Geos To Run In XP??? - GEOS

This is a discussion on Geos To Run In XP??? - GEOS ; Does anybody out there have a DEFINITIVE solution to running ANY version of Geoworks (NewDeal, etc) under Windows XP?? I REALLY miss the speed and simplicity of the writing program. Heck, Geos has features back in '92 that 'doze only ...

  1. Geos To Run In XP???

    Does anybody out there have a DEFINITIVE solution to running ANY
    version of Geoworks (NewDeal, etc) under Windows XP?? I REALLY miss the
    speed and simplicity of the writing program. Heck, Geos has features
    back in '92 that 'doze only WISHED it had NOW!! Just MHO. But I need
    the detailed info on editing the GEOS.INI file needed to run it under
    XP. Thanks. ;-Deano

  2. Re: Geos To Run In XP???

    Here in comp.os.geos.misc, Deano spake unto us, saying:

    >Does anybody out there have a DEFINITIVE solution to running ANY
    >version of Geoworks (NewDeal, etc) under Windows XP??

    I use OS/2, so it's hard for me to relate to the issue, but has anyone
    tried to run it inside DOSEMU or DOSBOX? Or inside DOS via VMWare?

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  3. Re: Geos To Run In XP???

    On 27 Jan., 04:03, Deano wrote:
    > Does anybody out there have a DEFINITIVE solution to running ANY
    > version of Geoworks (NewDeal, etc) under Windows XP?? I REALLY miss the
    > speed and simplicity of the writing program. Heck, Geos has features
    > back in '92 that 'doze only WISHED it had NOW!! Just MHO. But I need
    > the detailed info on editing the GEOS.INI file needed to run it under
    > XP. Thanks. ;-Deano

    Hi!

    Simply follow the instructions published by Breadbox:
    ftp://ftp.breadbox.com/public/geosinXP.txt

    BTW: Editing only the Geos.ini doesn't do the job under XP, you'll
    have to edit your config.nt, too (s. above text) ;-)

    Jörg
    P.S.: If you understand German, you might want to follow these
    instructions:
    http://geoswiki.acc.de/Geoswiki/inde...00_oder_Win_XP

  4. Re: Geos To Run In XP???

    On 28 Jan., 03:26, rstei...@visi.com (Richard Steiner) wrote:
    > Here in comp.os.geos.misc, Deano spake unto us, saying:
    >
    > >Does anybody out there have a DEFINITIVE solution to running ANY
    > >version of Geoworks (NewDeal, etc) under Windows XP??

    > I use OS/2, so it's hard for me to relate to the issue, but has anyone
    > tried to run it inside DOSEMU or DOSBOX? Or inside DOS via VMWare?

    Hi,

    here's a German instruction for getting Geos to run with sound and
    (inter)net in QEMU for Win32:
    http://www.geodb.org/index.htm
    Of course the generated QEMU-image works under other QEMU-versions,
    too, e.g. under Linux.

    Jörg

  5. Re: Geos To Run In XP???

    On 28 Jan., 03:26, rstei...@visi.com (Richard Steiner) wrote:
    > Here in comp.os.geos.misc, Deano spake unto us, saying:
    >
    > >Does anybody out there have a DEFINITIVE solution to running ANY
    > >version of Geoworks (NewDeal, etc) under Windows XP??

    > I use OS/2, so it's hard for me to relate to the issue, but has anyone
    > tried to run it inside DOSEMU or DOSBOX? Or inside DOS via VMWare?
    >
    > --
    > -Rich Steiner >>>--->http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner>>>---> Mableton, GA USA
    > Mainframe/Unix bit twiddler by day, OS/2+Linux+DOS hobbyist by night.
    > WARNING: I've seen FIELDATA FORTRAN V and I know how to use it!
    > The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

    Hi,

    Here you can find German hints and some downloads for running Geos
    under dosbox (for Win32 and MacOSX) and other emulators:
    http://www.geos-infobase.de/MAC/MAC1.HTM

    Jörg

+ Reply to Thread