Re: Living in the past - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: Living in the past - GEOS ; was so full of hot air that even DOJ insiders were smirking. >> No! -- You had gutless wonders in many states AG offices kowtowing rather than standing up for what was the right thing to do... the cash, then ...

  1. Re: Living in the past

    << The DOJ nit has melted away like an ice cream cone on a hot summer day. It
    was so full of hot air that even DOJ insiders were smirking. >>

    No! -- You had gutless wonders in many states AG offices kowtowing rather than
    standing up for what was the right thing to do...

    <<...if you bitch about Microsoft stealing your money and you still hand over
    the cash, then you are a blithering idiot! Go some where else for your
    computing needs. LOL! >>

    What an utterly inane statement Pat! I thought better of your language skills
    for sure! At least you agree that MS is stealing our money! That's akin to
    saying that because I buy gasoline I'm an idiot because I don't like it and
    should go buy gasahol, methanol, etc. Ludicrous! Because I *have* to buy
    gasoline (Windows) to be in tune with the mainstream, in no way means I have to
    like it -- even though current businesses require it's usage because their IT
    folks are total slaves to marketing as opposed to simply using tools that do
    the job for them.

    CLASSIC example (IMO) is the unmitigated WASTE of time folks have squandered
    using Powerpoint to make presentations "pretty" -- an utterly flagrant waste of
    productivity -- and we wonder why we (USA) is losing jobs to India, etc. in the
    IT field. Absolutely mind-boggling that we are continuing down this path...

    I will continue to use the tools that do the job for me -- having anyone tell
    me that I *have* to upgrade simnply because some marketing jackass has
    convinced the CEO that it's the right thing to do is an incredible waste of
    resources, productivity, and time. SHOW me how that upgrade will materially go
    to MY bottom line - period -- the rest of it is for caffeine-whacked gamers and
    has no relevance to the average homeowner-PC user for sure!

    RANT = Off

    Ray

  2. Re: Living in the past

    Pat wrote:

    > Look, this was virtually a one man crusade against Microsoft, Larry Ellison,
    > IMHO.

    he would have been wise to buy up geos, buy up all the propreitary code
    components in geos, then gnu licensed it all for free distribuiton on
    napster, kazaa, etc.

    he probably spent more $$$ on his mansion, and more $$ on lawyers adn
    governemtn bureaucrats, when it would ahve been much easier and cheaper
    to sow and tend to a quality, easy ot use alternative seed in the OS garden.

  3. Re: Living in the past

    it is one thing ot compete fairly in a free and open market.. it is
    another thing ot kneecap your competiors , threaten the market owner to
    not rent selling space to competitors, etc, etc, etc.

    Tom Accuosti wrote:

    > The manufacturers, however, should be free to come up with whatever
    > marketing strategy they want - that's called "free enterprise business
    > practice".

  4. Re: Living in the past

    LOL! Oh man such inane ramblings! Larry Ellison couldn't give a nanosecond
    thought to GEOS. Geez!

    "hyubso" wrote in message

    > Pat wrote:
    >

    > > Look, this was virtually a one man crusade against Microsoft, Larry

    Ellison,
    > > IMHO.

    > he would have been wise to buy up geos, buy up all the propreitary code
    > components in geos, then gnu licensed it all for free distribuiton on
    > napster, kazaa, etc.
    >
    > he probably spent more $$$ on his mansion, and more $$ on lawyers adn
    > governemtn bureaucrats, when it would ahve been much easier and cheaper
    > to sow and tend to a quality, easy ot use alternative seed in the OS

    garden.

  5. Re: Living in the past

    Boo-hoo-hoo. MS plays sooo tough the rest of us just can't compete. PLEASE!

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    > it is one thing ot compete fairly in a free and open market.. it is
    > another thing ot kneecap your competiors , threaten the market owner to
    > not rent selling space to competitors, etc, etc, etc.
    >

    > Tom Accuosti wrote:
    > >
    > > The manufacturers, however, should be free to come up with whatever
    > > marketing strategy they want - that's called "free enterprise business
    > > practice".

  6. Re: Living in the past

    So he can run Oracle on a DOS GUI program that can't address out of 1MB of
    memory?

    Unbelieveable!

    "hyubso" wrote in message

    > Pat wrote:
    >

    > > Look, this was virtually a one man crusade against Microsoft, Larry

    Ellison,
    > > IMHO.

    > he would have been wise to buy up geos, buy up all the propreitary code
    > components in geos, then gnu licensed it all for free distribuiton on
    > napster, kazaa, etc.
    >
    > he probably spent more $$$ on his mansion, and more $$ on lawyers adn
    > governemtn bureaucrats, when it would ahve been much easier and cheaper
    > to sow and tend to a quality, easy ot use alternative seed in the OS

    garden.

+ Reply to Thread