Re: Good DOS MP3-player to be used with GEOS - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: Good DOS MP3-player to be used with GEOS - GEOS ; holger.laux@bris.ac.uk (Holger Laux) wrote: On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:09:10 GMT, Have you trid MPXPLAY ? Holger Yes, I did that in an early stage, I remember now. I was so focused on command line players that I forgot about ...

  1. Re: Good DOS MP3-player to be used with GEOS

    holger.laux@bris.ac.uk (Holger Laux) wrote:
    On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:09:10 GMT,

    Have you trid MPXPLAY ?

    Holger

    Yes, I did that in an early stage, I remember now. I was so focused on command
    line players that I forgot about this one. It is the best DOS player I have
    seen with an included GUI. I will continue to use it in the meantime. However
    there is one thing with many DOS GUIs, they look a bit coarse compared to
    GEOS. My idea was to find a command line player and then lobby for a GEOS
    front-end which could display the ID tags and from which one, one could choose
    individual songs to play or create a playlist.

    Sorry for the broken link reply. This happened as I by accident happened
    to delete your message. I have recycled your message from a different source......

    BR,
    Hans

  2. Re: Good DOS MP3-player to be used with GEOS

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:14:26 GMT, Hans Lindgren
    wrote:

    >holger.laux@bris.ac.uk (Holger Laux) wrote:
    >On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:09:10 GMT,
    >
    >Have you trid MPXPLAY ?
    >
    >Holger
    >
    >Yes, I did that in an early stage, I remember now. I was so focused on command
    >line players that I forgot about this one. It is the best DOS player I have
    >seen with an included GUI. I will continue to use it in the meantime. However
    >there is one thing with many DOS GUIs, they look a bit coarse compared to
    >GEOS. My idea was to find a command line player and then lobby for a GEOS
    >front-end which could display the ID tags and from which one, one could choose
    >individual songs to play or create a playlist.

    Read the docu for MPXPLAY. You can configure the display to show
    nothing at all (i.e. like a command line player).

    I have an interesting setup:

    A Pentium 133 box with a 20 GB hd and a soundcard. It does not have a
    keyboard, mouse or monitor. Instead, I connected an IR2PC module as
    sold on

    http://ir2pc.cjb.net/

    On the software side, I am running MS-DOS 7 with 4DOS 5.5 and a
    utility to make full use of the 20 GB under DOS. MPXPLAY does not need
    a GUI and is much faster without first loading all the file
    information.

    Using an extensive 4DOS batch file, I just need a tv remote control to
    operate my jukebox. Brilliant!

    Holger

  3. Re: Good DOS MP3-player to be used with GEOS

    Holger Laux wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:14:26 GMT, Hans Lindgren
    > wrote:
    >
    > >holger.laux@bris.ac.uk (Holger Laux) wrote:
    > >On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:09:10 GMT,
    > >
    > >Have you trid MPXPLAY ?
    > >
    > >Holger
    > >
    > >Yes, I did that in an early stage, I remember now. I was so focused on

    command
    > >line players that I forgot about this one. It is the best DOS player

    I have
    > >seen with an included GUI. I will continue to use it in the meantime.

    However
    > >there is one thing with many DOS GUIs, they look a bit coarse compared

    > >GEOS. My idea was to find a command line player and then lobby for a

    GEOS
    > >front-end which could display the ID tags and from which one, one could

    choose
    > >individual songs to play or create a playlist.

    > Read the docu for MPXPLAY. You can configure the display to show
    > nothing at all (i.e. like a command line player).

    OK, that sounds very interesting....... I will check......

    > I have an interesting setup:
    >
    > A Pentium 133 box with a 20 GB hd and a soundcard. It does not have a
    > keyboard, mouse or monitor. Instead, I connected an IR2PC module as
    > sold on
    >
    > http://ir2pc.cjb.net/
    >
    > On the software side, I am running MS-DOS 7 with 4DOS 5.5 and a
    > utility to make full use of the 20 GB under DOS. MPXPLAY does not need
    > a GUI and is much faster without first loading all the file
    > information.
    >
    > Using an extensive 4DOS batch file, I just need a tv remote control to
    > operate my jukebox. Brilliant!

    Yep, sounds very brilliant......something to put inte car......;-)

    BR,
    Hans

+ Reply to Thread