Well, I can inform you that this might have something to do with the fact
that the server was placed in one of the server rooms in the twin towers,
or that there was a dependecy to a server, and there was no backup. One client
I work for used a service which was placed in the twin towers and it took
about a week for them to get the service online and there was no messages
given to what have happen. By tracing the IP numberings used and some detective
work we could assume what have happened. The sad thing was the lack of information,
as if it would have been passed, it would have created both understanding,
sympathy and some patience waiting for the service to go online. I sure hope
that Tom Doan is alive and well..........

BR,
Hans

Edward Nijs wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> that was fun , reading those old postings on GROT.
>
> Do you own a Zoomer? Never seen it in Belgium.
> When I bought my OGO, GROT wasn't there anymore.
> Although I like the OMNIGO ONLINE site the most.
>
> Strangely enough it went down on this very September 11, 2001!
> Never managed to contact Tom Doan afterwards. :-(
>
> Parts of the website are available, look at GEOS infobase links.
>
> Edward
>

> "Philippe Dallemagne" schreef in bericht
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just noticed that http://www.grot.com/zoomer/ (the famous grot) is
> > back online. Nothing new added to the site, but still I was sad when

it