Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition - GEOS ; >> You cannot logically state the above -- regardless of how many Geos users there are...Simply using Geos (in any variation) in no way means that those users are: 1. Using this newsgroup 2. Are "vocal" even if they lurk ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

  1. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    << Once the word spreads, that list should easily be over 100 by this weekend.

    You cannot logically state the above -- regardless of how many Geos users there
    are...Simply using Geos (in any variation) in no way means that those users
    are:

    1. Using this newsgroup
    2. Are "vocal" even if they lurk
    3. Are of the mind to sign any petition - regardless of content

    (Absence of a positive does not prove a negative...)

    Ray

  2. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    Ray please. Jeez!

    "Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    > << Once the word spreads, that list should easily be over 100 by this

    weekend.

    > You cannot logically state the above -- regardless of how many Geos users

    there
    > are...Simply using Geos (in any variation) in no way means that those

    users
    > are:
    >
    > 1. Using this newsgroup
    > 2. Are "vocal" even if they lurk
    > 3. Are of the mind to sign any petition - regardless of content
    >
    > (Absence of a positive does not prove a negative...)
    >
    > Ray

  3. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    I've participated in, or monitored, GEOS forums on AOL and COG for years as
    well as COGM. This is the lowest level of participation and/or interest in
    GEOS that I can ever recall. Even an optomist eventually gets the grim
    message, as the majority of GEOS enthusiasts have long since departed. BBX
    is not doing GEOS exclusively, its a side show thing with them. There is no
    interest in GEOS beyond a handful of zealots who are dense in the skull when
    it comes to the world around them. Continuously living in a dream world
    devoid of all reality, like some denezen of an opium den, they are puffing
    on weed dipped in false hope. Aint gonna happen. Admit it, GEOS is frozen in
    time. A noble exeriment that turned into a disaster when it was abandoned by
    its parents. Not even being adopted by New Deal could save it from the Grim
    Reaper. GEOS reminds me of a dusty novel sitting on a slanted shelf in the
    back of a bookstore, purchased by the proprietor from a fire sale.

    "Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    > << Once the word spreads, that list should easily be over 100 by this

    weekend.

    > You cannot logically state the above -- regardless of how many Geos users

    there
    > are...Simply using Geos (in any variation) in no way means that those

    users
    > are:
    >
    > 1. Using this newsgroup
    > 2. Are "vocal" even if they lurk
    > 3. Are of the mind to sign any petition - regardless of content
    >
    > (Absence of a positive does not prove a negative...)
    >
    > Ray

  4. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    ***You cannot logically state the above -- regardless of how many Geos users
    there
    are...Simply using Geos (in any variation) in no way means that those users
    are:

    1. Using this newsgroup
    2. Are "vocal" even if they lurk
    3. Are of the mind to sign any petition - regardless of content

    (Absence of a positive does not prove a negative...)

    Ray
    ***

    Good points. What is more, GEOS is so easy to use there is little reason to
    even lurk in GEOS newsgroups more than once in awhile, They just don't need
    help much once setup and running.

    Chip Blank
    GUI
    GeoGrafix

    The GEOS Users International website is at:
    http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

  5. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    ***GEOS reminds me of a dusty novel sitting on a slanted shelf in the
    back of a bookstore, purchased by the proprietor from a fire sale.
    ***

    Pat, while the book lies idle, GEOS does not. It is being used.

    Chip Blank
    GUI
    GeoGrafix

    The GEOS Users International website is at:
    http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

  6. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    << Admit it, GEOS is frozen in time. >>

    Which is irrelevant IF it meets the needs of those folks who are still using
    it.

    << GEOS reminds me of a dusty novel sitting on a slanted shelf in the back of a
    bookstore, purchased by the proprietor from a fire sale. >>

    And if your "novel" continues to be read by some folks -- all to the good. :-)

    Ray

    >Subject: Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition
    >From: "Pat" hotpatpar@hotmail.com
    >Date: 7/8/03 7:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >I've participated in, or monitored, GEOS forums on AOL and COG for years as
    >well as COGM. This is the lowest level of participation and/or interest in
    >GEOS that I can ever recall. Even an optomist eventually gets the grim
    >message, as the majority of GEOS enthusiasts have long since departed. BBX
    >is not doing GEOS exclusively, its a side show thing with them. There is no
    >interest in GEOS beyond a handful of zealots who are dense in the skull when
    >it comes to the world around them. Continuously living in a dream world
    >devoid of all reality, like some denezen of an opium den, they are puffing
    >on weed dipped in false hope. Aint gonna happen. Admit it, GEOS is frozen in
    >time. A noble exeriment that turned into a disaster when it was abandoned by
    >its parents. Not even being adopted by New Deal could save it from the Grim
    >Reaper. GEOS reminds me of a dusty novel sitting on a slanted shelf in the
    >back of a bookstore, purchased by the proprietor from a fire sale.
    >

    >"Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    >> << Once the word spreads, that list should easily be over 100 by this

    >weekend.
    >> >>

    >> You cannot logically state the above -- regardless of how many Geos users

    there
    >> are...Simply using Geos (in any variation) in no way means that those users
    >> are:
    >>
    >> 1. Using this newsgroup
    >> 2. Are "vocal" even if they lurk
    >> 3. Are of the mind to sign any petition - regardless of content
    >>
    >> (Absence of a positive does not prove a negative...)
    >>
    >> Ray

    Ray Kopczynski

    Geos -- The O/S for those who have simpler needs and hardware...
    http://profiles.yahoo.com/geoholic

  7. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    At the risk of being flamed here, which seems pretty common, I will say
    that my wife uses Ensemble 1.2 all the time, and was VERY upset when I
    had to take it off our computer because we upgraded to W2K and Ensemble
    1.2 wouldn't run under it. I had to spend a bunch of time to create a
    DOS partition with a dual boot option, plus do the tweaks needed for a
    fast CPU, then move GEOS over to the DOS partition, so that there would
    be peace and harmony in my family. Of course, now that Ensemble is
    back, I use it pretty frequently too.....

    Sure would like to have an updated version of Ensemble that would run
    properly in W2K without all the dual boot stuff, but I'll settle for
    what works right now.

    Chip Reinhardt

    Ray Kopczynski wrote:

    ><< Admit it, GEOS is frozen in time. >>
    >
    >Which is irrelevant IF it meets the needs of those folks who are still using
    >it.
    >
    ><< GEOS reminds me of a dusty novel sitting on a slanted shelf in the back of a
    >bookstore, purchased by the proprietor from a fire sale. >>
    >
    >And if your "novel" continues to be read by some folks -- all to the good. :-)
    >
    >Ray
    >

    >>Subject: Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition
    >>From: "Pat" hotpatpar@hotmail.com
    >>Date: 7/8/03 7:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >>I've participated in, or monitored, GEOS forums on AOL and COG for years as
    >>well as COGM. This is the lowest level of participation and/or interest in
    >>GEOS that I can ever recall. Even an optomist eventually gets the grim
    >>message, as the majority of GEOS enthusiasts have long since departed. BBX
    >>is not doing GEOS exclusively, its a side show thing with them. There is no
    >>interest in GEOS beyond a handful of zealots who are dense in the skull when
    >>it comes to the world around them. Continuously living in a dream world
    >>devoid of all reality, like some denezen of an opium den, they are puffing
    >>on weed dipped in false hope. Aint gonna happen. Admit it, GEOS is frozen in
    >>time. A noble exeriment that turned into a disaster when it was abandoned by
    >>its parents. Not even being adopted by New Deal could save it from the Grim
    >>Reaper. GEOS reminds me of a dusty novel sitting on a slanted shelf in the
    >>back of a bookstore, purchased by the proprietor from a fire sale.
    >>

    >>"Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    >>

    >>><< Once the word spreads, that list should easily be over 100 by this
    >>>

    >>weekend.
    >>

    >>>You cannot logically state the above -- regardless of how many Geos users
    >>>

    >there
    >

    >>>are...Simply using Geos (in any variation) in no way means that those users
    >>>are:
    >>>
    >>>1. Using this newsgroup
    >>>2. Are "vocal" even if they lurk
    >>>3. Are of the mind to sign any petition - regardless of content
    >>>
    >>>(Absence of a positive does not prove a negative...)
    >>>
    >>>Ray
    >>>

    >Ray Kopczynski
    >
    >Geos -- The O/S for those who have simpler needs and hardware...
    >http://profiles.yahoo.com/geoholic

  8. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    bob you are such an igfnorant boob.. i never said to spend precious
    geowroks or breadbox money putting geos on a cd inside a ceral box.. i
    said to get someone else to pay for putting geos on a cd in a cereal
    box, or to hitchike on a cd that is already being put in a ceral box..
    because there are 650mb on those cds, adn only 400 mb or less is often
    used...

    most who said it is impossible ot put geo s on a cd in a cereal box
    also said it was impossible to put a cd (meaning ANY cd) in a cereal
    box, however, for the past few years there have been lots of cds stuffed
    in cereal boxes.. most with aol or interent explorer on them, but none
    with geos on them...

    so we see, microsoft is the better hitchhiker... maybe bill gates
    raised his skirt to get a ride...

    Bob wrote:
    > Pat" wrote in message
    >
    >>"C BLANK II" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>***GEOS reminds me of a dusty novel sitting on a slanted shelf in the
    >>>back of a bookstore, purchased by the proprietor from a fire sale.
    >>>***
    >>>
    >>>Pat, while the book lies idle, GEOS does not. It is being used.

    >>However, when I see manifestations of GEOS extremists who think the

    > product
    >
    >>has a chance in the retail chain, or think it will someday be a big step

    > up
    >
    >>from what it is today, I have to raise serious questions as to the thought
    >>process of those who would believe that GEOS has a serious fuutre, beyond
    >>its current implementation.

    > Right! I cannot even conceive of anyone being so naive and so stupid. But
    > the proof that such idiots live is manifested here daily. To like, (love is
    > a silly term for binary bits), GEOS then go use it. But to think that GEOS
    > is currently being developed, (it hasn't been since New Deal went under, and
    > even then "they" were saying; "Just you wait, New Deal will be back! , or
    > that it will EVER be developed again, or that it will ever under under
    > circumstances hit retail, or that if by some miracle it does, anyone would
    > buy it, is so incredibley stupid as to boggle the mind.
    >

    >>Those who were involved in the petition, don't you realize that BBX has
    >>already officially answered it in the negative. No retail channel for

    > GEOS.
    >
    >>That's a take. Cut and Print. Of course, this will not stop the extremists
    >>and I'm sure that John's message is already being decoded as a YES, using

    >>special cypher invented by the GeoCrew in their Geo Bunkers. ;-)

    > Right! I LOVE it! The second reply to Byron's simply inane post about his
    > insipid petition was from the co-owner, chief cook and bottle washer from
    > BBX stating; "Forget about it!" I LOVE it! If that doesn't tell the
    > GEOSNAZI's where GEOS is at nothin' will! And sadly, it most likely won't
    > I wonder if these people have even taken Marketing 101? Even a freshman
    > business student wouldn't believe these fruitloops. GEOS in a cereal box!
    > Even after he's been told by folks like Steve Main, John Howard, that it
    > would cost MILLIONS of dollars to do that. Open source. Even after he's been
    > told by those say folks the problems and why GEOS cannot ever become open
    > source. Not to mention that even if it did, NO ONE would bother playing with
    > it! There is NO, NONE, ZERO, market in 2003, (and long before that), for a
    > real-mode, 16-Bit DOS-Based GUI that offers zilch for add-on apps, and zilch
    > for hardware support. I cannot conceive of the stupidity presented here.
    > What is frightening is that these folks have driver licenses, and vote! =
    > ; - 0

  9. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    Good post, Chip. You're a real gentleman to accomodate your wife's PC needs. Maybe you can coax her to use the Windows 2K platform in tiny amounts, she will become accustomed over time to appreciate its advantages in the 21st Century.

    Another point, if you don't mind. I am not sure where you got W2K, or if its used in a business or came with your PC, but Windows XP Pro, with SP1, is argueably a better choice. Right now, W2K Pro and WinXP Pro are very close in functionality, with W2K slightly ahead in enterprise networking. However, for the home users, I would pick WinXP over W2K, for its ability to embrace more Windows 98/ME applications. Its just a nit on my part, both OSs are excellent choices.

    Subject: Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition
    From: "Pat" hotpatpar@hotmail.com
    Date: 7/8/03 7:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time
[...]

  10. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    Howdy,

    Well I'm not a geos extremist or "GEOSNAZI" but I do use NDO 3.2a on my
    older dos/os2 based PC's I've restored. I know the anwser from BBX about
    retail packaging; but it would be nice if maybe they would bundle Dr-Dos and
    Ensemble together on CD and sell it from their site for say $25.00? I'd pay
    that for the updated Ensemble, but not the $129.99 listed on a Breadbox
    Distributor site.

    It wouldn't even cost them that much to do if they only burned CD's on
    order. If I understand the Distributor correctly that's how they do it when
    you pay their $129.99.

    And yes I do use Microsoft products on my newer PC's, but I like to go retro
    now and then and use the older systems with geos for fun - keeps my dos
    skills refreshed. ;-)

    Jim

    Ray Kopczynski wrote:

    << Admit it, GEOS is frozen in time. >>

    Which is irrelevant IF it meets the needs of those folks who are still using
    it.

    << GEOS reminds me of a dusty novel sitting on a slanted shelf in the back
    of a
    bookstore, purchased by the proprietor from a fire sale. >>

    And if your "novel" continues to be read by some folks -- all to the good.
    :-)

    Ray

    From: "Pat" hotpatpar@hotmail.com
    Date: 7/8/03 7:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time
[...]

  11. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    "Chip Reinhardt" wrote in message
    news:do4Pa.249871$jp.6945465@twister.southeast.rr. com...
    | At the risk of being flamed here, which seems pretty common,

    The flame level so constant that's pretty much the standard of
    communication here.

    I will say that my wife uses
    | Ensemble 1.2 all the time, and was VERY upset when I had to take it
    off our computer because
    | we upgraded to W2K and Ensemble 1.2 wouldn't run under it.

    1.2? Ya mean that you never upgraded to 2.1? I'm surprised at that; 2.1
    had some nice features without losing the neatness of the original. Why
    didn't you buy a copy of the New Deal Office that came out last year?
    I'm just asking out of curiousity.

    I had to spend a bunch of time to
    | create a DOS partition with a dual boot option, plus do the tweaks
    needed for a fast CPU, then
    | move GEOS over to the DOS partition, so that there would be peace and
    harmony in my family.
    | Of course, now that Ensemble is back, I use it pretty frequently
    too.....

    Again, just out of curiosity: what does she do with it? Type letters?
    Newsletters and such? It's just with the sheer number of Win apps that
    could replace it, I wonder why she never made the switch in, oh, the
    last 10 or 12 years.

    | Sure would like to have an updated version of Ensemble that would run
    properly in W2K
    | without all the dual boot stuff, but I'll settle for what works right
    now.

    | Chip Reinhardt

    I thought that there were some fixes posted here in the last year or so
    that worked with W2K and NT? Have you thought about upgrading the GEOS
    to ND? I think that might run better on W2K or XP for you. Geez, you
    know, I can't even really remember what 1.2 looked like? I probably have
    the envelope of 5 1/4" floppies up in my attic, though ;-)

    Tom

  12. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    I agree. But I think that $39.95 would be a fair price if someone wanted the
    DOS bundle. This would be a good deal on a retro PC.

    "James Lawrie" wrote in message
    news:52iPa.94115$Io.8097533@newsread2.prod.itd.ear thlink.net...
> [...]

    > Reaper. GEOS reminds me of a dusty novel sitting on a slanted shelf in the
    > back of a bookstore, purchased by the proprietor from a fire sale.
    >

    > "Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    >
    > << Once the word spreads, that list should easily be over 100 by this
    >
    > weekend.
    >
    > You cannot logically state the above -- regardless of how many Geos users
    >
    > there
    >
    > are...Simply using Geos (in any variation) in no way means that those

    users
    > are:
    >
    > 1. Using this newsgroup
    > 2. Are "vocal" even if they lurk
    > 3. Are of the mind to sign any petition - regardless of content
    >
    > (Absence of a positive does not prove a negative...)
    >
    > Ray
    >

    > Ray Kopczynski
    >
    > Geos -- The O/S for those who have simpler needs and hardware...

  13. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    Here are some cereal brands that would be perfect for GEOS CDs.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z48222A35

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?F29233A35

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?X2A265A35

    =
    > > ; - 0

  14. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    Hi, Tom,

    Well, to be honest, Ensemble 1.2 ran very nicely on Win98x, and I didn't
    see the need to upgrade. Plus, I liked Tetris in Ensemble 1.2, they got
    rid of it in later versions. With respect to the fixes for Ensemble
    under W2K, those fixes only applied to Ensemble 2.x, and wouldn't work
    for Ensemble 1.2, at least that's what I remember reading. I tried some
    of the fixes, but couldn't get them to work with W2K and Ensemble 1.2

    Why does my wife like Ensemble 1.2? Well, she really like the way
    GeoWrite works. She tried Wordperfect and Word, hated their complexity,
    and wanted to go back to the simplicity of GeoWrite. I was happy to
    accomodate.

    Oh, and my copy of Ensemble 1.2 is is on four 3.5" diskettes, not 5.25"
    floppies. I also have some additional diskettes for the optional
    Ensemble 1.2 font package and art packages.

    Chip Reinhardt

    Tom Accuosti wrote:

    >"Chip Reinhardt" wrote in message
    >news:do4Pa.249871$jp.6945465@twister.southeast.rr. com...
    >| At the risk of being flamed here, which seems pretty common,
    >
    > The flame level so constant that's pretty much the standard of
    >communication here.
    >

    >I will say that my wife uses
    >| Ensemble 1.2 all the time, and was VERY upset when I had to take it
    >off our computer because
    >| we upgraded to W2K and Ensemble 1.2 wouldn't run under it.
    >
    >1.2? Ya mean that you never upgraded to 2.1? I'm surprised at that; 2.1
    >had some nice features without losing the neatness of the original. Why
    >didn't you buy a copy of the New Deal Office that came out last year?
    >I'm just asking out of curiousity.
    >

    >I had to spend a bunch of time to
    >| create a DOS partition with a dual boot option, plus do the tweaks
    >needed for a fast CPU, then
    >| move GEOS over to the DOS partition, so that there would be peace and
    >harmony in my family.
    >| Of course, now that Ensemble is back, I use it pretty frequently
    >too.....
    >
    >Again, just out of curiosity: what does she do with it? Type letters?
    >Newsletters and such? It's just with the sheer number of Win apps that
    >could replace it, I wonder why she never made the switch in, oh, the
    >last 10 or 12 years.
    >

    >| Sure would like to have an updated version of Ensemble that would run
    >properly in W2K
    >| without all the dual boot stuff, but I'll settle for what works right
    >now.
    >
    >| Chip Reinhardt
    >
    >I thought that there were some fixes posted here in the last year or so
    >that worked with W2K and NT? Have you thought about upgrading the GEOS
    >to ND? I think that might run better on W2K or XP for you. Geez, you
    >know, I can't even really remember what 1.2 looked like? I probably have
    >the envelope of 5 1/4" floppies up in my attic, though ;-)
    >
    >Tom

  15. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    In news:QkmPa.255043$jp.7046573@twister.southeast.rr. com,
    Chip Reinhardt wrote:
    | Hi, Tom,
    |
    | Well, to be honest, Ensemble 1.2 ran very nicely on Win98x, and I
    | didn't see the need to upgrade. Plus, I liked Tetris in Ensemble
    | 1.2, they got rid of it in later versions. With respect to the fixes
    | for Ensemble under W2K, those fixes only applied to Ensemble 2.x, and
    | wouldn't work for Ensemble 1.2, at least that's what I remember
    | reading. I tried some of the fixes, but couldn't get them to work
    | with W2K and Ensemble 1.2
    |
    | Why does my wife like Ensemble 1.2? Well, she really like the way
    | GeoWrite works. She tried Wordperfect and Word, hated their
    | complexity, and wanted to go back to the simplicity of GeoWrite. I
    | was happy to accomodate.
    |
    | Oh, and my copy of Ensemble 1.2 is is on four 3.5" diskettes, not
    | 5.25" floppies. I also have some additional diskettes for the
    | optional Ensemble 1.2 font package and art packages.
    |
    | Chip Reinhardt

    Frankly, GeoWrite was the reason that I kept using GW for years after I
    went over to "the dark side" . It was easy to use, had lots of
    features, multi-column layouts, lotsa fonts, WYSIWYG-friendly (remember
    when that was important?). I did newsletters, menus, term papers, erotic
    poetry (I was single then), and could save things with loge file names.
    It was great!

    I managed to save the Tetris app and install it with 2.1, so I didn't
    lose anything. I used it on and off until about 5 years ago, actually.
    Word just aint as friendly for the stuff that I wanted to do. BUt my
    all-time favorite was Lotus' Ami Pro - a few steps above GW in
    functionality for the stuff that I was doing at the time.

    Tom

  16. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    "Chip Reinhardt" wrote in message news:UfmPa.255028$jp.7045161@twister.southeast.rr. com...
    Hi, Pat,

    I use both W2K and WinXP at work, don't see much difference between them, except I make WinXP run in classic Windows mode, can't stand all the eye candy and useless stuff in WinXP.

    Me too !!!

  17. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    Yikes! Erotic Poetry?

    Don't you know its verboten to get jiggy with GEOS! ;-)

    Why not post a few verses here in GOGM, it might bring back the Geos Crew.

    "Tom Accuosti" wrote in message
    news:4WmPa.40756$C83.3205408@newsread1.prod.itd.ea rthlink.net...
    > In news:QkmPa.255043$jp.7046573@twister.southeast.rr. com,
    > Chip Reinhardt wrote:
    > | Hi, Tom,
    > |
    > | Well, to be honest, Ensemble 1.2 ran very nicely on Win98x, and I
    > | didn't see the need to upgrade. Plus, I liked Tetris in Ensemble
    > | 1.2, they got rid of it in later versions. With respect to the fixes
    > | for Ensemble under W2K, those fixes only applied to Ensemble 2.x, and
    > | wouldn't work for Ensemble 1.2, at least that's what I remember
    > | reading. I tried some of the fixes, but couldn't get them to work
    > | with W2K and Ensemble 1.2
    > |
    > | Why does my wife like Ensemble 1.2? Well, she really like the way
    > | GeoWrite works. She tried Wordperfect and Word, hated their
    > | complexity, and wanted to go back to the simplicity of GeoWrite. I
    > | was happy to accomodate.
    > |
    > | Oh, and my copy of Ensemble 1.2 is is on four 3.5" diskettes, not
    > | 5.25" floppies. I also have some additional diskettes for the
    > | optional Ensemble 1.2 font package and art packages.
    > |
    > | Chip Reinhardt
    >
    > Frankly, GeoWrite was the reason that I kept using GW for years after I
    > went over to "the dark side" . It was easy to use, had lots of
    > features, multi-column layouts, lotsa fonts, WYSIWYG-friendly (remember
    > when that was important?). I did newsletters, menus, term papers, erotic
    > poetry (I was single then), and could save things with loge file names.
    > It was great!
    >
    > I managed to save the Tetris app and install it with 2.1, so I didn't
    > lose anything. I used it on and off until about 5 years ago, actually.
    > Word just aint as friendly for the stuff that I wanted to do. BUt my
    > all-time favorite was Lotus' Ami Pro - a few steps above GW in
    > functionality for the stuff that I was doing at the time.
    >
    > Tom

  18. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    In article <8LlPa.48712$3o3.3259510@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, "Pat"
    writes:

    >Here are some cereal brands that would be perfect for GEOS CDs.

    You got that wrong. Breadbox should use their broad experience with flour and
    yeast to pack cereal as a premium with each NDO disk......... :-)

    Marc

  19. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    Nope, they should bundle a bread with a breadbox and the CD baked into the
    bread, as a surprise ;-)

    BR,
    Hans

    Marco10684 wrote:
    > In article <8LlPa.48712$3o3.3259510@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

    "Pat"
    > writes:
    >
    > >Here are some cereal brands that would be perfect for GEOS CDs.

    > You got that wrong. Breadbox should use their broad experience with flour

    and
    > yeast to pack cereal as a premium with each NDO disk......... :-)
    >
    > Marc

  20. Re: Breadbox Ensemble Petition

    you forgot nuts and honey crunch..

    Pat wrote:
> [...]

    >>>business student wouldn't believe these fruitloops. GEOS in a cereal

    > box!
    >
    >>>Even after he's been told by folks like Steve Main, John Howard, that it
    >>>would cost MILLIONS of dollars to do that. Open source. Even after he's

    > been
    >
    >>>told by those say folks the problems and why GEOS cannot ever become

    > open
    >
    >>>source. Not to mention that even if it did, NO ONE would bother playing

    > with
    >
    >>>it! There is NO, NONE, ZERO, market in 2003, (and long before that), for

    >>>real-mode, 16-Bit DOS-Based GUI that offers zilch for add-on apps, and

    > zilch
    >
    >>>for hardware support. I cannot conceive of the stupidity presented here.
    >>>What is frightening is that these folks have driver licenses, and vote!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast