Will GEOS work with the following: a PCMCIA 802.11G wireless card? a PCMCIA NIC? - GEOS

This is a discussion on Will GEOS work with the following: a PCMCIA 802.11G wireless card? a PCMCIA NIC? - GEOS ; Will GEOS work with the following: - a PCMCIA 802.11G wireless card? - a PCMCIA NIC? -- Regards, Casey...

  1. Will GEOS work with the following: a PCMCIA 802.11G wireless card? a PCMCIA NIC?

    --
    Regards,
    Casey

  2. Re: Will GEOS work with the following: a PCMCIA 802.11G wireless card? a PCMCIA NIC?

    I used GEOS on different notebooks with PCMCIA cards for network access
    over LAN or phone line.

    Often, you have to use a special driver for the PCMCIA socket -> check for
    software of the manufactor of your notebook.

    Some notebooks have a standard PCMCIA controller, where some drivers of
    the PCMCIA card can use it directly or you only need an "enabler" driver
    to load (for modem -> COM port).

    My IBM ThinkPad with a Cisco WLAN card works nice. But it is not a 802.11g,
    only 802.11b.

    You can search the archive of this newsgroup for more information.

    Andreas

    Casey Hawthorne wrote:

    > Will GEOS work with the following:
    > - a PCMCIA 802.11G wireless card?