Re: Living in the past - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: Living in the past - GEOS ; Well, I did not say that dislike Windows, that is your conclusion. What I did say is that I service Windows installations, and therefore I don't "use" it in my work. I don't recall installing services, softwares, adding mailaccounts, doing ...

  1. Re: Living in the past

    Well, I did not say that dislike Windows, that is your conclusion. What
    I did say is that I service Windows installations, and therefore I don't
    "use" it in my work. I don't recall installing services, softwares, adding
    mailaccounts, doing software and hardware maintenance as something a normal
    Windows user does when using a system, in this case Windows. I would probably
    use Windows if I was a helpdesk support, but now I am not. However, I use
    Windows at home, just like I use GEOS, too.

    Hans

    Pat wrote:
    > Corection: You use Windows because IT IS part of your job. That's no
    > difference big difference between that and someone who does not like
    > Windows, has Linux at home, yet uses Windows to do accounting or billing,
    > for example. You use Windows to size, help, and Guide Windows
    > users.
    >

    > "Hans Lindgren" wrote in message
    > news:NewsReader.1.0.200374523461027440@news1.telia .com...
    > > correction: I don't use Windows at work........I service Windows systems
    > > of any kind or size, help and guide windows users.......
    > >
    > > Pat wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message

    > software

    > *required*
    > > > to do
    > > >
    > > > Do the higher ups bound and gag you to use Windows at work? ROTFL!
    > > >
    > > > Look, sometime ago I posted a reply to Hans and I know he uses Windows

    > > at
    > > > work so I specifically addressed that. I referred to people who elect

    > > to use
    > > > Windows at home, for example, for use not related to work. In those

    > cases,
    > > > you can make a statement and not use Windows at all. You have GEOS,

    you
    > > have
    > > > free Linux, and I'm sure that would be enough to get by. YOU DON'T

    NEED
    > > > WINDOWS TO DO OFFICE APPS OR SURF THE NET. Agreed?

  2. Re: Living in the past

    "Hans Lindgren" wrote in message
    news:NewsReader.1.0.20037600211921440@news1.telia. com...

    > I don't recall installing services, softwares, adding
    > mailaccounts, doing software and hardware maintenance as something a

    normal
    > Windows user does when using a system, in this case Windows.

    > Hans

    A normal Windows user easily does these routine tasks. They easily install
    "softwares", they easily setup and configure mail accounts. I'm not really
    sure what you refer to as:
    "hardware maintenance", or "installing services", so I can't comment until
    I know.

  3. Re: Living in the past

    Ok, I'm officially confused. You're say you're not a user, in the sense that
    you run Windows apps at work every day like most users of Windows, but you
    "service Windows installs".

    Question: Do your fingers press keys on a PC keyboard and, as a result, do
    Windows screens appear and disappear as you perform these functions? Is it
    part of your job to do that every work day?