Re: Living in the past - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: Living in the past - GEOS ; ***The compromised output from GEOS is not what the user paid for. You buy a 1200dpi printer and you want that resolution.*** Pat, Really? If 1200 dpi is essential, use Windows. I do. But that need is almost non-existant, since ...

  1. Re: Living in the past

    ***The compromised output from GEOS is not what the user paid for. You buy a
    1200dpi printer and you want that resolution.***

    Pat, Really? If 1200 dpi is essential, use Windows. I do. But that need is
    almost non-existant, since the 300 dpi of GEOS is very good. Remember that GEOS
    drivers were built on the high end, so 300 dpi in GEOS actually comes out
    looking better, especially in dot matrix.

    Chip Blank
    GUI
    GeoGrafix

    The GEOS Users International website is at:
    http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

  2. Re: Living in the past

    I have used 300dpi vs. 600dpi and I can noticeably see the difference in
    quality. And 1200dpi is even more of a difference. Resolution is an obvious
    ingredient that is an easy target but these printers have undergone lots
    more change in their protocols.

    "C BLANK II" wrote in message
    > ***The compromised output from GEOS is not what the user paid for. You buy

    > 1200dpi printer and you want that resolution.***
    >
    > Pat, Really? If 1200 dpi is essential, use Windows. I do. But that need is
    > almost non-existant, since the 300 dpi of GEOS is very good. Remember that

    GEOS
    > drivers were built on the high end, so 300 dpi in GEOS actually comes out
    > looking better, especially in dot matrix.
    >

    > Chip Blank
    > GUI
    > GeoGrafix
    >
    > The GEOS Users International website is at:
    > http://hometown.aol.com/GUIUSA/GUI_USA.html

+ Reply to Thread