Re: New Deal Mystery file - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: New Deal Mystery file - GEOS ; On 21 Aug 2003 20:33:58 GMT, rcantrell@aol.com (RCantrell) wrote: >I have found a mystery zipped download which I cannot open because it requires >a password which I do not have. Its name is > >ndsr32a > >The list of included ...

  1. Re: New Deal Mystery file

    On 21 Aug 2003 20:33:58 GMT, rcantrell@aol.com (RCantrell) wrote:

    >I have found a mystery zipped download which I cannot open because it requires
    >a password which I do not have. Its name is
    >
    >ndsr32a
    >
    >The list of included files makes it clear that it is a set of installer files
    >for a version of New Deal. Because of its name I assume it is version 3.2a.

    How big is the ZIP? The whole install would be around 10 MB.

    I think there was an upgrade for registered users of 3.2 to 3.2a which
    included a couple of Net apps and bugfixes.

    Holger

  2. Re: New Deal Mystery file

    In article <3f45e235.579897318@news.bris.ac.uk>, holger.laux@bris.ac.uk (Holger
    Laux) writes:

    >On 21 Aug 2003 20:33:58 GMT, rcantrell@aol.com (RCantrell) wrote:
    >
    >>I have found a mystery zipped download which I cannot open because it

    >requires
    >>a password which I do not have. Its name is
    >>
    >>ndsr32a
    >>
    >>The list of included files makes it clear that it is a set of installer

    >files
    >>for a version of New Deal. Because of its name I assume it is version 3.2a.

    >How big is the ZIP? The whole install would be around 10 MB.
    >
    >I think there was an upgrade for registered users of 3.2 to 3.2a which
    >included a couple of Net apps and bugfixes.
    >
    >Holger

    It is actually 11,632KB.

    Maybe the "sr" means "second release"

    Any ideas about a password?

    Thanks,

    Dick

  3. Re: New Deal Mystery file

    On 22 Aug 2003 13:09:01 GMT, rcantrell@aol.com (RCantrell) wrote:

    >It is actually 11,632KB.

    That's the whole lot.

    >Maybe the "sr" means "second release"
    >
    >Any ideas about a password?

    Can't remember. This was at the height of the betatesting, but too
    long ago...

    Holger

+ Reply to Thread