Where to purchase used Geobook? - GEOS

This is a discussion on Where to purchase used Geobook? - GEOS ; I have checked Ebay and they do not have any used Brother Geobook (laptop computer) for sale. I am doing short story writing for a hobby and will want to purchase a used, inexpensive laptop notebook computer when I have ...

  1. Where to purchase used Geobook?

    I have checked Ebay and they do not have any used Brother Geobook
    (laptop computer) for sale.
    I am doing short story writing for a hobby and will want to purchase a
    used, inexpensive laptop
    notebook computer when I have the money.

    Does anyone know where else (other than Ebay ) I could purchase an
    inexpensive, used Geobook?

    -Dana

  2. Re: Where to purchase used Geobook?

    Dana,

    Whilst Sir John is being bitchy, let me help you get a Geobook from Trixie
    at a great price on ..... Yup, Ebay!!!!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4&category=177

    "Dana Sindell" wrote in message
    news:538f8989.0308061658.3f5b3519@posting.google.c om...
    > I have checked Ebay and they do not have any used Brother Geobook
    > (laptop computer) for sale.
    > I am doing short story writing for a hobby and will want to purchase a
    > used, inexpensive laptop
    > notebook computer when I have the money.
    >
    > Does anyone know where else (other than Ebay ) I could purchase an
    > inexpensive, used Geobook?
    >

    > -Dana

  3. Re: Where to purchase used Geobook?

    "Pat" wrote in

    > Dana,
    >
    > Whilst Sir John is being bitchy, let me help you get a Geobook from
    > Trixie at a great price on ..... Yup, Ebay!!!!

    I'm sure Dana appreciated the link, and that was nice of you, but ya
    could've done without the shot at John. If you want to take shots at John
    about a recent post, it might be wiser to take your shots in the
    appropriate thread instead of dumping bombs on innocent posters in
    unrelated threads.

    -Garrett

  4. Re: Where to purchase used Geobook?

    "Garrett" wrote in message
    news:Xns93CFE50372B5logicalboxhotmailcom@206.127.4 .25...

    > I'm sure Dana appreciated the link, and that was nice of you,

    Thank You. I rarely get praise for the good that I do around here.

    > but ya could've done without the shot at John. If you want to take shots

    at John
    > about a recent post, it might be wiser to take your shots in the
    > appropriate thread instead of dumping bombs on innocent posters in
    > unrelated threads.

    My comment seemed appropriate, to me, at the time I made it. Its not like
    John gets inundated with GEOS help related questions on COGM. We had a nice
    quiet spell of normalcy around here. Which means no GEOS news, as usual, and
    a trickle of same-old posts. And along comes Sir John with an
    unprovoked cheap shot at Brother Bob, who is a long term poster with a
    proven history for helping a lot of users over the years. I'm sorry if this
    stings but it was not necessary and completely undignified for a support
    maven to unleash, out of the blue. Especially when I've been a co-target of
    an unsolicited diatribe.

  5. Re: Where to purchase used Geobook?

    "Pat" wrote in message

    > And along comes Sir John with an
    > unprovoked cheap shot at Brother Bob, who is a long term poster with a
    > proven history for helping a lot of users over the years.

    Really? I musta missed it. What post was it?

  6. Re: Where to purchase used Geobook?

    Its the first reply to your thread announcing the installer bug. Geeeez, I
    guess the natives are really sensitive to any GEOS faux pas being discussed
    in this ng. Its definitely a double standard around here. Hmmmmm, it kind of
    makes you wonder how many less obvious problems exist that have been,
    errrrr, swept under the rug, so to speak!

    "Bob" wrote in message
    > "Pat" wrote in message
    >
    > > And along comes Sir John with an
    > > unprovoked cheap shot at Brother Bob, who is a long term poster with a
    > > proven history for helping a lot of users over the years.

    > Really? I musta missed it. What post was it?

  7. Re: Where to purchase used Geobook?

    "Pat" wrote in

    > "Garrett" wrote in message
    > news:Xns93CFE50372B5logicalboxhotmailcom@206.127.4 .25...
    >
    >> I'm sure Dana appreciated the link, and that was nice of you,

    > Thank You. I rarely get praise for the good that I do around here.

    Does anyone ever? ;-)

    >> but ya could've done without the shot at John. If you want to take
    >> shots

    > at John
    >> about a recent post, it might be wiser to take your shots in the
    >> appropriate thread instead of dumping bombs on innocent posters in
    >> unrelated threads.

    > My comment seemed appropriate, to me, at the time I made it. Its not
    > like John gets inundated with GEOS help related questions on COGM. We

    And I'm not saying it wasn't appropriate. I'm just saying that it may have
    been dropped into the wrong thread, more so because the only poster in the
    thread was Dana, and John wasn't even in this thread. Kind of like going
    to Bob's house to borrow some butter from John. See where I'm coming from?

    Well, anyway, enough babble from me. :-)

    -Garrett

  8. Re: Where to purchase used Geobook?

    Garrett wrote:
    > "Pat" wrote in
    >
    > > "Garrett" wrote in message
    > > news:Xns93CFE50372B5logicalboxhotmailcom@206.127.4 .25...
    > >
    > >> I'm sure Dana appreciated the link, and that was nice of you,

    > > Thank You. I rarely get praise for the good that I do around here.

    > Does anyone ever? ;-)
    >
    > >> but ya could've done without the shot at John. If you want to take
    > >> shots

    > > at John
    > >> about a recent post, it might be wiser to take your shots in the
    > >> appropriate thread instead of dumping bombs on innocent posters in
    > >> unrelated threads.

    > > My comment seemed appropriate, to me, at the time I made it. Its not
    > > like John gets inundated with GEOS help related questions on COGM. We

    > And I'm not saying it wasn't appropriate. I'm just saying that it may

    have
    > been dropped into the wrong thread, more so because the only poster in

    the
    > thread was Dana, and John wasn't even in this thread. Kind of like going
    > to Bob's house to borrow some butter from John. See where I'm coming

    from?

    > Well, anyway, enough babble from me. :-)

    Well, you are welcomed, no problem here. Human communication always includes
    some degree of confusion ;-)

    BR,
    Hans

  9. Re: Where to purchase used Geobook?

    "Garrett" wrote in message
    news:Xns93D1153E6DCEClogicalboxhotmailcom@206.127. 4.25...

    > And I'm not saying it wasn't appropriate. I'm just saying that it may

    have
    > been dropped into the wrong thread, more so because the only poster in the
    > thread was Dana, and John wasn't even in this thread. Kind of like going
    > to Bob's house to borrow some butter from John. See where I'm coming

    from?

    Good point!

+ Reply to Thread