Re: GEOS SDK - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: GEOS SDK - GEOS ; If you mean user friendly like Visual Basic, I would say no. As a matter of fact, it is not user friendly at all, it is just like any SDK. It is hard for any newbie to learn from scratch, ...

  1. Re: GEOS SDK

    If you mean user friendly like Visual Basic, I would say no. As a matter
    of fact, it is not user friendly at all, it is just like any SDK. It is hard
    for any newbie to learn from scratch, I wouldn't say it is impossible, but
    you have to work your way through. You have to learn C, in that respect maybe
    your experiences in coding Pascal, might help. You should start reading nt-tools.pdf,
    and then you have the other pdf documents.

    However there is also Newbasic, it is a Visual Basic like enviroment, you
    can download it at Två Katter:

    http://www.tvakatter.org

    Best Regards,
    Hans

    James Lawrie wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > For some unknown reason I decided to try my hand at geos development so

    > downloaded the GEOS SDK and C++ files from Två Katter. To my suprise they
    > seem to be zipped from someone's harddrive, not actual installable
    > applications so therefor I can't get them to function on my NT4 workstation,
    > and I really don't want to spend alot of time just trying to make it work.
    > So........
    >
    > 1. Is this the way it was distributed by Nokia or did someone zip it

    from
    > their HD?
    >
    > 2. If not, does someone have the original SDK program for download?
    >
    > 3. Also is this a program that is user friendly for the casual programmer
    > or does it require a Masters Degree in programming to use?
    >
    > I can code VB, dBase, and a little Pascal but don't know a thing about

    C, so
    > I would also like to hear from someone who has written geos apps with

    the
    > SDK.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jim

  2. Re: GEOS SDK

    "James Lawrie" wrote in message
    news:qp6Ra.103435$Io.8897500@newsread2.prod.itd.ea rthlink.net...
    > Howdy,
    >
    > NewBasic is way to primative for what I wanted to do.

    NB is a silly toy. It has more bugs in it then an ant hill.

  3. Re: GEOS SDK

    Do we have to scratch when we dug into it also? :-D

    Edward ,
    From a very hot Belgium ( 95°F outside, 107,7 °F inside the bakery)
    "Bob" schreef in bericht
    > NB is a silly toy. It has more bugs in it then an ant hill.

+ Reply to Thread