xp pro won't run any geos - GEOS

This is a discussion on xp pro won't run any geos - GEOS ; I could have sworn I had this working before... but now no version of geos will run.... I give up..... i get userdata/font error and it crashes back to desktop... wessd...

  1. xp pro won't run any geos

    I could have sworn I had this working before...
    but now no version of geos will run....

    I give up.....

    i get userdata/font error and it crashes back to desktop...

    wessd

  2. Re: xp pro won't run any geos

    You don't say whether you have tried the tips in the whitepaper on
    www.breadbox.com in the downloads section for running Geos on NT/2000/XP.

    John ;-)

    wessd wrote:
    > I could have sworn I had this working before...
    > but now no version of geos will run....
    >
    > I give up.....
    >
    > i get userdata/font error and it crashes back to desktop...
    >
    > wessd

  3. Re: xp pro won't run any geos

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:16:04 -0700, John Howard
    wrote:

    >You don't say whether you have tried the tips in the whitepaper on
    >www.breadbox.com in the downloads section for running Geos on NT/2000/XP.
    >
    >John ;-)
    >
    >wessd wrote:
    >> I could have sworn I had this working before...
    >> but now no version of geos will run....
    >>
    >> I give up.....
    >>
    >> i get userdata/font error and it crashes back to desktop...
    >>
    >> wessd

    i think i did, at least i know i got the download and applied those
    files....

    if you promise not be a geo zealot, i have tried v2 and the breadbox
    lite version, plus nd2k eval.....i am sure i got this exact copy to
    run under xp, there was just a mouse bug somehow.
    but i may be wrong...

    i was a beta tester and as such had the beta, of nd2k full un
    restricted, and really liked it....but i could never get anything bad
    to happen, it worked fine on my 3 different pc's....so i wasn't much
    help there....
    but my beta copy got lost...
    i recenlty found my geoworks ensembl 2.0 and a strange brother
    geoworks package.....

    i still can't believe that breadbox is even trying to market this....

    oh well....

  4. Re: xp pro won't run any geos

    wrote:

    >You don't say whether you have tried the tips in the whitepaper on
    >www.breadbox.com in the downloads section for running Geos on NT/2000/XP.

    You know, I tried the edits I found in a txt file, but not those...
    The white paper file made it work...

    mouse printer some sound (always a sore spot with me about geoworks)
    but the video sucks....I have to research how to get my gf4 card to
    work...anything but vga crashes and locks up the system (the geos not
    xp)

    WessD Fly NavAir!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. Re: xp pro won't run any geos

    wessd wrote:
    > I could have sworn I had this working before...
    > but now no version of geos will run....
    >
    > I give up.....
    >
    > i get userdata/font error and it crashes back to desktop...
    >
    > wessd

    Who gives a ****? It's 2006 for Christ's, (Buddah, Allah, Krisna's),
    sake. **** GEOS!

  6. Re: xp pro won't run any geos

    god bob i thought you were dead..

    oh well

    Bob wrote:
    > wessd wrote:
    >
    >> I could have sworn I had this working before...
    >> but now no version of geos will run....
    >>
    >> I give up.....
    >>
    >> i get userdata/font error and it crashes back to desktop...
    >>
    >> wessd

    > Who gives a ****? It's 2006 for Christ's, (Buddah, Allah, Krisna's),
    > sake. **** GEOS!

  7. Re: xp pro won't run any geos

    wessd wrote:

    > I could have sworn I had this working before...
    > but now no version of geos will run....

    Odd, What version9s) are you running ? Not having a problem here...

    Lance

  8. Re: xp pro won't run any geos

    On 19 Mar 2006 22:21:33 +1100, llyon@landover.no-ip.com (Lance Lyon)
    wrote:

    >wessd wrote:
    >
    >> I could have sworn I had this working before...
    >> but now no version of geos will run....

    >Odd, What version9s) are you running ? Not having a problem here...
    >
    >Lance

    wow!!!!!!!! when did I write that? it was like 05 or 04?
    and btw, what was the answer, since I'm in the same boat again.

    oddly, I had the thing running on the 4th july 2006, but the prefs
    didn't work...

    so on a reinstall, and every reinstall since, it blinks back to my xp.

    i have the nde eval from right after the beta, i think....

    btw, i had the beta, but it went away when my notebook was stolen.

    and none of my 2.0 or pro ensemble disk made the moves with me.

    you would expect some one to have an abandon ware site with it. I got
    a french package...

+ Reply to Thread