could geos use this to boot and run - GEOS

This is a discussion on could geos use this to boot and run - GEOS ; from a USB flash/thumb drive?? I plan on buying one soon, lookin for a bootable one to go on sale at fry's.. unfortunately fry's only puts the non bootable ones on sale.. http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10215...

  1. could geos use this to boot and run

    from a USB flash/thumb drive??

    I plan on buying one soon, lookin for a bootable one to go on sale at
    fry's.. unfortunately fry's only puts the non bootable ones on sale..

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10215

  2. Re: could geos use this to boot and run

    I think that GEOS can be run from the stick, because the BIOS of the
    computer will handle all read and write requests. There are two different
    modes the stick can be accesed. As a super floppy or as a hard disk. First
    try to boot from DOS only, because there are a lot of BIOS which won't let
    starting from a USB stick. If it doesn't work, look for a new BIOS. Also
    don't forget to put all often changed files to a RAM disk (swap file, cache
    from the browser etc.) because the sticks have flash memory which can only
    be written about 100'000 times before they can't be used anymore...

    Andreas

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    > from a USB flash/thumb drive??
    >
    > I plan on buying one soon, lookin for a bootable one to go on sale at
    > fry's.. unfortunately fry's only puts the non bootable ones on sale..
    >

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10215

+ Reply to Thread