Anybody out there? - GEOS

This is a discussion on Anybody out there? - GEOS ; Can this happen? Only 7 (seven) postings over the past two months here, besides of the FAQs which are done automatically and regularly, I suppose. Where are ye hiding, heh? Reg's, Hans....

  1. Anybody out there?

    Can this happen?

    Only 7 (seven) postings over the past two months here, besides of the
    FAQs which are done automatically and regularly, I suppose.

    Where are ye hiding, heh?

    Reg's,

    Hans.

  2. Re: Anybody out there?

    Here in comp.os.geos.misc,
    Hans Voges spake unto us, saying:

    >Only 7 (seven) postings over the past two months here, besides of the
    >FAQs which are done automatically and regularly, I suppose.
    >
    >Where are ye hiding, heh?

    I monitor this group regularly, but since I don't ask questions I don't
    post much except in response to others. :-)

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  3. Re: Anybody out there?

    Same here...

  4. Re: Anybody out there?

    peteski@my-deja.com wrote:
    > Same here...

  5. Re: Anybody out there?

    bin auch immer mal da. ... ;-)

    Wir bereiten gerade unser diesjähriges PC/TREFFEN in Geithain vor.

    You are all welcome in Geithain in Saxony in Germany. We are preparing
    the geithain meeting in november 2005.

    Gruss Johannes

    Philippe wrote:
    > peteski@my-deja.com wrote:
    > > Same here...

  6. Re: Anybody out there?

    Hi Hans

    you wrote:

    > Only 7 (seven) postings over the past two months here, besides of the
    > FAQs which are done automatically and regularly, I suppose.
    >
    > Where are ye hiding, heh?

    I think cogm has been dying off for a while under the impact of
    repeated flaming from a couple (?) of trolls who drove nearly everyone
    else away.

    A lot of folks - and many familiar faces - have moved over to

    instead, which is moderated. (At least in theory - I am not sure
    anyone's messages have been knocked back.)

    Try there ... : )

    Regards,

    Tim

  7. Re: Anybody out there?

    i'm still checking in...

    still using geos recently to print out CD label/packaging artwork
    created in geos..

    updating my address book..

    still amazed at how useful and powerful geos is when i spend hours
    installing windows xp and it's updates on "modern" equipment..

    and wondering when this little OS will get recognized and or resurrected
    and put on cheap PC's hanging on pegs in the corner drugstore..

    still think GEOS should have been opens sourced or sold to the Chinese
    or Indians or Brazilians whgo probalby would have thrown soem resources
    into further develpment..

    still think that updated internet apps are the answer..

    the GPC, cost reduced using todays cheapest hardware, with ethernet
    support would be great!

    but i am dreaming...

    hyubso

    Hans Voges wrote:
    > Can this happen?
    >
    > Only 7 (seven) postings over the past two months here, besides of the
    > FAQs which are done automatically and regularly, I suppose.
    >
    > Where are ye hiding, heh?
    >
    > Reg's,
    >
    > Hans.

  8. Re: Anybody out there?

    Hans Voges wrote:

    > Can this happen?
    >
    > Only 7 (seven) postings over the past two months here, besides of the
    > FAQs which are done automatically and regularly, I suppose.
    >
    > Where are ye hiding, heh?
    >
    > Reg's,
    >
    > Hans.

    I'm still here and still hoping to one day use NDO/Geos as an office
    suite under Windoze XP. I REALLY miss the simplicity of the writing
    app. Aside from that, my ISP has been deleting groups at random.
    ;-Deano

  9. Anybody out there?

    * Reply auf eine Mail in COMP.OS.GEOS.MISC (GEOS O/S by Geoworks in general.)

    06 Sep 05 23:08:28, Hans Voges schrieb an All:

    Hallo Hans,

    HV> Only 7 (seven) postings over the past two months here, besides of the
    HV> FAQs which are done automatically and regularly, I suppose.

    HV> Where are ye hiding, heh?

    No problems, no questions.
    But I'm still using GEOS for writing letters and using calc.
    It's still great, small but beautiful.
    But unfortunately no support for dsl in geos :-/#

    cu, Fred

    E-Mail an fred(at)koerper-hannover.de

  10. Re: Anybody out there?

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:00:02 -0400, Deano wrote:

    > I'm still here and still hoping to one day use NDO/Geos as an office
    >suite under Windoze XP.

    Ditto!

    Since my business was forced to upgrade, a ten minute flyer takes hours
    and even longer if I have to create art drawn from scratch. Illustrator
    might be twenty times more powerful than GeoDraw, but it takes twenty
    times the effort to achieve it.
    -G
    DOS means never having to live hand-to-mouse.

  11. Re: Anybody out there?

    In article ,
    "::Glen Doll::" wrote:

    > On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:00:02 -0400, Deano wrote:
    >
    > > I'm still here and still hoping to one day use NDO/Geos as an office
    > >suite under Windoze XP.

    > Ditto!
    >
    > Since my business was forced to upgrade, a ten minute flyer takes hours
    > and even longer if I have to create art drawn from scratch. Illustrator
    > might be twenty times more powerful than GeoDraw, but it takes twenty
    > times the effort to achieve it.
    > -G
    > DOS means never having to live hand-to-mouse.

    I know this is impossible, but it would be neat if someone could do what
    that one guy did for the GIMP when he took the codebase and retooled the
    interface to make it "Photoshop" like -- the program is called GimpSHOP.

    If someone could take OpenOffice and Geo-ify it that would be the
    coolist. I loved the Geos interface, the fact that each program was just
    an 'interface' to the underlying codebase. Even though, for example,
    the Write program could do much of what the rest of the suite could do,
    it never seemed overcomplicated.

    That would probably mean a rewrite from the bottom up.

  12. Re: Anybody out there?

    Hello,

    I'm still here ;-).

    Regards,

    Byron Collins
    List Moderator, Geos-Talk E-list(s)
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/geos-talk

    Ringmaster, GEOS WebRing
    http://www.ringsurf.com/netring?ring=GEOS;action=info

  13. Re: Anybody out there?

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:22:41 GMT, hyubso wrote:

    >still amazed at how useful and powerful geos is when i spend hours
    >installing windows xp and it's updates on "modern" equipment..
    >
    >and wondering when this little OS will get recognized and or resurrected
    >and put on cheap PC's hanging on pegs in the corner drugstore..

    I am checking in occasionally, but GEOS has been a bit "de-emphasised"
    on my side as well.

    Have a look at this article:

    This looks to me as if GEOS even went past the "we can bridge the
    digital divide" stage.

    Holger

  14. Re: Anybody out there?

    well, maybe they can erase the linux preinstalled on the cheap laptops
    and install geos so things run faster and easier....

    time for the next release of geos to coincide with the release of this
    laptop, IMHO

    Holger Laux wrote:

    > Have a look at this article:

    > This looks to me as if GEOS even went past the "we can bridge the
    > digital divide" stage.
    >
    > Holger

+ Reply to Thread