Dos driven serial card readers that read SD etc cards - GEOS

This is a discussion on Dos driven serial card readers that read SD etc cards - GEOS ; I am putting together a webpage in WebBox and I can not figure out how to get a pic from my camera to the software. My card reader only works with Windows and is USB. I did not know if ...

  1. Dos driven serial card readers that read SD etc cards

    I am putting together a webpage in WebBox and I can not figure out how
    to get a pic from my camera to the software. My card reader only works
    with Windows and is USB. I did not know if there were any external
    serial or parallel card readers that would work with dos. I only have
    serial and parallel ports on my old computer. Also would a dos reader
    work with my global PC?

    I would like it to read SD especially as that is the card I most use
    with my cameras

  2. Re: Dos driven serial card readers that read SD etc cards

  3. Re: Dos driven serial card readers that read SD etc cards

    pazios2002@yahoo.com schrieb:

    > I am putting together a webpage in WebBox and I can not figure out how
    > to get a pic from my camera to the software. My card reader only works
    > with Windows and is USB. I did not know if there were any external
    > serial or parallel card readers that would work with dos. I only have
    > serial and parallel ports on my old computer. Also would a dos reader
    > work with my global PC?
    >
    > I would like it to read SD especially as that is the card I most use
    > with my cameras

    Hi!

    There have been parallel-port- and SCSI-card-readers with DOS-drivers.
    But AFAIK they're out of production and hence you can only get them
    used from eBay, ... .
    Nevertheless most USB-card-readers can be accessed with DOS-drivers as
    well.
    Or you can add a PCMCIA-slot to your PC and use one of those
    "memory-card to PCMCIA"-adapters. (Works under DOS, too, when you've
    got the dos-drivers for your pcmcia-slot.)

    But there's another method: There's a special adapter named "FlashPath"
    that allows you to enter your memory-card into your floppy-drive (works
    under DOS, too):
    http://www.jvcservice.com/store/Prod...art=CU-VFSD50U
    http://www.digitalkamera.de/Info/News/16/57.htm
    http://www0.epinions.com/Memory_Adap...loppy_diskette
    You can find them on eBay quite often for less than 30 EUR or US$ - but
    make sure to get the correct adapter since they only work with one type
    of memory-card and since there are at least three different versions:
    MMC, SD & memory-stick

    Jörg

  4. Re: Dos driven serial card readers that read SD etc cards

    pazios2002@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I am putting together a webpage in WebBox and I can not figure out how
    > to get a pic from my camera to the software. My card reader only works
    > with Windows and is USB. I did not know if there were any external
    > serial or parallel card readers that would work with dos. I only have
    > serial and parallel ports on my old computer. Also would a dos reader
    > work with my global PC?
    >
    > I would like it to read SD especially as that is the card I most use
    > with my cameras

    I'm not sure if this will help but this is how I do it:

    I run Ensemble from Win 98.
    Win 98 has all the drivers installed and it sees all of my USB thumb
    drives or digital cameras as Removable Disks.

    So, I insert whatever I need into the USB port, make sure that Windows
    sees it, then I run Ensemble. There, my USB drives show up as
    additional hard drives.

    Peteski

  5. Re: Dos driven serial card readers that read SD etc cards

    Panasonic has written a multi-purpose USB DOS-driver for their
    equipment. I have managed to get it to work with my USB-memory, which
    is not Panasonic, but Kingston. This USB memory will be shown in DOS as
    an harddisk, and it will also show up in Breadbox Ensemble 4.12. There
    is no plug and play, so I have to attach my USB memory to the USB-port
    before I start the DOS computer. So the same will apply to you, you
    will have to attach your memory card reader to the DOS computer, put
    the card into the reader, then boot the computer. Here is the link to
    the article about the Panasonic driver, the article also contains links
    to the driver:

    The download might be somewhat problematic, with japanese and all, but
    I have managed to download the file. Download the KXLRW40AN.EXE. Press
    the light blue button with dark blue japanese text to execute the
    download. Extract the file. Look for the F2H folder. This folder will
    contain the USBASPI.SYS file you need.

    Here you will find the Motto Hairu USB driver pack:

    http://www.stefan2000.com/darkehorse...S/Drivers/USB/

    Download the Mhairu.zip. Extract it and use the DI1000DD.SYS.

    You will have to load the two drivers in CONFIG.SYS. The Panasonic
    driver will scan the USB ports for devices, like external hard drives,
    CD-ROMs and different memory storage devices. Printers and such
    devices, WILL NOT WORK. Don't forget to add switches to the
    DI1000DD.SYS driver in config.sys. /H1 for the first device, and so on.

    Good Luck!

    BR,
    Hans

    pazios2002@yahoo.com skrev:

    > I am putting together a webpage in WebBox and I can not figure out how
    > to get a pic from my camera to the software. My card reader only works
    > with Windows and is USB. I did not know if there were any external
    > serial or parallel card readers that would work with dos. I only have
    > serial and parallel ports on my old computer. Also would a dos reader
    > work with my global PC?
    >
    > I would like it to read SD especially as that is the card I most use
    > with my cameras

+ Reply to Thread