Re: Off-topic question - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: Off-topic question - GEOS ; Thanks, Hans, for your lengthy explanation. I did use AdAware at first , but found another program that seems to be more thorough. it is called "Spybot Search&Destroy" and is available free ("donationware") from http://security.kolla.de/ (yes, it is in English) ...

  1. Re: Off-topic question

    Thanks, Hans, for your lengthy explanation.

    I did use AdAware at first , but found another program that seems to
    be more thorough. it is called "Spybot Search&Destroy" and is
    available free ("donationware") from

    http://security.kolla.de/ (yes, it is in English)

    I still have to call in somebody from our IT support to log in as an
    Administrator. The Gator program you mentioned is still active as well
    as CDilla and Codename Alwin.

    But I managed to remove a couple of others.

    Amazing what you can pick up without knowing...

    Holger

  2. Re: Off-topic question

    Holger Laux wrote:
    > Thanks, Hans, for your lengthy explanation.
    >
    > I did use AdAware at first , but found another program that seems to
    > be more thorough. it is called "Spybot Search&Destroy" and is
    > available free ("donationware") from
    >
    > http://security.kolla.de/ (yes, it is in English)
    >
    > I still have to call in somebody from our IT support to log in as an
    > Administrator. The Gator program you mentioned is still active as well
    > as CDilla and Codename Alwin.
    >
    > But I managed to remove a couple of others.
    >
    > Amazing what you can pick up without knowing...

    Yep! Good that you tried another one, too. Must try Spybot Search and Destroy,
    myself.
    Damn Gator!

    BR,
    Hans