Dosbox Printing Problems - GEOS

This is a discussion on Dosbox Printing Problems - GEOS ; Hi All, Thanks, I've got NewDeal running perfectly with WinXP by using dosbox. However, I can't print. I get a message saying printer is offline (which it isn't). My computer does not have parallel ports (only USB), and I have ...

  1. Dosbox Printing Problems

    Hi All,

    Thanks, I've got NewDeal running perfectly with WinXP by using dosbox.
    However, I can't print. I get a message saying printer is offline (which it
    isn't). My computer does not have parallel ports (only USB), and I have
    tried many settings with no luck. Any thoughts on this problem?

    Harvey

  2. Re: Dosbox Printing Problems

    On Aug 19, 3:44 pm, "Harvey" wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Thanks, I've got NewDeal running perfectly with WinXP by usingdosbox.
    > However, I can't print. I get a message saying printer is offline (which it
    > isn't). My computer does not have parallel ports (only USB), and I have
    > tried many settings with no luck. Any thoughts on this problem?
    >
    > Harvey

    Official DOSBox does not have printer support.

    Only the unofficial builds have printer support. Try posting over at
    the official DOSBox forums.

  3. Re: Dosbox Printing Problems

    Hi,

    select the "schlumberger color postscript"-printer-driver in Geos and
    print to file(!!!).
    In Windows rename the file to e.g. "test.ps" and open the postscript-
    file with Ghostview/Ghostscript (<- free programs!) and press the
    "print"-button in GhostView... and that's it.

    Harvey schrieb:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Thanks, I've got NewDeal running perfectly with WinXP by using dosbox.
    > However, I can't print. I get a message saying printer is offline (which it
    > isn't). My computer does not have parallel ports (only USB), and I have
    > tried many settings with no luck. Any thoughts on this problem?
    >
    > Harvey

+ Reply to Thread