So I can't use the FAX feature.

    > tried copying 3.2 from the present D drive to the new C drive, but that

    does
    > not
    > make any difference. But 4.20 will show the COM ports from the C drive

    as well
    > as the D drive.
    >
    > I have lost my 3.2a installer CD. But I do have a license for it.
    >
    > Does any one have any suggestions what I might do?

    Are you using any of your com-ports, execpt for the modem?

    > Also is anyone willing to let me have a replacement installer CD for 3.2a?

    Yep, sure, but I live a long way from you, perhaps some one nearer can help
    you out?

    BR,
    Hans

  2. Re: 3.2a & Win 98 problem

    In article , Hans Lindgren
    writes:

    >> I have lost my 3.2a installer CD. But I do have a license for it.
    >>
    >> Does any one have any suggestions what I might do?

    >Are you using any of your com-ports, execpt for the modem?

    Only the modem uses a Com port and it is on Com 2, believe it or not, according
    to Control panel.

    >> Also is anyone willing to let me have a replacement installer CD for 3.2a?

    >Yep, sure, but I live a long way from you, perhaps some one nearer can help
    >you out?

    I was hoping that someone with a high speed internet access might send it as an
    attachment. But I would be happy to pay mail costs from overseas.

    Dick

  3. Re: 3.2a & Win 98 problem

    I could send it as several attachments if you would like.

    "RCantrell" wrote in message
    > In article , Hans

    Lindgren
    > writes:
    >
    > >> I have lost my 3.2a installer CD. But I do have a license for it.
    > >>
    > >> Does any one have any suggestions what I might do?

    > >Are you using any of your com-ports, execpt for the modem?

    > Only the modem uses a Com port and it is on Com 2, believe it or not,

    according
    > to Control panel.
    > >
    > >> Also is anyone willing to let me have a replacement installer CD for

    3.2a?

    > >Yep, sure, but I live a long way from you, perhaps some one nearer can

    help
    > >you out?

    > I was hoping that someone with a high speed internet access might send it

    as an
    > attachment. But I would be happy to pay mail costs from overseas.
    >
    > Dick

  4. Re: 3.2a & Win 98 problem

    In article <5Rb2b.249606$uu5.55384@sccrnsc04>, "Bob"
    writes:

    >I could send it as several attachments if you would like.

    Thanks, Bob.

    It works like a charm.

    Dick

+ Reply to Thread