farmalloc() and video - GEOS

This is a discussion on farmalloc() and video - GEOS ; Hi I have two questions: 1. farmalloc() doesn't seems to work. when I run this code: if ((p_felter = (felt *) farmalloc(4096 )) == NULL) return 1; it returns. If I replace farmalloc with malloc, it runs. Any ideas why? ...

  1. farmalloc() and video

    Hi

    I have two questions:

    1. farmalloc() doesn't seems to work. when I run this code:

    if ((p_felter = (felt *) farmalloc(4096 )) == NULL)
    return 1;

    it returns. If I replace farmalloc with malloc, it runs. Any ideas
    why?

    2. Does the standard C library provide some functions to copy an area
    of the screen (or video mem), or do I need to make the function
    myself? And, if I have to do it myself, how do I get access to video
    mem? I know how to do it in assembly, but not in C.

    Thanks...

    --
    Thomas L. Christensen

  2. Re: farmalloc() and video

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:43:28 +0100, Thomas L. Christensen
    wrote:

    >If I replace farmalloc with malloc, it runs. Any ideas
    >why?

    Ups, forgot to say, I compile in large memory model.

  3. Re: farmalloc() and video

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:44:50 +0100, Thomas L. Christensen
    wrote:

    Upps again. Wrong group... Time to a cup of coffee...

+ Reply to Thread