Old & Tired Apps From BBX - GEOS

This is a discussion on Old & Tired Apps From BBX - GEOS ; http://breadbox.com/desklist.asp Americas Clock What Time Is It?!? Know what time it is here, there and everywhere (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless) Arcade Pack 4 action-packed arcade type games that will keep you busy for hours! (WOW!!!, 10 years old ...

  1. Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    http://breadbox.com/desklist.asp

    Americas Clock What Time Is It?!? Know what time it is here, there and
    everywhere (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless)

    Arcade Pack 4 action-packed arcade type games that will keep you busy for
    hours! (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless)

    Backgammon Here's the one you've been waiting for! Play against another
    player or play against the computer. Doubling cube option. Sound option.
    Check it out! (SOUND OPTION!!!! Whew!!!!...(WOW!!!, 10 years old and
    useless)

    Banker 3.0 Checkbook tracking made easy. Reports, check printing and lots
    more. (WOW!! And totally integrated to on-line banking I bet!!!)

    Bindery Create e-Books (electronic books) with this great tool! Great for
    teachers! Free GeoCon 3.0 and Video Power Pack with every order! (Yeah
    baby!!! Millions sold) (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless)

    CD Player Listen to music CDs on your computer with this highly
    configurable CD Player (WOW!!!, 5 plus years old) (And what GEOS PC needs a
    CD?)

    Directory Lister List and print directories of files. Great for listing
    files on a diskette (WOW!!!, Try a DIR command)

    File Finder Locate those misplaced files with File Finder (WOW!!!, Try a
    DIR command) - (Hey wait....can't GeoManger find files?????)

    FM Stereo Radio Listen and operate this hardware/software combination from
    within Ensemble/New Deal (Yippie!) (TONS of free FM-Tuners on the Internet
    that work with all Tuner cards, not just one)

    Folder Editor 1.0 Add pizazz to your bland folder icons with Folder
    Editor. Includes Token Loader and token paks free! (Cute...useless and cute.
    Your folder can have pretty pictures!!!)

    FontMagick Customized effects are a breeze with this application (A joke
    compared to what's out there and 10 years old)

    Fonts Fonts, fonts and more fonts....35 cool fonts to make your documents
    stand out from the crowd! (Wow FREE fonts you pay for! and 10 years old)

    FTP Breadbox FTP, the one you've been waiting for is finally here! Now you
    can upload and downlaod files, folders and web pages with a native Geos FTP
    client from Breadbox. (On baby...GEOS in the 21st century!!!)

    Game Pack 1 Five games for fun and entertainment. (WOW!!!, 10 years old and
    useless)

    Game Pack 2 Five challenging games of strategy (WOW!!!, 10 years old and
    useless)

    GeoCon 3.0 Customize New Deal Office and Geoworks Ensemble to the way you
    work (LOL!!! GEOS users..why would u pay for this??? It's included for
    free!!!, and 10 years old)

    Gourmet Access your favorite recipes and more in this custom database
    application (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless)

    Graphics Viewer View various graphics formats with Graphics Viewer,
    including thumbnails (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless) (FREE in Windows

    GS Camera Create snapshots or digital movies with GS Camera and your
    GrayScale QuickCam! (WOW!!!! GRAYSCALE!!!! Whoopie!!!!!)

    Home Automation Automate your lights and appliances with this very cool
    new app! (hardware not included) (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless)

    Home Inventory Plus! Keep records of what you own, for emergencies. This
    app makes it easy (In case you can't figure out GeoCalc????) (You can do it
    yourself for free!!)

    HomeBase The first "easy to use" user-definable database application for
    Ensemble/New Deal users (In case you can't figure out GeoCalc????) (You can
    do it yourself for free!!)

    Instant Messenger Chat with other BIM (Breadbox Instant Messenger) users
    or with your AOL buddies or AIM friends, family and associates! (Just what
    the world needs another IM app, and this one u gotta pay for!)

    IRC Chat A greatly enhanced version of our free MeetingRoom Internet Relay
    Chat application for GEOS 3.0. users (Yeah baby...use it every Sunday night
    for the bbx channel!!! LOL!!!!)

    Macro Recorder A cool utility that allows you to conveniently and easily
    create a Macro and save it for later use. (Why?)

    The Vault A cool utility to keep your private information private. (You
    mean encryption?

    Time Tool Need a musical attention getter? This app plays .wav files, sets
    alarms and more (On BOY!!! Little noises!!!!) Very Productive.

    Video Power Pack Increase the resolution that Geoworks Ensemble, Bindery,
    and New Deal Office (older versions lacking Breadbox video drivers) can
    display on your monitor. (Unless your using Geos 2.x or below..don't need
    it, included)

    WebBox HTML Editor Create or edit web pages in New Deal Office or Geoworks
    Ensemble (LOL!) (A JOKE!)

    Word Matcher Use this handy little tool to help you solve crossword
    puzzles, word games, or it can even be used as a spell-checker without
    having to open another application. (Another GREAT value app... for all
    those 1,000's of GEOS crossword puzzles!)

    They just keep selling the same old tired apps year, after year. They don't
    update 'em either, and several of them are in GEOS 3.x and above! BBX...what
    a cutting edge software company! 2 guys and a bucket.

    Of note also...there are several big typos on BBX's web page. You think
    WebBox HTML Editor was used?

  2. Re: Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    In news:cYYSa.114335$N7.15612@sccrnsc03,
    Bob wrote:

    Now Bob, lighten up a bit:

    | Americas Clock What Time Is It?!? Know what time it is here, there and
    | everywhere (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless)

    The Palm sites have dozens of apps just like this, so for some reason
    people seem to find them, if not useful, then marginally entertaining.

    | Arcade Pack 4 action-packed arcade type games that will keep you busy
    | for hours! (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless)

    Ditto.
    Hell, even I can't help dropping to DOS to play DOOM once in a while
    .

    | Bindery Create e-Books (electronic books) with this great tool!
    | Great for teachers! Free GeoCon 3.0 and Video Power Pack with every
    | order! (Yeah baby!!! Millions sold) (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless)

    Now if you could sync those books to your Palm....

    | Directory Lister List and print directories of files. Great for
    | listing files on a diskette (WOW!!!, Try a DIR command)

    C'mon, Bob - haven't you ever wanted to print out a list of your files
    or to search for duplicates? Even Norton used to boast about this one.

    | Folder Editor 1.0 Add pizazz to your bland folder icons with Folder
    | Editor. Includes Token Loader and token paks free! (Cute...useless
    | and cute. Your folder can have pretty pictures!!!)

    Isn't that an option with MS Plus Pak? The shareware sites have lots of
    icon and folder editors, and even XP has some rudimentary customization
    options.

    | FontMagick Customized effects are a breeze with this application (A
    | joke compared to what's out there and 10 years old)

    But damn cool compared to what you could do with DOS or older versions
    of Win31

    | FTP Breadbox FTP, the one you've been waiting for is finally here!
    | Now you can upload and downlaod files, folders and web pages with a
    | native Geos FTP client from Breadbox. (On baby...GEOS in the 21st
    | century!!!)

    Hey, you wanted internet connectivity, you got it!

    | Graphics Viewer View various graphics formats with Graphics Viewer,
    | including thumbnails (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless) (FREE in
    | Windows

    Not exceedingly helpful, since GEOS doesn't read the newer versions of
    those formats. But hey, it's something...

    | Home Inventory Plus! Keep records of what you own, for emergencies.
    | This app makes it easy (In case you can't figure out GeoCalc????)
    | (You can do it yourself for free!!)

    Again, very common on Palmware sites. Yeah, I use QuickSheet (a
    spreadsheet app), but not everyone wants to.

    | HomeBase The first "easy to use" user-definable database application
    | for Ensemble/New Deal users (In case you can't figure out
    | GeoCalc????) (You can do it yourself for free!!)

    Ditto.

    | IRC Chat A greatly enhanced version of our free MeetingRoom Internet
    | Relay Chat application for GEOS 3.0. users (Yeah baby...use it every
    | Sunday night for the bbx channel!!! LOL!!!!)

    Can't you use it for other chats?

    | Macro Recorder A cool utility that allows you to conveniently and
    | easily create a Macro and save it for later use. (Why?)

    A useful tool in Win31 that they dropped in Win95. I used to use that
    for doing spreadsheet stuff or form letter stuff.

    | Of note also...there are several big typos on BBX's web page. You
    | think WebBox HTML Editor was used?

    Bob, Bob, Bob - look the entire suite is 10 years old, and although not
    quite useless, it's rather long in the tooth and weak in the knees. I'd
    say that anyone reading these groups is well aware of the shortcomings,
    and there's little point in your beating them over the head with it.

    Tom

    --
    Tom

  3. Re: Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    I'm psyched!

    And what is the total cost be, if I were to buy one of each of those gems?
    And I agree, under Windows, you can find all those apps for free, some are
    shareware, too. But there are so many free ones out there, its not tough to
    pick a close equivalent or better for the time it takes to download.

    "Bob" wrote in message
> [...]

    > display on your monitor. (Unless your using Geos 2.x or below..don't need
    > it, included)
    >
    > WebBox HTML Editor Create or edit web pages in New Deal Office or

    Geoworks
    > Ensemble (LOL!) (A JOKE!)
    >
    > Word Matcher Use this handy little tool to help you solve crossword
    > puzzles, word games, or it can even be used as a spell-checker without
    > having to open another application. (Another GREAT value app... for all
    > those 1,000's of GEOS crossword puzzles!)
    >
    > They just keep selling the same old tired apps year, after year. They

    don't
    > update 'em either, and several of them are in GEOS 3.x and above!

    BBX...what
    > a cutting edge software company! 2 guys and a bucket.
    >
    > Of note also...there are several big typos on BBX's web page. You think

  4. Re: Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    Freebie apps for LINUX and Windows. $25 plus from BBX!

    "Tom Accuosti" wrote in message
    news:llZSa.15324$Mc.1150597@newsread1.prod.itd.ear thlink.net...
> [...]
    >

    > | IRC Chat A greatly enhanced version of our free MeetingRoom Internet
    > | Relay Chat application for GEOS 3.0. users (Yeah baby...use it every
    > | Sunday night for the bbx channel!!! LOL!!!!)
    >
    > Can't you use it for other chats?
    >

    > | Macro Recorder A cool utility that allows you to conveniently and
    > | easily create a Macro and save it for later use. (Why?)
    >
    > A useful tool in Win31 that they dropped in Win95. I used to use that
    > for doing spreadsheet stuff or form letter stuff.
    >
    > | Of note also...there are several big typos on BBX's web page. You
    > | think WebBox HTML Editor was used?
    >
    > Bob, Bob, Bob - look the entire suite is 10 years old, and although not
    > quite useless, it's rather long in the tooth and weak in the knees. I'd
    > say that anyone reading these groups is well aware of the shortcomings,
    > and there's little point in your beating them over the head with it.

  5. Re: Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    freebie 486 computers easily run geos apps..

    you have to BUY a powerful pc to run windows and linux apps, then buy a
    $25 dummies book to learn how to run it all, if you are lucky to get it
    all running..

    Bob wrote:
> [...]
    >>

    >>| IRC Chat A greatly enhanced version of our free MeetingRoom Internet
    >>| Relay Chat application for GEOS 3.0. users (Yeah baby...use it every
    >>| Sunday night for the bbx channel!!! LOL!!!!)
    >>
    >>Can't you use it for other chats?
    >>

    >>| Macro Recorder A cool utility that allows you to conveniently and
    >>| easily create a Macro and save it for later use. (Why?)
    >>
    >>A useful tool in Win31 that they dropped in Win95. I used to use that
    >>for doing spreadsheet stuff or form letter stuff.
    >>
    >>| Of note also...there are several big typos on BBX's web page. You
    >>| think WebBox HTML Editor was used?
    >>
    >>Bob, Bob, Bob - look the entire suite is 10 years old, and although not
    >>quite useless, it's rather long in the tooth and weak in the knees. I'd
    >>say that anyone reading these groups is well aware of the shortcomings,
    >>and there's little point in your beating them over the head with it.

  6. Re: Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    Jörg,

    You have to admit that Bob has made an excellent point. BBX has an amalgam
    of old software apps that looks and feels like seriously outdated products,
    compared to what is available for free on the Internet under Windows or
    Linux. Why the double standard, Jörg? If it was a Windows application
    software company, you would call into question the veracity of their
    development effort in the 21st Century. This "free lunch" mentality is so
    blatantly obvious that I'm sure that even some formerly loyal GEOS users are
    wincing.

    "Jörg Polzfuß" wrote in message
    news:f02d9333.0307220140.6114894c@posting.google.c om...

    http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&...p.os.geos.misc

    > Another thread started by Bob (Wow!!! Bob is older than 10 years and
    > still completely useless!)

  7. Re: Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    ***From: "Bob"
    Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2003 17:30 EDT
    http://breadbox.com/desklist.asp
    ***

    Looks like a lot of useful stuff. Use it everyday? Probably not. Use it
    periodically? Sure. BTW, basic arcade/board games will never go out of style.

    Chip Blank
    GUI
    GeoGrafix

    The GEOS Users International website is at:
    http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

  8. Re: Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    Hi!

    > You have to admit that Bob has made an excellent point.

    The answer is a clear "no" since he's repeating that same point over
    and over again for more than a year now: Outdated here, outdated
    there, ... . And it's a clear "no" since he's trying to piss off
    everyone who might create new apps for Geos - just take a look at his
    reactions in the threads concerning the SDK.

    BR
    Jörg

  9. Re: Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    Bob schrieb:

    [...]

    Well, Bob, your complaints and comemnts are about 10 years old now and
    were NEVER useful, neither then nor now. And you still ofer them to us
    with incredibly high frequency.

    So what?

    I'm sure, if you had to write pnly one of these programs you listed,
    they wouldn't be finished right now and advertised as the newest and
    best that will come in the next 10 (or 20) years. If ever.

    > Fonts Fonts, fonts and more fonts....35 cool fonts to make your documents
    > stand out from the crowd! (Wow FREE fonts you pay for! and 10 years old)

    ADAIK, these fonts aren't free and they are of good quality (compared to
    the typical TT fonts).
    The difference isn't visible to the untrained eye and mostly meaningless
    for use on a computer screen. But when tr comes to publishing, the
    differences are gigantic.

    And professional fonts are still being sold for several 100 buck per
    font in the printing industry.

    > Home Automation Automate your lights and appliances with this very cool
    > new app! (hardware not included) (WOW!!!, 10 years old and useless)

    The X10 technology wasn't on the market 10 years ago. It's coming right
    now (slowly, as it is expensive and considered a gadget and nor really
    useful by most people, but this is changing). And Home Automation
    (despite of a few bugs) is mroe useful than the Windoze software you get
    with the hardware from the Original Manufacturer.

    > Time Tool Need a musical attention getter? This app plays .wav files, sets
    > alarms and more (On BOY!!! Little noises!!!!) Very Productive.

    You never tried it, I can clearly see.
    Tiem Tool is selling good, and as the included copy tracker in the Nokia
    9210 version shows, it is considered worth being pirated in large
    numbers.

    > WebBox HTML Editor Create or edit web pages in New Deal Office or Geoworks
    > Ensemble (LOL!) (A JOKE!)

    Well, it's not worse than using a text editor for writing web pages
    (quite the opposite, it's a goot tool). And as you obviously do not
    know: the difference between a web designer and a good web designer is
    that the good one does not use any graphical tool, but knows HTML and
    writes the stuff in plain text, using a web browser vor verification.

    > They just keep selling the same old tired apps year, after year. They don't
    > update 'em either, and several of them are in GEOS 3.x and above! BBX...what
    > a cutting edge software company! 2 guys and a bucket.

    Why not offering the old apps in case someone still wants them? I was
    often disappointed when I learned that an old and for a certain purpose
    very useful utility was taken off the web and no longer available.
    It does not cost money to keep them.

    > Of note also...there are several big typos on BBX's web page. You think
    > WebBox HTML Editor was used?

    Well, just counting the typos and - more - the stylistic errors, it
    seems to be possible that YOU have created these web pages and someone
    else removed most of the mistakes.
    But it is interesting that you assign WebBox the power to create
    webpages on its own - without any human input (or else the errors would
    have been human errors and no reason to blame WebBox for them).

    But maybe someone used Word for the task and Word has (by default)
    censored and 'corrected' all these bugs into it.

    Grossibaer

    --
    Take a class. Read a book. Don't expect computers to be simple, because
    they are not.

  10. Re: Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    Jörg,

    Bob is repeating the same message because the same people are thick headed
    and clueless lemmings, goose stepping to the same tune and unwilling to make
    waves. They are afraid to say anything that would be mis-interpreted as
    being the least bit anti-GEOS, by the other extremists who would throw
    verbal rocks at your logic because it questions the authority of the current
    GEOS merchant, regardless of who that is.

    GEOS died years ago. Its body is like a puppet being manipulated by the
    puppet meister who wants you to believe its a live person on stage, not a
    puppet. The show is attended by the GEOS extremists who always applaud on
    key and boo anyone who shouts "Hey, that's a puppet up there"!

    "Jörg Polzfuß" wrote in message
    news:f02d9333.0307230459.5c61d881@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi!
    >
    > > You have to admit that Bob has made an excellent point.

    > The answer is a clear "no" since he's repeating that same point over
    > and over again for more than a year now: Outdated here, outdated
    > there, ... . And it's a clear "no" since he's trying to piss off
    > everyone who might create new apps for Geos - just take a look at his
    > reactions in the threads concerning the SDK.
    >
    > BR
    > Jörg

  11. Re: Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    Right, FrontPage is a joke. But that doesn't mean the BBX web thingie isn't,
    as it is. If you really look at the apps BBX has for PC/GEOS you'll note
    some very important things about all of them. They all are amazingly old and
    not updated, or, they are petty little frilly nothing apps, or they are now
    incorporated into GEOS since above version 2.5, or you could do it yourself
    with the DTP apps in GEOS. A really, really sad state of affairs. Tells me
    there are no sales so they just keep what they got and are happy with a
    dozen sales a year.

    "Andreas Bollhalder" wrote in message
    > Right, the good web designer knows all the HTML code and which combination
    > of tags have which effect in which browser... I worked for 2 1/2 years in

    > web company, inserting java code into static web pages created in GoLive

    or
    > Dreamweaver. This worked very well, because the designer had cleaned the
    > HTML code in a text editor.
    >
    > I also knows how code is looking produced by Frontpage... To clean it up

    is
> [...]

    > > It does not cost money to keep them.
    > >
    > > > Of note also...there are several big typos on BBX's web page. You

    think
    > > > WebBox HTML Editor was used?

    > > Well, just counting the typos and - more - the stylistic errors, it
    > > seems to be possible that YOU have created these web pages and someone
    > > else removed most of the mistakes.
    > > But it is interesting that you assign WebBox the power to create
    > > webpages on its own - without any human input (or else the errors would
    > > have been human errors and no reason to blame WebBox for them).
    > >
    > > But maybe someone used Word for the task and Word has (by default)
    > > censored and 'corrected' all these bugs into it.
    > >
    > > Grossibaer
    > >
    > > --
    > > Take a class. Read a book. Don't expect computers to be simple, because

  12. Re: Old & Tired Apps From BBX

    Hi!

    > Bob is repeating the same message because...

    .... he is either bored or stupid...

    > GEOS died years ago.

    So if Geos is dead - why are there new versions/apps that Bob simply
    "forgot" to mention? And why is he still here instead of leaving the
    dead ones rest in peace? And why are YOU still here?

    BR
    Jörg

+ Reply to Thread