Re: Living in the past - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: Living in the past - GEOS ; unable to see the gravity of this case. >> I have no problem with any AG declining to take the case based on its merits. What I *DO* mind are those AG's/departments who knuckled under after taking on the case ...

  1. Re: Living in the past

    << Most of the states, except for a handful of politically aroused AGs were
    unable to see the gravity of this case. >>

    I have no problem with any AG declining to take the case based on its merits.
    What I *DO* mind are those AG's/departments who knuckled under after taking on
    the case due to pressures brought to bear by their legislators and/or IT folks
    crying about the *potential* of massive cost issues the could *potentially*
    arise if folks were allowed to acquire open-source software. That is exactly
    the type of arguments here in Oregon that killed the opportunity for
    departments to pursue open source software.

    << But buying or downloading Linux is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Just do it and stop
    yakking about Windows. Do it and then I'll have respect in you! >>

    ?? I/we had it running on computers in my Computer Renaissance store -- along
    side of 3.1, 95, 98, ME, NT, etc... All goes back to finding/using the tools
    that do the job for you -- nothing more.

    << Keep mouthing off in a rant about being a victim... >>

    There you go again... Don't put words in my mouth! I use whatever software I
    deem necessary to get the job done as I wish to do and/or are *required* to do
    by higher ups. That includes DOS, Geos, and Windows in several flavors... (I
    saw zero advantage or improvement via Linux for what I do.) I'm nobody's
    "victim"...

    << Sound like a good reason to march on Microsoft headquarters with signs.

    Nah -- but we should eliminate folks who waste my profit $$$ by using it
    (Powerpoint) simply to make a presentation "pretty." I will freely admint that
    someone who is very *profficient* with Powerpoint can do it rapidly and
    effectively -- the average user simply wastes company time...

    << I think its just pure jealosy (sic). >>

    P.O.V. for sure, but I'm just shaking my head on that one. It's jealousy to
    use what works for me and appeals to me? I'm really struggling how that
    equates to jealousy...

    Ray

  2. Re: Living in the past

    "Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message

    > There you go again... Don't put words in my mouth! I use whatever software

    > deem necessary to get the job done as I wish to do and/or are *required*

    to do
    > by higher ups.

    Do the higher ups bound and gag you to use Windows at work? ROTFL!

    Look, sometime ago I posted a reply to Hans and I know he uses Windows at
    work so I specifically addressed that. I referred to people who elect to use
    Windows at home, for example, for use not related to work. In those cases,
    you can make a statement and not use Windows at all. You have GEOS, you have
    free Linux, and I'm sure that would be enough to get by. YOU DON'T NEED
    WINDOWS TO DO OFFICE APPS OR SURF THE NET. Agreed?

  3. Re: Living in the past

    correction: I don't use Windows at work........I service Windows systems
    of any kind or size, help and guide windows users.......

    Pat wrote:

    > "Ray Kopczynski" wrote in message
    >

    > > There you go again... Don't put words in my mouth! I use whatever software

    > > deem necessary to get the job done as I wish to do and/or are *required*

    > to do
    > > by higher ups.

    > Do the higher ups bound and gag you to use Windows at work? ROTFL!
    >
    > Look, sometime ago I posted a reply to Hans and I know he uses Windows

    at
    > work so I specifically addressed that. I referred to people who elect

    to use
    > Windows at home, for example, for use not related to work. In those cases,
    > you can make a statement and not use Windows at all. You have GEOS, you

    have
    > free Linux, and I'm sure that would be enough to get by. YOU DON'T NEED
    > WINDOWS TO DO OFFICE APPS OR SURF THE NET. Agreed?

+ Reply to Thread