Re: interesting... - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: interesting... - GEOS ; Actually, you are wrong here, Microsoft puts pressure on OEMs, they want statistics of every PC sold, including those without OS or a competetive OS installed. If you will not provide such statistics, you are down and out as a ...

  1. Re: interesting...

    Actually, you are wrong here, Microsoft puts pressure on OEMs, they want
    statistics of every PC sold, including those without OS or a competetive
    OS installed. If you will not provide such statistics, you are down and out
    as a Microsoft OEM. That's the fact. Previously they also claimed a license
    fee of every PC sold, including the PCs with no OS and the competetive OSes,
    too, but I don't know the present situation, but I will imagine it will be
    pretty much the same. Much wants more, as we say in Sweden...........

    BR,
    Hans

    Bob wrote:
    > One need not pressure them. OEM's LOVE the fact that consumers DEMAND
    > Windows on their PC's!
    >
    > "hyubso" wrote in message
    > > if msft software is so good, there is no need to pressure pc
    > > manufacturers to preload it on pcs because people will demand windows
    > > and buy it anyhow..
    > >

    > > what is microsoft so afraid of.. a buggy whip os like geos being
    > > installed on a computer?? Microsoft knows that geos is as useless

    as a
    > > buggy whip...

  2. Re: interesting...

    An OEM would not ever in today's market place wish to sell a PC not loaded
    with Windows. And yes of course Microsoft charges a license fee. What
    business would not? BBX doesn't charge if Ensemble is loaded???

    "Hans Lindgren" wrote in message
    news:NewsReader.1.0.200362640321321872@news1.telia .com...
    > Actually, you are wrong here, Microsoft puts pressure on OEMs, they want
    > statistics of every PC sold, including those without OS or a competetive
    > OS installed. If you will not provide such statistics, you are down and

    out
    > as a Microsoft OEM. That's the fact. Previously they also claimed a

    license
    > fee of every PC sold, including the PCs with no OS and the competetive

    OSes,
    > too, but I don't know the present situation, but I will imagine it will be
    > pretty much the same. Much wants more, as we say in Sweden...........
    >
    > BR,
    > Hans
    >
    > Bob wrote:
    > > One need not pressure them. OEM's LOVE the fact that consumers DEMAND
    > > Windows on their PC's!
    > >
    > > "hyubso" wrote in message
    > > > if msft software is so good, there is no need to pressure pc
    > > > manufacturers to preload it on pcs because people will demand windows
    > > > and buy it anyhow..
    > > >

    > > > what is microsoft so afraid of.. a buggy whip os like geos being
    > > > installed on a computer?? Microsoft knows that geos is as useless

    > as a
    > > > buggy whip...

+ Reply to Thread