Where to buy a used Geobook? - GEOS

This is a discussion on Where to buy a used Geobook? - GEOS ; I don't mind the side issues; however, I do appreciate the Ebay link. Unfortunetly, the one Geobook has been sold and the seller emailed me she did not have any others. Are there any other sources to purchase a used ...

  1. Where to buy a used Geobook?

    I don't mind the side issues; however, I do appreciate the Ebay link.
    Unfortunetly, the one Geobook has
    been sold and the seller emailed me she did not have any others. Are
    there any other sources to
    purchase a used Brother Geobook?

    Like I stated in my first post, I am writing short stories and I work
    nights (11 pm to 7 am). Some type of used
    laptop (or notebook) would be good to take places because of the
    mobility of these little computers.
    I know new laptops are very expensive, so I guessed a used one (which
    I would load with Geos, if I
    could not find a Geobook for sale) would be useful.

    Any suggestions?

    -Dana

  2. Re: Where to buy a used Geobook?

    In article <538f8989.0308122022.5b5754ab@posting.google.com>,
    Dana Sindell wrote:
    >I don't mind the side issues; however, I do appreciate the Ebay link.
    >Unfortunetly, the one Geobook has
    >been sold and the seller emailed me she did not have any others. Are
    >there any other sources to
    >purchase a used Brother Geobook?

    There's another one on ebay. You can Buy It Now for $61.00.

    --
    Doug Taylor | Nothing real can be threatened.
    The Ohio State University | Nothing unreal exists.

  3. Re: Where to buy a used Geobook?

    << I do appreciate the Ebay link. Unfortunetly, the one Geobook has been sold
    and the seller emailed me she did not have any others. >>

    Here's one still showing on eBay as of my typing this note:

    Ray

  4. Re: Where to buy a used Geobook?

    Dana,

    Just keep hunting on Ebay and you might try Amazon. You'll eventually get
    what you want.

    "Dana Sindell" wrote in message
    news:538f8989.0308122022.5b5754ab@posting.google.c om...
    > I don't mind the side issues; however, I do appreciate the Ebay link.
    > Unfortunetly, the one Geobook has
    > been sold and the seller emailed me she did not have any others. Are
    > there any other sources to
    > purchase a used Brother Geobook?
    >
    > Like I stated in my first post, I am writing short stories and I work
    > nights (11 pm to 7 am). Some type of used
    > laptop (or notebook) would be good to take places because of the
    > mobility of these little computers.
    > I know new laptops are very expensive, so I guessed a used one (which
    > I would load with Geos, if I
    > could not find a Geobook for sale) would be useful.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >

    > -Dana

  5. Re: Where to buy a used Geobook?

    Hi Gang!

    I just purchased a Brother SuperPowerNotebook for $5
    (shipping was only $10), It is not as good as the
    Geobook, but it does what I need from it plus I can transfer
    files into my desktop computer.

    The SuperPowerNotebook came out in 1997 and was a cross between
    the Brother word processing typewriter and a laptop computer
    (notebook computer). It has no hard drive but has a Lithium
    battery for memory storage and all files are stored on floppy
    diskettes. It plugs into my desktop computer's inkjet printer,
    or I can put the files on the disk to my desktop and use conversion
    software that came with it to convert the Brother word processing
    text to either ASCII text or Microsoft Word document.

    I just need to get a rechargable nickle cadium battery for the
    unit (the only thing that was not included- AC power cord was
    included). Since this was a 1997 unit, I hope the battery pack
    is not hard to find.

    - Dana

    "Pat" wrote in message news:...
    > Dana,
    >
    > Just keep hunting on Ebay and you might try Amazon. You'll eventually get
    > what you want.
    >

    > "Dana Sindell" wrote in message
    > news:538f8989.0308122022.5b5754ab@posting.google.c om...
    > > I don't mind the side issues; however, I do appreciate the Ebay link.
    > > Unfortunetly, the one Geobook has
    > > been sold and the seller emailed me she did not have any others. Are
    > > there any other sources to
    > > purchase a used Brother Geobook?
    > >
    > > Like I stated in my first post, I am writing short stories and I work
    > > nights (11 pm to 7 am). Some type of used
    > > laptop (or notebook) would be good to take places because of the
    > > mobility of these little computers.
    > > I know new laptops are very expensive, so I guessed a used one (which
    > > I would load with Geos, if I
    > > could not find a Geobook for sale) would be useful.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?
    > >

    > > -Dana

  6. Re: Where to buy a used Geobook?

    I'd say you have wasted 500 pennies. (Not to mention wasting another $10 to
    get it there.)

    news:538f8989.0309031710.36cc480d@posting.google.c om...

    > > Dana,
    > >
    > > Just keep hunting on Ebay and you might try Amazon. You'll eventually

    get
    > > what you want.
    > >

    > > "Dana Sindell" wrote in message
    > > news:538f8989.0308122022.5b5754ab@posting.google.c om...
    > > > I don't mind the side issues; however, I do appreciate the Ebay link.
    > > > Unfortunetly, the one Geobook has
    > > > been sold and the seller emailed me she did not have any others. Are
    > > > there any other sources to
    > > > purchase a used Brother Geobook?
    > > >
    > > > Like I stated in my first post, I am writing short stories and I work
    > > > nights (11 pm to 7 am). Some type of used
    > > > laptop (or notebook) would be good to take places because of the
    > > > mobility of these little computers.
    > > > I know new laptops are very expensive, so I guessed a used one (which
    > > > I would load with Geos, if I
    > > > could not find a Geobook for sale) would be useful.
    > > >
    > > > Any suggestions?
    > > >

    > > > -Dana

  7. Re: Where to buy a used Geobook?

    Bob (and all):

    I don't think it was a waste of money. For what I need it
    to do, the Brother SuperPowerBook will do it. I have a great
    desktop, but I needed something portable (a small laptop) I
    could take different places while writing my short stories
    I hope to publish.

    My funds are limited, so I cannot afford an $800 or more
    laptop...unless anybody would have lent me the $800 ?

    By the way, nobody wants to sell a Geobook for less
    than $60. I don't have that kind of money to spend
    right now.

    By the way, any other writers out there?

    Who did you try to contact to get your stuff published?

    - Dana

+ Reply to Thread