Re: Living in the past - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: Living in the past - GEOS ; What on Earth are you even talking about? "hyubso" wrote in message news:3EF9501F.8050609@prodigy.net... > today i downloaded the latest breadbox geos demo adn it runs fine under > win98se on my athlon 2000+ with 756mb ram and a 160GB hard ...

  1. Re: Living in the past

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    > today i downloaded the latest breadbox geos demo adn it runs fine under
    > win98se on my athlon 2000+ with 756mb ram and a 160GB hard drive.
    >

    > and i never had to apply a patch...
    >
    > silly bob
    >

    > Bob wrote:
    > > Now now. It is well know GEOS suffers from the fast CPU bug, somewhere

    in
    > > the 800 MHz and up range. It won't even run on 2.5 GHz. Silly man!

  2. Re: Living in the past

    i was responding to your message that geos has a fast cpu bug and won't
    run on a faster than 800 mhz clone..

    can't you read???

    Bob wrote:
    > What on Earth are you even talking about?
    >
    > "hyubso" wrote in message
    >
    >>today i downloaded the latest breadbox geos demo adn it runs fine under
    >>win98se on my athlon 2000+ with 756mb ram and a 160GB hard drive.
    >>

    >>and i never had to apply a patch...
    >>
    >>silly bob
    >>

    >>Bob wrote:
    >>
    >>>Now now. It is well know GEOS suffers from the fast CPU bug, somewhere

    > in
    >
    >>>the 800 MHz and up range. It won't even run on 2.5 GHz. Silly man!

  3. Re: Living in the past

    Nope. The "fast CPU bug" is well documented and well know. 800 KHz is simply
    a starting point for it.

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    > i was responding to your message that geos has a fast cpu bug and won't
    > run on a faster than 800 mhz clone..
    >

    > can't you read???
    >

    > Bob wrote:
    > > What on Earth are you even talking about?
    > >
    > > "hyubso" wrote in message
    > >
    > >>today i downloaded the latest breadbox geos demo adn it runs fine under
    > >>win98se on my athlon 2000+ with 756mb ram and a 160GB hard drive.
    > >>

    > >>and i never had to apply a patch...
    > >>
    > >>silly bob

    > > in

  4. Re: Living in the past

    You'd have to ask John. I'm sure he'd be surprise that your Athlon 2 GHz
    doesn't affect Ensemble.

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    > then why does ensemble lite run on my athlon 2000+ under win98?? has
    > breadbox updated geos???

  5. Re: Living in the past

    yeah, i just got done running ensemble lite again under win98se.. it
    loads fine.. i can use geowrite, the calendar, run perf.. perf says my
    athlon is 3774.6 times faster than a base xt.

    is breadbox lite supposed to not run on my fast athlon 2000+??

    what are the symptoms of the fast cpu bug you are talking about?? can
    you point me to the documentation of it?????

    i have not run an older version of geos on this pc since i upgraded it..
    will try that soon.

    Bob wrote:
    > You'd have to ask John. I'm sure he'd be surprise that your Athlon 2 GHz
    > doesn't affect Ensemble.
    >
    > "hyubso" wrote in message
    >
    >>then why does ensemble lite run on my athlon 2000+ under win98?? has
    >>breadbox updated geos???

  6. Re: Living in the past

    "hyubso" wrote in message

    > what are the symptoms of the fast cpu bug you are talking about??

    Duh! It don't run! D'OH!

    >can
    > you point me to the documentation of it?????

    You follow this newsgroup? You'll find many posts there? You may also check
    tvakatter.com. Funny I'd have to tell such a staunch supporter of a dead GUI
    such things?

  7. Re: Living in the past

    Bob wrote:
    > "hyubso" wrote in message
    >
    >>what are the symptoms of the fast cpu bug you are talking about??

    > Duh! It don't run! D'OH!

    but ensemble lite runs on my athlon 2000+.. so what are you talking
    about??? if it runs it runs.. please clarif what you mean by geos
    having a fast cpu bug.

    >>can
    >>you point me to the documentation of it?????

    > You follow this newsgroup? You'll find many posts there? You may also check
    > tvakatter.com. Funny I'd have to tell such a staunch supporter of a dead GUI
    > such things?

    why not be a friend adn do it for me since you know about it and i don't.

    i would do the same for you..

  8. Re: Living in the past

    Go read the articles.

    "hyubso" wrote in message

    > Bob wrote:
    > > "hyubso" wrote in message
    > >
    > >>what are the symptoms of the fast cpu bug you are talking about??

    > > Duh! It don't run! D'OH!
    > >

    > but ensemble lite runs on my athlon 2000+.. so what are you talking
    > about??? if it runs it runs.. please clarif what you mean by geos
    > having a fast cpu bug.
    >

    > >>can
    > >>you point me to the documentation of it?????

    > > You follow this newsgroup? You'll find many posts there? You may also

    check
    > > tvakatter.com. Funny I'd have to tell such a staunch supporter of a dead

    GUI
    > > such things?
    > >

    > why not be a friend adn do it for me since you know about it and i don't.
    >
    > i would do the same for you..

  9. Re: Living in the past

    You do know how to search this very newsgroup for past articles? Probably
    not. And I already told you about tvakatters forum's. I know you're just
    trying to be a wise ass, but really your coming across as a dumb ass.

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    > what articles? please be a friend and post a link..
    >

    > Bob wrote:
    > > Go read the articles.
    > >
    > > "hyubso" wrote in message

    > >>but ensemble lite runs on my athlon 2000+.. so what are you talking
    > >>about??? if it runs it runs.. please clarif what you mean by geos
    > >>having a fast cpu bug.

    > > check

    dead

    > > GUI

    > >>why not be a friend adn do it for me since you know about it and i

    don't.

    > >>i would do the same for you..

  10. Re: Living in the past

    Some asses are wise, others are dumb..... then there are those who are just
    plain!!!

    Kenj

  11. Re: Living in the past

    Bob wrote:

    > Which are you?

    I'm happy to report that I've worn all three hats at some point in my life
    ;-)

    Kenj

  12. Re: Living in the past

    "Kenj" wrote in message
    > Bob wrote:
    >
    > > Which are you?

    > I'm happy to report that I've worn all three hats at some point in my life
    > ;-)
    >
    > Kenj

    You and everyone else

  13. Re: Living in the past

    I think I know what hat you have on right now. LOL!

    "Kenj" wrote in message
    > Bob wrote:
    >
    > > Which are you?

    > I'm happy to report that I've worn all three hats at some point in my life
    > ;-)
    >
    > Kenj

+ Reply to Thread