Global PCs on EBay - GEOS

This is a discussion on Global PCs on EBay - GEOS ; For no good reason, I was browsing EBay tonight and checked on GeoBooks and Global PCs. There were 0 GeoBooks, buts LOTS of Global PCs. Prices vary widely, but one caught my eye ... listed as BuyItNow! for (unbelievably) $29.95. ...

  1. Global PCs on EBay

    For no good reason, I was browsing EBay tonight and checked on GeoBooks
    and Global PCs. There were 0 GeoBooks, buts LOTS of Global PCs. Prices
    vary widely, but one caught my eye ... listed as BuyItNow! for
    (unbelievably) $29.95. It is described as new, sealed in box. The
    seller has a 99+ rating. It is extremely tempting, and I may go for it
    myself before the 10/21/05 08:24:08 pdt deadline. However just in case
    there are also others who may be interested, it is item number
    8709113906.

    I actually bought one a year or so ago for my mom and she loves it.
    While testing/setting it up for her, I especially enjoyed being able to
    use it in split screen mode on the 57" TV. The S video output is great.
    Obviously also great on any VGA monitor.

    Anyway, if you've wanted to play with a GPC, there may never be a
    better opportunity.

    Should I ... or shouldn't I,

    RayW20

  2. Re: Global PCs on EBay

    Moin RayW20!

    Du schriebst zu obigem Thema:

    >Should I ... or shouldn't I,

    Hmmm - although it's brandnew, I assume that it has been dreaming in a
    warehouse for some years.

    I'm thinking of the CMOS battery. On an old Packard Bell 486 I kept
    for a couple of years, that f***g battery was down someday. It was not
    a replacable button cell but some sort of accu which was soldered to
    the mainboard. No way of replacement. I even couldn't identify which
    one of the bugs & insects on the mainboard was that CMOS accu...

    I've never seen a Global PC before so I'm not aware how they kept the
    CMOS running on this model.

    Well, if had any use for it I'd go for it.

    In my place, however, I can't use its TV output (don't have NTSC), and
    our local power supply is 230-50-1 rather than the U.S. 115-60-1.

    [sigh...]

    All the best and "happy bidding"!

    Reg's,

    Hans.