install new deal 3.2 on xp home edition - GEOS

This is a discussion on install new deal 3.2 on xp home edition - GEOS ; i get only the banner screen for about two seconds when i try to execute new deal on my compaq. any suggestions? tom...

  1. install new deal 3.2 on xp home edition

    i get only the banner screen for about two seconds when i try to execute new
    deal on my compaq.
    any suggestions?
    tom

  2. Re: install new deal 3.2 on xp home edition

    Hi Tom,

    We'll need a bit more information...

    1) Have you run NDO on this PC before with no problems and this just
    started happening, or is it a new install of NDO?
    2) What version of NDO?
    3) How are you running NDO? From Windows? If so which version of Windows?
    4) Tell us a bit about the Compaq - processor type & speed primarily.

    John ;-)

    TJGJ wrote:

    > i get only the banner screen for about two seconds when i try to execute new
    > deal on my compaq.
    > any suggestions?
    > tom

  3. Re: install new deal 3.2 on xp home edition

    I just want to fill in another question. Since you are using 3.2, are you
    aware of the free updated that will upgrade your 3.2 to 3.2a? If not you
    can download it from http://www.tvakatter.org in the update section. There
    is a upgrade patch and a upgrade bonus software.

    BR,
    Hans

    John Howard wrote:
    > Hi Tom,
    >
    > We'll need a bit more information...
    >
    > 1) Have you run NDO on this PC before with no problems and this just
    > started happening, or is it a new install of NDO?
    > 2) What version of NDO?
    > 3) How are you running NDO? From Windows? If so which version of Windows?
    > 4) Tell us a bit about the Compaq - processor type & speed primarily.
    >
    > John ;-)
    >

    > TJGJ wrote:
    >
    > > i get only the banner screen for about two seconds when i try to execute

    new
    > > deal on my compaq.
    > > any suggestions?
    > > tom

  4. Re: install new deal 3.2 on xp home edition

    Ain't it grand?

    "TJGJ" wrote in message
    > i get only the banner screen for about two seconds when i try to execute

    new
    > deal on my compaq.
    > any suggestions?
    > tom

  5. Re: install new deal 3.2 on xp home edition

    TJGJ schrieb:

    > i get only the banner screen for about two seconds when i try to execute new
    > deal on my compaq.
    > any suggestions?

    start it with the /log switch. The splash screen will not appear then
    and it will show you the modules it is loading. Maybe this will tell you
    where it hangs.
    You can also try the /nomem switch to disallow usage of XMS and EMS
    memory in case of incompatibility problems.
    Which file system are you using on your XP system? And with which user
    right you installed it and run it?
    And how fast is your machine?

    Grossibaer

    --
    Take a class. Read a book. Don't expect computers to be simple, because
    they are not.

+ Reply to Thread