Access LPT2 under GEOS - GEOS

  2. Re: Access LPT2 under GEOS

    Hi,

    the following two NewDeal-techdocs might help:

    GEOS.INI: [parallel]
    http://www.geos-infobase.de/ND_DOCS/HOTTIPS/1614.HTM

    Printing: LPT ports, 7 5 BIOS or DOS
    http://www.geos-infobase.de/ND_DOCS/HOTTIPS/1806.HTM

    If this didn't help: Try Rainer's "Direkt Print":
    http://www.siemens.md.st.schule.de/~...b/DPRTSHOT.HTM

    Good luck,
    Jörg

  3. Re: Access LPT2 under GEOS

    Hi,

    the following two NewDeal-techdocs might help:

    GEOS.INI: [parallel]
    http://www.geos-infobase.de/ND_DOCS/HOTTIPS/1614.HTM

    Printing: LPT ports, 7 5 BIOS or DOS
    http://www.geos-infobase.de/ND_DOCS/HOTTIPS/1806.HTM

    If this didn't help: Try Rainer's "Direkt Print":
    http://www.siemens.md.st.schule.de/~...b/DPRTSHOT.HTM

    Good luck,
    Jörg

  4. Re: Access LPT2 under GEOS

  5. Re: Access LPT2 under GEOS

    Hi Andreas,

    yes, there seems to be some confusion about what number is DOS and
    which is BIOS in the Geos.ini. Anyway: it looks like the entry has to
    be
    port 2 = 1
    (Note the blank between "port" and "2"!)
    If the "= 1" doesn't work try "= 0"!

    If this still doesn't work:
    FORCING NEWDEAL TO SEE COM OR LPT PORTS:
    http://www.geos-infobase.de/ND_DOCS/262.HTM

    This might help, too:
    COM and LPT port recognition in GEOS:
    http://www.tvakatter.org/sdk/kb/id_221.htm

    Some DOS-programs:
    ================

    Parallel Port Detection and Test Utilities:
    ftp://ftp.lpt.com/parallel/PARA14.zip

    COM/LPT port redir. to any other port or file:
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/zon...t429/14080.htm

    Config COM/LPT ports: Show address, IRQ & UART:
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/zon...t429/14062.htm

    Port Finder: Display info/swap LPT & COM ports:
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/zon...t429/14076.htm

    PORTS.EXE, Permits reading and writing to hardware ports:
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/zon...t429/14078.htm

    Serial/COM and Parallel/LPT Port Finder 1.0:
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/zon...t429/33985.htm

    AdvanceCAB Hardware Port Input/Output For DOS:
    http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/doc-portio.html

    Some FAQs:
    ==========

    Interfacing the Standard Parallel Port:
    http://www.beyondlogic.org/spp/parallel.htm

    Debug COM/LPT ports:
    http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4309&

    Lesson 1 - Exploring Parallel/Serial Port Data Transfers:
    http://www.delmar.edu/Courses/ITNW2313/par-ser.htm

  6. Re: Access LPT2 under GEOS

    jpolzfuss@yahoo.de wrote:
    > Hi Andreas,
    >
    > yes, there seems to be some confusion about what number is DOS and
    > which is BIOS in the Geos.ini. Anyway: it looks like the entry has to
    > be
    > port 2 = 1
    > (Note the blank between "port" and "2"!)
    > If the "= 1" doesn't work try "= 0"!
    >
    > If this still doesn't work:
    > FORCING NEWDEAL TO SEE COM OR LPT PORTS:
    > http://www.geos-infobase.de/ND_DOCS/262.HTM
    >
    > This might help, too:
    > COM and LPT port recognition in GEOS:
    > http://www.tvakatter.org/sdk/kb/id_221.htm
    >
    > Some DOS-programs:
    > ================
    >
    > Parallel Port Detection and Test Utilities:
    > ftp://ftp.lpt.com/parallel/PARA14.zip
    >
    > COM/LPT port redir. to any other port or file:
    > http://www.programmersheaven.com/zon...t429/14080.htm
    >
    > Config COM/LPT ports: Show address, IRQ & UART:
    > http://www.programmersheaven.com/zon...t429/14062.htm
    >
    > Port Finder: Display info/swap LPT & COM ports:
    > http://www.programmersheaven.com/zon...t429/14076.htm
    >
    > PORTS.EXE, Permits reading and writing to hardware ports:
    > http://www.programmersheaven.com/zon...t429/14078.htm
    >
    > Serial/COM and Parallel/LPT Port Finder 1.0:
    > http://www.programmersheaven.com/zon...t429/33985.htm
    >
    > AdvanceCAB Hardware Port Input/Output For DOS:
    > http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/doc-portio.html
    >
    > Some FAQs:
    > ==========
    >
    > Interfacing the Standard Parallel Port:
    > http://www.beyondlogic.org/spp/parallel.htm
    >
    > Debug COM/LPT ports:
    > http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4309&
    >
    > Lesson 1 - Exploring Parallel/Serial Port Data Transfers:
    > http://www.delmar.edu/Courses/ITNW2313/par-ser.htm

    Hello Jörg

    First: It works !! I really have to read once all the ND tech docs...

    In my "AUTOEXEC.BAT" I call "DEBUG.COM < FILE" where the FILE contains

    e40:8 78 03 78 02 00 00 C0 9F

    This according to tip 262. Strange, that FreeDOS itself can print to
    LPT2 without a defined second LPT. The last "C0 9F" is definied, even I
    dont captured LPT3 ...

    GEOS can now print to the second printer out of QEMU. It's the
    PDFCreator printer in WinXP. Printing in GEOS, waiting a time and you
    have the GEOS doc as a the PDFFile...

    There is more to do. But my wife is now the priority one.

    Greetings from Switzerland

    Andreas

+ Reply to Thread