Hi Andreas,

Well, one thing I can think of is like for example the legacy ISA SMC8000
series NICs, which wants to utilize an upper memory area. I am not sure,
but I *think* it there was several areas available. That memory was used
by the NIC, and therefore not available to DOS nor GEOS through the EMS driver.

BR,
Hans

Andreas Bollhalder wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> thank you very much for this information. I'm asking me how great the
> difference can be between the drivers. You are the number one now !! Will
> see what others reports.
>
> To all,
>
> there is one point I forgot to mention:
>
> The count of the network buffers. Are there other settings (DOS-ODI) which
> affect the memory usage of the ODI driver ?
>
> Andreas
>
> "Hans Lindgren" wrote in message
> news:NewsReader.1.0.200377121384718352@news1.telia .com...
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > Here is my report:
> >
> > NIC: CNET Pro 200 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
> > Driver: DM9PCI.COM
> > Used memory : 34'000 Bytes
> >
> > The LSL.COM version 2.20:
> > Used memory : 5'376 Bytes
> >
> > BR,
> > Hans
> >
> > Andreas Bollhalder wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi again...
> > >
> > > I'm interested in a list about which NIC DOS-ODI driver needs the

most
> > less
> > > memory and which are capable to get loaded high.
> > > For example, my Compaq DeskPro 4000 has an onboard ThunderLAN chipset.
> > >
> > > Used memory : 44'096 Bytes
> > >
> > > The LSL.COM version 2.20:
> > > Used memory : 5'376 Bytes
> > >
> > > Any other data ?
> > >
> > > I think we also could make a list about it and about sound cards too

> (like
> > > the fine SB16 or ESS18xx, which don't need any driver). I know there

is
> > > hardware compatibillity site for GEOS, but there is no data set

> especially
> > > for this information.
> > >
> > > Who like to help ? I will collect the data and present it with the

files